Rumours Circulating Mine Train Coaster Could be Cancelled!!!

RSoxNo1

raven, thanks for sharing these with us.

I'd also add that the individual lapbars probably indicates a bit more space on the seats than say Goofy's Barnstormer/Great Goofini.

jt04

As what happened with ToT for the first several years, smaller guests or children sitting next to an adult utilizing the same lap bar caused a huge safety concern. I think this was a better option as it should allow for a lower hight limit.

It would be ironic if the height requirement did not allow little people to ride.

I would expect the back of the attraction (facing mermaid) to be finished in the same sort of way BTMRR is finished on the back side at Disneyland, on the pathway from FL past the BBQ place... There's no slope to it at all... It's just basically a themed wall. I picture the same here. Probably a rock/stone themed wall.

I don't think they'll have the space, nor MONEY, to make a full "moutain" on each side. I expect a well-themed front of a ride building, heavily sloping themed sides and a mostly flat-backed building.

And I actually agree that it might mess with sightlines and feel "plopped in the middle" of everything.

But if the attraction is worth it, I can deal with the shoe-horned in feeling.

Good

I don't think they'd do that. At the very least, there would be heavy vegetation and trees planted in front of any walls or ugly bits of the building. I figured that they would build the showbuilding, lay the track, and then cover the building in rockwork to make it look natural and fit in with the rest of FLF.

AS for being "plopped in the middle", I don't feel like it will come off that way when it's done. BatB has rocky mountains and trees on the left and so will the mine train, so I think that the path between the two will be more like a valley.

And since they're going with the idea of a forest, I bet there will be plenty of trees and dense foliage to fill in empty or weird space to make it feel more like a forest.

Better

It isn't necessary to see all aspects of the expansion upon walking into Fantasyland, is it? Can you see all of AK the moment you walk through the gates? Walt did this first with the train station on Main Street. It was built in a way to reviel more and more as you progress through until you come around the corner and see the castle. So sightlines really don't come into play here as this attraction will look more like a hill in the forground. There will also be a lot of trees planted around the hill as well.

As for the backside of the hill, it will be fabricated into usable buildings (outdoor foods, shops, etc.) that will blend into the hill and rocks. The main reason for this is to cover the vehicle maintenance area and also allow for access to remove the vehicles.

Best! This made my day and would be great! The artwork should encourage everyone. I am back to thinking this will not be a bad thing. Potentially great even.

You're not the only one that questions attractions before they open. People have been doing it here for years. But let's wait until it's unvailed first. We're still over a year away before the first phase even opens.

If we don't make our concerns known then by waiting we could find ourselves stuck with another Dinorama or Birthdayland. I'd rather cause some headaches now before it is too late.

The fact that they are going to utilize the north side of the mountain in some manner is major news.

_Scar

Looks really nice! I love the individual seating! :)

I find it really neat that they went back and saw this little scene in the movie to make up a ride vehicle. It sounds like an armchair imagineering concept lol

Rob562

Not necessarily, no. But I would think that the focal point as you came through the castle would want to be Mermaid... The huge, elaborate building and water feature and everything else, basically beckoning people to that back corner. The "anchor" of the whole land.

Like Splash from Liberty Square, for example.

Or American Adventure from Future World.

And maybe it's just that imagineers decided that wasn't as important as putting another ride/attraction in the project at the 11th hour. I'd be okay with that. I'm just simply thinking out loud.

I just wonder if somewhere in the halls of Glendale, somebody is sipped because this mine train will mess up the view they had invisioned.

While I understand your thoughts, I'm still a bit confused, because you would never have been able to see the Mermaid attraction from where the castle wall will be.

In both versions of the plan, there would have been *something* there, whether it was the Cinderella M&G building or the new mine ride. Either one there would have been a 2-to-3-story structure in that plot of land.

-Rob

Ignohippo

Sorry but I can't be talked out of this. To go from such an amazingly themed land(s) that was once planned to one that has what is obviously an amusement park ride plopped right in the middle of it (no matter how well themed) seems a step backward. I don't want to hear about kinetics etc. This is a knee jerk reaction to Legoland reminiscent of the Eisner era. I like the ride but think the location is a terrible mistake unless they hide most or all of the track.

I hope they prove me wrong on this but I just feel very uneasy about it as this is not an add like Birthdayland or Dinorama which can be easily removed. If they build this and it does not work, we are stuck with it forever. :brick:

I am stunned I am the only one who sees the potential fail with this "attraction".

JT, I understand completely what you're saying. In one word: elegance.

The original plans had a kind of elegance to them. I have no doubt the the area would've been breathtaking. The original plans were incredibly cohesive and it was easy to imagine the new Fantasyland as very park-like, whereas the new plans look very much more hodge-podge - especially with the addition of CircusLand. Even though BATB and TLM haven't changed, the lack of the elegance that the chateau brought (along with it's water features) take a lot away from the aesthetics and cohesiveness of the area.

For good or bad, they've taken away the elegance and class of a chateau for what basically amounts to a hill. I'm sure it will be a very nice hill (and no doubt the coaster is a great addition), but aesthetically it's not even close to the timeless feeling and grandure of the original plans.

Personally, I would've liked to have seen imagineering take advantage of the top level of the SWMT hill design and created walking paths above the ride (creating the "fantasy forest"). One section of the area could even have been designed as Repunzel's tower, with a small meet and greet location. It's my new concern that imagineering isn't utilizing multi-level design enough and making the most of the limited space they have available.

In the end, the chateau (while beautiful) really didn't serve a purpose besides it's appearance. I just hope the SWMT area still retains some of the landscaping and beauty of the original plans and adds more to the area than just a big hill.

jt04

JT, I understand completely what you're saying. In one word: elegance.

The original plans had a kind of elegance to them. I have no doubt the the area would've been breathtaking. The original plans were incredibly cohesive and it was easy to imagine the new Fantasyland as very park-like, whereas the new plans look very much more hodge-podge - especially with the addition of CircusLand. Even though BATB and TLM haven't changed, the lack of the elegance that the chateau brought (along with it's water features) take a lot away from the aesthetics and cohesiveness of the area.

For good or bad, they've taken away the elegance and class of a chateau for what basically amounts to a hill. I'm sure it will be a very nice hill (and no doubt the coaster is a great addition), but aesthetically it's not even close to the timeless feeling and grandure of the original plans.

Personally, I would've liked to have seen imagineering take advantage of the top level of the SWMT hill design and created walking paths above the ride (creating the "fantasy forest"). One section of the area could even have been designed as Repunzel's tower, with a small meet and greet location. It's my new concern that imagineering isn't utilizing multi-level design enough and making the most of the limited space they have available.

In the end, the chateau (while beautiful) really didn't serve a purpose besides it's appearance. I just hope the SWMT area still retains some of the landscaping and beauty of the original plans and adds more to the area than just a big hill.

I could not have said it better. The second version was gutted of much of the Imagineering 'soul' of the original. The only hope is that they have recognized this and that they will add back some of the magic.

"Trust Imagineering" signs should be posted in every area of TWDC.

BriEcho3194

Sorry Lee for not sharing with you first, but I'm throwing the wolves a bone.

Did some searching and dug up an example to show everyone that everything is still a go. These are as of the begining of June this year:

Ride vehicle research study photo (from the movie)
005.jpg

Ride vehicle (concept only)
002.jpg

Full scale foam mock up
003.jpg

WOW!!!! THESE WILL LOOK AMAZING!!!!! :sohappy:

Lee

Adventurer
The lyout...
Combining bits of the most recent plans I have, this appears to be at least close to the ride's layout.
I can't swear to the Fastpass/Exit part, nor to all the water features. This is just the best I can do with what I have. Not having seen the model, it's difficult to tell some things, like what is a bridge or tunnel.

Please excuse my very poor use of Paint.:lookaroun

layout3.jpg

BriEcho3194

The lyout...
Combining bits of the most recent plans I have, this appears to be at least close to the ride's layout.
I can't swear to the Fastpass/Exit part, nor to all the water features. This is just the best I can do with what I have. Not having seen the model, it's difficult to tell some things, like what is a bridge or tunnel.

layout3.jpg

Well still it's nice to see! lol Also someone posted this on another fourm lol here's the pic.

scaled.php

They said construction is starting....is that true?!

Lee

Adventurer
Thanks Lee!

So is there a big drop like Splash in there? And it kind of looks short :[

No drop of any real height.
It's not long, by any means. Longer and slower than Barnstormer/Goofini, due to the show scenes. Two lifts will help to lengthen the ride time.

aladdin2007

No drop of any real height.
It's not long, by any means. Longer and slower than Barnstormer/Goofini, due to the show scenes. Two lifts will help to lengthen the ride time.

Sounding better and better, especially with construction now beginning. Just wish they would do better with the official ride title, talk about lazy. At the very moment I dont know what would be better but theres got to be a more creative name than that. Seven dwarfs mine train sounds like dollywood or something.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Well still it's nice to see! lol Also someone posted this on another fourm lol here's the pic.

scaled.php

They said construction is starting....is that true?!

I have to agree with what Edwardtc posted in the other thread about this, no reason to believe this is related to the Mine Train Ride. If you compare this picture to the latest aerial view you can see a large hole being dug in the BaTB area that matches up with what we see in this picture. This hole is to far to the BaTB side to be for the mine train, but does match up with where the water features are going to be.

Dan

BriEcho3194

I have to agree with what Edwardtc posted in the other thread about this, no reason to believe this is related to the Mine Train Ride. If you compare this picture to the latest aerial view you can see a large hole being dug in the BaTB area that matches up with what we see in this picture. This hole is to far to the BaTB side to be for the mine train, but does match up with where the water features are going to be.

Dan

Yeah possibly I just wanted to share I could be wrong lol my bad

Scuttle

Raven and Lee thank you for debunking these rumors so quickly. I'm sure I speak for a lot of us, but I was starting to panic a bit that this "phase 2" may never come to life. Thanks again.

jt04

Raven and Lee thank you for debunking these rumors so quickly. I'm sure I speak for a lot of us, but I was starting to panic a bit that this "phase 2" may never come to life. Thanks again.

Even if they did relocate or cancel the kiddie coaster there would still be a phase 2. They just wouldn't leave a massive blank space in the middle of FL.

raven

The lyout...

layout3.jpg

So there is no confusion, the first lift hill is not inside the mine. It's outside over the hill. Right before the ride enters the mine there is an area where guests standing outside the attraction can watch at a very close range.

Just an example of how they are paying attention to detail and trying to keep true to the movie: After the 2nd lift hill the track does a large right helix upwards over the track. The bridge over the track at that section will be the scene from the movie of the Dwarfs walking over the log:

snow-white-and-the-seven-dwarfs-3.jpg

You are welcome! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom