Sake, anyone?

arielrose

Original Poster
Hi to All,
My husband and I are going to the Flower and Garden Festival for the first time. I want to try sake. Does anyone have any suggestions?

NiarrNDisney

For one I always suggest people try Hana Awaka which is a sparkling Sake its kinda sweet and refreshing.

My other suggestion would be to go to the small bar found in the back of Mitsukoshi Dept Store (in the room with dishes and snack foods)
They're more options and the servers have a wealth of information about the Sake.

Phonedave

Sake really runs the gamut, dry to sweet, with all sorts of other flavors in there too.

It's sort of like saying "we are going to try white wine for the first time, any suggestions?" I could pick something I enjoy, and you may hate it.

I will second the tasting area in the back of the Japan pavillion. You can read about each of the sakes they have, then taste one (some?) that seem to meet your prefrences.

-dave

Hockey89

Sake really runs the gamut, dry to sweet, with all sorts of other flavors in there too.

It's sort of like saying "we are going to try white wine for the first time, any suggestions?" I could pick something I enjoy, and you may hate it.

I will second the tasting area in the back of the Japan pavillion. You can read about each of the sakes they have, then taste one (some?) that seem to meet your prefrences.

-dave
I know nothing about Sake.... Total mystery... But yeah, you have to find out what you like...

Figgy1

Premium Member

-dave
^^^This Yak and Yeti has an unfiltered one I like.

mouse_luv

I'll echo what @Phonedave said. Sake is very much personal preference.

Having been to Japan many times I love Sake and miss it where I live in North America.
They do tastings at the one area of the Mitsukoshi store at the Japan Pavilion. They also offer a sake flight at Teppan Edo as well as many different sake by the glass or bottle.
If you are interested in something different try the equivalent to a dessert sake called Negori Ginshu (it has hints of vanilla/fruit in it and is very mild) don't be put off by the fact that it takes on a creamy texture and is cloudy compared to other sake.

Also, if you are looking for different authentic drinks make sure to try plum wine.

Disneyfan_76

I would ditto the advice of trying the bar on the ground floor of Mitsukoshi. They have a great selection and are more than happy to find something that matches your tastes. Years ago when I went there the woman behind the bar drank the sake with us. (.... she may have done some slight of hand and been drinking water). Either way, she gave a lot of good information about each sake.

JerseyDad

Hi to All,
My husband and I are going to the Flower and Garden Festival for the first time. I want to try sake. Does anyone have any suggestions?

.....the Mitsukoshi Store IS THE PLACE to test drive some different types of sake`. If in fact you do find that you like it, there is one brand / type that they sell that I HIGHLY recommend. It's called, "Dewazakura Izumi Judan Ginjo "Tenth Degree" ....and it is often one of the sake` offerings that you can purchase a sample of. It is dry ...and it's crisp and ....wonderful. As somewhat of a sake` enthusiast ....(meaning:...my wife loves sake` ...so therefore I need to love sake` ...which I do)...I can tell you that you will not be disappointed .......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom