Saratoga or old key west

patch553

Original Poster
Hi we are doing dvc next May which would you lovely people say is better out of Saratoga or old key west. Both same price so that doesn't come onto it. Just facility's and pool etc what's the difference please thank you in advance for your answers

epcotisbest

Hi we are doing dvc next May which would you lovely people say is better out of Saratoga or old key west. Both same price so that doesn't come onto it. Just facility's and pool etc what's the difference please thank you in advance for your answers
Stayed at both and like them both. They are beautiful properties and you won't go wrong with either. It is like choosing between thick cut or regular bacon. Either way, bacon!
Personally, we enjoy the walk from SSR over to DS, especially when staying in the Congress Park section of SSR.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
We've stayed at both, and love both of them. Not much of a difference, though the rooms at OKW are larger. The studios have 2 queen beds in them as well, instead of the sleeper sofa, if that matters to you. Both have a boat to DS, but as @epcotisbest mentioned, you can walk to DS from SSR. Olivia's restaurant at OKW is open for all 3 meals, and is a wonderful hidden gem as far as we are concerned. But then, so is the Turf Club at SSR, but it is only open for dinner nowadays.

SSR I believe has the better pools, as it really has 2 main pools near the main area of the Springs, and also at the Paddock. The Paddock pool also has a QS restaurant, and I would give the QS restaurants the edge for SSR. The quiet pool in the Grandstand area is awesome as it has it's own pool bar, along with being very quiet. The pools at OKW are OK, but just not quite as good as SSR. SSR also has the best spa on property (even better than the Grand Floridians spa), so that might be something to consider as well.

Let us know if you have any other questions. We own our DVC at SSR, and have stayed there many times.

anchorman314

Goof pretty much nailed it with the above post, but I just wanted to add a little about the rooms. I highly recommend you review the room layout maps that are out there. I've only stayed in a 2BR at SSR (I've also been inside a Studio there), and have stayed in Studios, 2BR, and GV in OKW. While the layouts in SSR are perfectly fine, I find the room layouts at OKW to be a bit nicer.

micknminnie

We have stayed at both and enjoyed both but I think if I was to choose between the two, I would go with SSR. Though the rooms are bit a larger at OKW, I think the the pools are nicer and the fact that that SSR has a better quick service option. OKW only had a to go window as opposed to an actual food court type area. Also, we were able to walk to DS which was nice. We stayed in the Springs section both of our stays and enjoyed it. It was close to the main pool and building and not a far walk to the Paddock pool area.

patch553

Original Poster
thankyou very much for all your replys we are gonna go for Saratoga just got to wait now for july to put are request in cant wait

chipanddale

If all goes according to plan, my husband and I will be staying at OKW in a studio. First time staying there. I am hoping to get a building that is near the HH. Waiting for the bus to take me to the main pool doesn't sound like a good thing.

BigRedDad

Never been to OKW, but stayed SSR. I have no complaints about it at all. There was plenty to do at the resort, short walk or boat ride to DtD, very nice rooms. I imagine OKW is similar. However, it is not walking distance to DtD and a bit older.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
If all goes according to plan, my husband and I will be staying at OKW in a studio. First time staying there. I am hoping to get a building that is near the HH. Waiting for the bus to take me to the main pool doesn't sound like a good thing.
Request a room on Peninsular Road. It's the first bus stop to the parks, and a very short < 5 minute walk to the main buildings and pool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom