Trip Report Runnin’ Down a Dream

Where in the World?
BDCAE56A-461F-4C09-8DFF-1A0ECB8FCA44.jpeg

AKemily

Original Poster
Day 2 cont'd

If you don’t want to hear negativity, maybe don’t read this review.

In total, we waited about an hour for this Tron. That doesn’t sound bad, but Tron has the most boring queue of all time. For a new ride, this is baffling. First, we waited at least 20 minutes just to scan into the VQ. Then we waited about 20 under the outdoor roof. Then you go into the tiny room with about a dozen people for the “big unveiling”, which isn’t exciting enough to slow the queue down as much as it does. 12 people at a time? Yikes. And then you wait another 20 minutes in a box with the same emotionless ride spiel playing every couple minutes.

The ride itself is too short, but at the same time, I found the vehicles very uncomfortable for my neck and back and wouldn’t want to be in them much longer.

Overall, this ride has too low of a capacity. I honestly also feel that, if you are going to have the VQ system, the wait shouldn’t be this long when it becomes your turn. I know they want it to be a "people eater”, but it feels very frustrating. If you didn’t know what to expect going into it, I would imagine it would be even more frustrating. In my opinion, this ride isn’t worth an hour wait, nor is it worth the $20 ILL (or whatever the price may be).

I wish they had put the money spent into something more creative or that had higher capacity. Even just enhancing the queue experience would have been great.

I don’t like to be a Disney downer, but this could have been so much better. I guess one good thing about it is that it is a modern, high-thrill rollercoaster in a park that has little of that (but excels in many other ways).

10.jpg

We snapped this picture and sent it as a "Where in the World?" photo for our family, none of whom had ridden Tron.

I guess Kaely went a little loopy during our hour-long wait, because two very funny things happened. Keep in mind, there was a ride spiel that we heard several times that told us about the ride lockers (although maybe could have had better instruction), and then told you precisely how to load the ride vehicles.

Well, Kaely walked up very confidently to the ride locker… and put her fingers on the scan pad – think the Hunger Games salute - with a gentle caress.
jennifer lawrence the hunger games gif GIF

:hilarious: Confused, I moved her aside and touched my Magic Band to the scanner. Suffice it to say, we laughed about this all day, and I’m still laughing about it now as I write this.

Then, it was time to get on our “bikes”, which were at the back of the ride vehicle. We knew from the spiel that one of us (me) had to go around the back of our bikes before loading.

As I went around to get on my bike, I noticed Kaely facing the wrong way. I stopped, confused once more, as the Cast Member says, “You’ve gotta face the handlebars, babe.”

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: I think I actually strained muscles from laughing so hard.

2024-02-23 - Magic Kingdom Park - Tron lightcycle  run.jpeg

2024-02-23 - Magic Kingdom Park - Tron lightcycle  run_2.jpeg

Kaely looks like she's having a blast, I look like the Hulk lol.

Anyways, after having a bit of a wait, it was an eventful ride experience. “You’ve gotta face the handlebars, babe.” :hilarious:

After laughing ourselves silly, we went to ride IASW. We watched Philharmagic and rode the Haunted Mansion before grabbing supper at Columbia Harbour House and heading to find a spot for HEA.
2024-02-23 - Magic Kingdom Park - Haunted mansion.jpeg

Believe it or not, this photo was NOT staged 😂 We were just both so unprepared for the ride photo and look like we're having a terrible time.:hilarious:

We wanted to watch HEA from the end of Main Street so that we could have a quick escape – we had to be up early for the 10K. When we got to the train station there were ropes, but we knew the train stopped running at 6pm, and thought they might reopen the station for viewing at 7pm. We were correct, as we saw a CM arrive right on cue. We hustled it up the stairs and spent the next hour waiting for the show from our wonderful view!
11.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

It was great to see HEA again and a great end to our first park day!

And when we got back to our room at the end of the night we had a lovely magnet waiting for us on our door!
15.jpg

Time for some beauty rest!

Coming up: Day 3 – 10K

Minnie1986

Day 2 cont’d

We decided that after completing Guardians we would head over to MK. But before we left, we stopped by Club Cool for Kaely’s first taste of Beverley. Like me, she didn’t hate it. What we did hate was the cola from China, which tasted like barbecue sauce.:hungover:

We stopped by Connections Eatery before heading out. I had the General Tso’s Chicken Salad and it was delicious – would definitely get it again!
1709515049667.png

(picture from BlogMickey)

We hopped on the monorail for MK!
2024-02-23 - Magic Kingdom Park - Main street train station_11.jpeg

We arrived at the Park shortly before 1:00, with a goal to get our second VQ of the day. And again, we had sweet success!
7.png

We had bought Genie+ in the morning and stacked our LLs for MK. Thanks to that, we headed to BTMRR.
7.jpg

Kaely had had a kid’s meal at Connections which turned out to not fill her up, so we stopped at Pecos, before jumping into the Pirates LL.
2024-02-23 - Magic Kingdom Park - Pirates of the caribbean.jpeg

I look fake scared, Kaely looks legitimately scared😂

Then we went across the park to ride Space.
2024-02-23 - Magic Kingdom Park - Space mountain.jpeg

Just the worst picture haha.

After Space, we decided to catch the 3:00 parade. I had planned to get a certain souvenir on this trip, and went to wait for that on Main Street.

Tada! I got a silhouette of my pup, Koda. What do you think?
silhouette.jpg

koda.jpg

The artist was very pleased with me that I had brought a good side picture. I’m sure some people just pull up the best picture they can find on their phone of their pup – whereas I came prepared!

I joined Kaely for the parade.
8.jpg

9.jpg

It was finally time for our Tron VQ!
Getting a portrait of your dog is SUCH a great idea. Definitely going to work on getting a side profile pic of her to take on my trip.

AKemily

Original Poster
Oh my goodness, I'm laughing right along with you. This sounds like so much fun, the dog silhouette is AMAZING and the photos are a fabulous hoot! Keep 'em coming!
Thank you so much! Glad to have you along!
Getting a portrait of your dog is SUCH a great idea. Definitely going to work on getting a side profile pic of her to take on my trip.
Thanks! I saw a TikTok or two on the idea and I knew I had to do it! I'm looking forward to finding the perfect place for it!
I think your photos look great! You both look like you are having a lot of fun!

On the other hand, I’m starting to think that some of my family photos may end up in the outtakes file at the annual Photopass Christmas Party! 🤣

the big bang theory smile GIF
Haha thank you, we had a blast! To be fair, I'm posting the best of our Photopass pictures, there are many more bad ones, I just think the magic shots are hilarious 😆

AKemily

Original Poster
Day 3 - 10K Day!

We woke up at 2am by Rocket Raccoon – which is jarring to be sure. We enjoyed using our “Hey Disney!” alexa that they have in the hotel rooms now during our trip. The first bus leaving the resort was at 3am, and Kaely had every intention of being on it.

I’ll be honest, other than training, I did nothing to prepare for this race. I knew the basics of what to expect, but otherwise it was all Kaely. She had listened to all the podcasts, and watched all the TikToks, and followed all the Facebook pages. (Still, with as little as I knew, some of the last-minute questions people had on the Facebook pages were shocking – why are you waiting until the night before to find out how best to travel to the race??). So basically, I was just along for the ride – thanks, Kaely. 😅

Any guesses who our outfits are inspired by??
18.jpg

We were in Corral E (the last of the Corrals), so would be the last to start the race. We knew we would be starting at about 5:45am. So, yes, we had about 2.5 hours of standing in a corral with thousands of other people before we would even start running. While there are various things to do while you wait for the race to begin (such as meeting characters, etc.), the later you go into your corral, the further back you would be. You have to be faster than 16 minutes per mile in order to stay in the race. They send “balloon ladies” (literally ladies with Mickey balloons) at the back of the last corral to mark this timing. If you fall behind the balloon ladies, you will be swept/have to leave the race. So, if you’re slow, which we kind of are, you want to put as much distance between you and the balloon ladies as possible. Also, as we were new to this type of event, we wanted to be on the safe side.

2.jpg

This is how many people were still ahead of us in our Corral. There were ~14,000 people in the 10K run (felt like 50,000 to be honest), and 11,796 crossed the finish line.

In the Corral, we passed the time with Kaely braiding my hair, eating snacks, and listening to the presenters. They had people on a stage (with plenty of giant screens) talking about various race things, and interviewers going through the crowd, and occasionally stopped to play music as well. It was a cool morning (I think about 14C/57F), which feels colder when exhausted haha. We had brought mylar blankets to keep us warm, and Disney also handed them out.
3.jpg

IMG_2726.JPG

IMG_2736.JPG
5.jpg

The above was where we waited in our Corral - the front of the line to our left, the crowds behind us. The fenced area between us and the stage was where all the runners filtered through to get to the start line, which is behind the stage. You had to walk down a long fenced area that eventually turned back toward the start line.

The first Corral started at 5:00am and then we watched as group after group of people started the race with the shooting of fireworks. They separated each Corral into the waves, and I think the largest was Corral C with 8-10 waves. We were in the second wave of Corral E.

It was finally time!

AKemily

Original Poster
Day 3/10k cont'd

We set off on our route:
1709782139932.png

Very fuzzy evidence of running under the Epcot entrance!
6.jpg

Mile 1!
7.jpg

The first meet-and-greet we came across was for Mulan. It had maybe 15 people in line and we decided to skip it. To be honest, we had to go to the bathroom after being in the Corral for so long and wanted to keep moving.😅 We quickly found out that there were not nearly enough bathrooms on the course, which I found very surprising! Eventually we did stop for a very long bathroom line, much to Kaely’s chagrin (because of the wait, not because she didn’t need to go).

Mile ✌️!
9.jpg

There was the odd DJ or tv playing Disney music videos along the highway, but otherwise it was just plain old running haha. The exciting part would be once we reached the parks. We decided to stop for Moana because there were only a few people in line. These meet-and-greets move quickly, basically just snapping a picture and keeping on running.
Moana.jpeg

She's not the most convincing Moana lol.

10.jpg

I just noticed Kaely looking less and less certain in each of the mile marker photos😂 My knee started hurting around Mile 3. I think the lopsided on-ramp was what did it in. But we kept on.

We finally entered a park!
IMG_2741.JPG

My nephew loves Cruz so we had to stop for a picture with her.

Entering HS in front of Tower of Terror was my favourite part!

2024-02-24 - runDisney Walt Disney World - Rundisney_19.jpeg

2024-02-24 - runDisney Walt Disney World - Rundisney_15.jpeg

Mile 4️⃣!
11.jpg

Coming up: More 10K

erstwo

I love it! At first I wasn't sure who your outfits were inspired by - but with the purple flower in the hair, now I'm thinking Encanto??

Loving the report - can't wait to read more!

AKemily

Original Poster
Day 3/10K cont'd

Sorry for the delay, everyone! I've been having wifi issues.
2024-02-24 - runDisney Walt Disney World - Rundisney_13.jpeg

We headed out of Hollywood Studios down the path towards the Boardwalk. There were many areas where the pathway was congested, but as a narrow path, I think this was the worst part. We walked a good portion of it, partially to help out my knee and partially because weaving was pretty difficult.

2024-02-24 - runDisney Walt Disney World - Rundisney_11.jpeg

This was Kaely's first time seeing the Boardwalk! We took a picture for posterity.
13.jpg

...and quickly hit Mile 5️⃣!
14.jpg

We entered Epcot behind the U.K. pavilion (smiling through the pain haha).
2024-02-24 - runDisney Walt Disney World - Rundisney_8.jpeg

We stopped to take a picture with our outfit inspiration.
IMG_2748.JPG

IMG_2746.JPG

@erstwo nailed it! I was Isabela pre-What Else Can I Do, and Kaely was Isabela post-What Else Can I Do.

1710204706633.png
1710204751286.png

As you may have guessed, What Else Can I Do was kind of our theme song for this adventure :inlove:

Coming up: The Finish Line!

KMD

Day 2 cont’d

We decided that after completing Guardians we would head over to MK. But before we left, we stopped by Club Cool for Kaely’s first taste of Beverley. Like me, she didn’t hate it. What we did hate was the cola from China, which tasted like barbecue sauce.:hungover:

We stopped by Connections Eatery before heading out. I had the General Tso’s Chicken Salad and it was delicious – would definitely get it again!
1709515049667.png

(picture from BlogMickey)

We hopped on the monorail for MK!
2024-02-23 - Magic Kingdom Park - Main street train station_11.jpeg

We arrived at the Park shortly before 1:00, with a goal to get our second VQ of the day. And again, we had sweet success!
7.png

We had bought Genie+ in the morning and stacked our LLs for MK. Thanks to that, we headed to BTMRR.
7.jpg

Kaely had had a kid’s meal at Connections which turned out to not fill her up, so we stopped at Pecos, before jumping into the Pirates LL.
2024-02-23 - Magic Kingdom Park - Pirates of the caribbean.jpeg

I look fake scared, Kaely looks legitimately scared😂
Well they put the picture at the scariest part! I think I was legitimately scared here haha
Then we went across the park to ride Space.
2024-02-23 - Magic Kingdom Park - Space mountain.jpeg

Just the worst picture haha.

I think this needs to be elaborated on!
After going on GOTG earlier that same day it was more obvious than ever how outdated and unimpressive Space was haha. Plus the People Mover lights were on so it was like dim in there and I think I was just kinda mind blown at how bad it was 🤯
After Space, we decided to catch the 3:00 parade. I had planned to get a certain souvenir on this trip, and went to wait for that on Main Street.

Tada! I got a silhouette of my pup, Koda. What do you think?
silhouette.jpg

koda.jpg

The artist was very pleased with me that I had brought a good side picture. I’m sure some people just pull up the best picture they can find on their phone of their pup – whereas I came prepared!

I joined Kaely for the parade.
8.jpg

9.jpg

It was finally time for our Tron VQ!

KMD

Day 2 cont'd

If you don’t want to hear negativity, maybe don’t read this review.

In total, we waited about an hour for this Tron. That doesn’t sound bad, but Tron has the most boring queue of all time. For a new ride, this is baffling. First, we waited at least 20 minutes just to scan into the VQ. Then we waited about 20 under the outdoor roof. Then you go into the tiny room with about a dozen people for the “big unveiling”, which isn’t exciting enough to slow the queue down as much as it does. 12 people at a time? Yikes. And then you wait another 20 minutes in a box with the same emotionless ride spiel playing every couple minutes.

The ride itself is too short, but at the same time, I found the vehicles very uncomfortable for my neck and back and wouldn’t want to be in them much longer.

Overall, this ride has too low of a capacity. I honestly also feel that, if you are going to have the VQ system, the wait shouldn’t be this long when it becomes your turn. I know they want it to be a "people eater”, but it feels very frustrating. If you didn’t know what to expect going into it, I would imagine it would be even more frustrating. In my opinion, this ride isn’t worth an hour wait, nor is it worth the $20 ILL (or whatever the price may be).

I wish they had put the money spent into something more creative or that had higher capacity. Even just enhancing the queue experience would have been great.

I don’t like to be a Disney downer, but this could have been so much better. I guess one good thing about it is that it is a modern, high-thrill rollercoaster in a park that has little of that (but excels in many other ways).

View attachment 771399
We snapped this picture and sent it as a "Where in the World?" photo for our family, none of whom had ridden Tron.

I guess Kaely went a little loopy during our hour-long wait, because two very funny things happened. Keep in mind, there was a ride spiel that we heard several times that told us about the ride lockers (although maybe could have had better instruction), and then told you precisely how to load the ride vehicles.

Well, Kaely walked up very confidently to the ride locker… and put her fingers on the scan pad – think the Hunger Games salute - with a gentle caress.
jennifer lawrence the hunger games gif GIF

:hilarious: Confused, I moved her aside and touched my Magic Band to the scanner. Suffice it to say, we laughed about this all day, and I’m still laughing about it now as I write this.

Then, it was time to get on our “bikes”, which were at the back of the ride vehicle. We knew from the spiel that one of us (me) had to go around the back of our bikes before loading.

As I went around to get on my bike, I noticed Kaely facing the wrong way. I stopped, confused once more, as the Cast Member says, “You’ve gotta face the handlebars, babe.”

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: I think I actually strained muscles from laughing so hard.

View attachment 771397
View attachment 771396
Kaely looks like she's having a blast, I look like the Hulk lol.

Anyways, after having a bit of a wait, it was an eventful ride experience. “You’ve gotta face the handlebars, babe.” :hilarious:
Besides for apparently losing all my brain cells in the hour long wait, I was 100% enjoying the ride, it was fun and super smooth, I just literally couldn’t believe when it was over. It was way too quick. One more spin or race would have made it feel worth the wait but it was super fun while it lasted.
After laughing ourselves silly, we went to ride IASW. We watched Philharmagic and rode the Haunted Mansion before grabbing supper at Columbia Harbour House and heading to find a spot for HEA.
View attachment 771398
Believe it or not, this photo was NOT staged 😂 We were just both so unprepared for the ride photo and look like we're having a terrible time.:hilarious:

We wanted to watch HEA from the end of Main Street so that we could have a quick escape – we had to be up early for the 10K. When we got to the train station there were ropes, but we knew the train stopped running at 6pm, and thought they might reopen the station for viewing at 7pm. We were correct, as we saw a CM arrive right on cue. We hustled it up the stairs and spent the next hour waiting for the show from our wonderful view!
View attachment 771400
View attachment 771401
View attachment 771402
It was great to see HEA again and a great end to our first park day!

And when we got back to our room at the end of the night we had a lovely magnet waiting for us on our door!
View attachment 771405

Time for some beauty rest!

Coming up: Day 3 – 10K

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
We walked a good portion of it, partially to help out my knee and partially because weaving was pretty difficult.
I am so glad you finished it! But OUCH! on the pics of that knee. Hopefully after some ice and elevation it was good. The fact you powered thru it is awesome!

Well Done Good Job GIF by GreetPool

AKemily

Original Poster
Well they put the picture at the scariest part! I think I was legitimately scared here haha

I think this needs to be elaborated on!
After going on GOTG earlier that same day it was more obvious than ever how outdated and unimpressive Space was haha. Plus the People Mover lights were on so it was like dim in there and I think I was just kinda mind blown at how bad it was 🤯
Kaely has entered the chat!

I am so glad you finished it! But OUCH! on the pics of that knee. Hopefully after some ice and elevation it was good. The fact you powered thru it is awesome!

Well Done Good Job GIF by GreetPool
Congrats! It is awful to have to power thru a race when you have some sort of pain; it takes some really strong will power!
Well done - something my knees could never do !!

well done GIF

Max
Thanks for all the love! My knee still hasn't properly recovered:confused: It starts feeling better and then I go for another run and then ruin all my progress :facepalm: I guess I'll have to go get it checked out. I appreciate all your kind words!

You made me tear up!!! Congratulations on a job well done and I just love that you did it with a sister 🥰
Thank you so much! It's definitely a memory we'll cherish. I was glad to be able to do it with her as well:inlove:

🥳🥰

Still so proud of you! 👏
Season 7 Nbc GIF by The Office

😘

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom