Running Trails/Routes?

mishel635

Original Poster
Hi everyone! I'm looking for a map I found awhile ago online but I can't seem to find it anywhere now. It was a map of running routes and the distance of each one at WDW. Does anyone have a link or know what site I might find something like that?
I'm coming to Disney for 8 days next month and staying at BCV and while I don't plan to do a ton of running I would like to do 3 miles or so a couple of the days we are there.
Thanks!!!

Minnie_girl

Thank you too! :)
75.gif

216bruce

The area around WL and FW is tremendous for running- scenic, uncrowded and at least a couple of miles round trip. I used it before the 1/2 marathon and really enjoyed it. You may even spot some deer near the path.

Maryssa*

The area around WL and FW is tremendous for running- scenic, uncrowded and at least a couple of miles round trip. I used it before the 1/2 marathon and really enjoyed it. You may even spot some deer near the path.
Do they close this path at sundown? I was hoping to get a run in friday evening before Princess as it would be the only time I could.

216bruce

Do they close this path at sundown? I was hoping to get a run in friday evening before Princess as it would be the only time I could.
Sorry about the lateness of the reply. I think it's available 24/7, but it's unlit as it goes through the woods and might be a bit dicey running in the dark. One cool aspect to the route is that you can run over to FW and see the 'permanent' places folks have set up in the RV area as you go through the different loops/sections. Pretty nice digs for a lot of the folks who basically live there year -round. I need to see stuff when I run and there's a lot to look at on this run. You don't feel like a hamster on a wheel seeing the same thing lap after lap. You can also stretch out the distance a decent amount.

Maryssa*

Thanks for the info! Sounds really cool! I've never actually seen the inside of Fort Wilderness so this will be great!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom