Running at WDW....at home.

RobVanDam

Original Poster
I sure do hope this was the right board to post this one.

I've recently gotten into running, as my lifestyle had to make a dramatic change (wasn't living all that healthy.)As I run, I try to listen to things that take my mind off of running so that I'm not thinking of how tired I am even though it has only been 15 minutes. I know when I would ride the stationary bike, or the elliptical, I would put on some attraction ride throughs, and it helped.

I was wondering if any of you have a playlist, or something of that sort, that makes you feel as if you're running at WDW, even though you're running at home.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Tim_4

OK, someone needs to build a running MP3 with park music. Epcot, then MK, then AK, then DHS, then back to Epcot. :D
There are programs out there that can rip youtube videos to mp3s. I've never used one and I have no idea if they're even legal but if they ARE legal it's a viable option.

Mad Stitch

OK, someone needs to build a running MP3 with park music. Epcot, then MK, then AK, then DHS, then back to Epcot. :D

Ha, do it real time also using the pace of an average runner. I don’t know what you would use for the roads in between the parks though. Sounds of cars a people cheering?

I’m probably in the minority of people who don’t like music when I’m running. I need my mind actively thinking on something else to distract me from running. I listen to podcasts, mostly Disney ones, when I’m running. That way I’m listening to the conversation, thinking about if I agree; disagree with their point of view.

ExtinctJenn

I actually spent the day yesterday using an app called beaTunes that calculates the BPM for all the songs in your iTunes library (among other awesome 'fixes'). I did every genre except my Disney music simply because I have just under 10GB of Disney stuff and it was going to take forever. Now that said... I love the idea of making a playlist of Disney music for the walk/run and will once beaTunes processes all of what I have. :D

They say around 115-120 BPM is good for a quick walk pace but if anyone knows what BPM is good for a run, I'd be happy to share the playlist of Disney music that fits into that range for you (or within any range if someone is interested). :)

lukacseven

I remember back in '06 & '07, during the races they played techno versons of popular Disneys songs from some of the animated features in the parks. There was an import CD called "Hyper Techno Disney" available on Amazon, but it's rare and therefore pricey for an audio CD. Don't know if you can download the music from iTunes or anywhere.

JillC LI

I have a couple of WDW park songs sprinkled on my iPod, and every time one plays, it makes me smile during my run. I always hit Repeat.

dreamfinder

I remember back in '06 & '07, during the races they played techno versons of popular Disneys songs from some of the animated features in the parks. There was an import CD called "Hyper Techno Disney" available on Amazon, but it's rare and therefore pricey for an audio CD. Don't know if you can download the music from iTunes or anywhere.

There have been a ton of amazing Disney Japan releases. Techno goes Disney, Punk goes Disney, etc. Dive Into Disney Mosh Pit On Disney House Disney are some that are pretty solid covers of Disney tracks. Just go to something like hmv.co.jp, and search Disney in their CDs. Tons of amazing stuff that doesn't get released here in the US. If you dig around online lots of it has been shared online in one way or another.

ExtinctJenn

Anyone interested in a playlist of songs at the appropriate BPM for a run? I'd be happy to share! Not sure if that was missed so I wanted to repeat the offer. LOL!

SpectroPhoenix

I'm running the half-marathon in January for the first time and my plan is to create a playlist based on the route. When I'm running through Tomorrowland, I'll have music from Space Mountain playing, and then when I cross into Fantasyland, I'll hit skip on my mp3 player and switch to Disney animated movie songs, and I'll continue with matching the song to the environment for the length of the race. Not sure what I want to do for the roadways between the parks yet though.

wiigirl

I have a couple of WDW park songs sprinkled on my iPod, and every time one plays, it makes me smile during my run. I always hit Repeat.

Me too....kind of zen's me out. :p
75.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom