Rumors, Rumors, and more Rumors

jmarc63

Original Poster
Hi all

Has anyone the boards heard of some work being done for a monorail expansion, I saw on another site that someone posted that they saw a job posting on carerebuilder.com for 3rd party enginers for a three month project for "Monorail systems". They go on to say that it is for the expansion project. I personally think that the time allotment is too short for a design project for the expansion unless Disney already has the enginering plans for it in storage. This could be possible since they have announced plans for it five years ago and killed it saying it was too costly. Anyone know what it might be for if not the expansion project?

MaElStRoMROCKS

Account Suspended
ok ok ok OK ok i'll talk but i cant' say everything. all i can say us yes it true and think BIG and think WORLD SHOWCASE BLIZARD BEACH CONSERVATION STATION. It's will be good to see the doubledecker buses back from old worldshowcase for this too BUT I CAN'T TELL YOU ANTYHING ELSE BECAuse i will get my uncle in a lOT of trouble!!!!

MKCustodial

Well, Marc, the best person to answer this would definately be Tyler, and I'm sure he'll post something as soon as he sees this topic (although you should have mentioned "monorail" on the topic :) ). Anyways, I don't see it happening, but it's just my opinion. We've talked extensively about this. Besides, didn't they just approved a big rehab program for MK? I don't think they'd be willing to spend so much more money on such a delicate economic period.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Wow, if the monorail system is expanding that will be great - perhaps it will cut down on the number of buses needed to get between parks and other resorts.

Monorail Lime

Did the careerbuilder entry (I can't find it) actually mention WDW? There are other monorail systems in the country you know. The Las Vegas monorail is being expanded and needs lots of engineers considering the large scope of the project. Or it could be referring to industrial monorail systems that are used in many factories.

Supposing it were related to WDW, you are correct that three months is too short to redesign an entire system. But they could be looking for specialized engineers for a specific task like electrical or station layout or something. Designing a transit system is not a one man job! :lol:

JoeZerboy

Thread Drift - My Avatar

"We interrupt your normal thread conversations for this informative, yet non-related to the initial topic, thread tangent"

:)

WDWFREAK53 & Mr. Toad --

You are both correct. It is the TARDIS from "Doctor Who". ;)

Joe

PS: What surprised me is that there weren't any comments about it yet from the UK members of the board... :wave:

bearboysnc

Re: Thread Drift - My Avatar

Originally posted by JoeZerboy
What surprised me is that there weren't any comments about it yet from the UK members of the board... :wave:

SHHH... they're sleeping.

wishiwere@wdw

Originally posted by Monorail Lime
Did the careerbuilder entry (I can't find it) actually mention WDW? There are other monorail systems in the country you know. The Las Vegas monorail is being expanded and needs lots of engineers considering the large scope of the project. Or it could be referring to industrial monorail systems that are used in many factories.

Supposing it were related to WDW, you are correct that three months is too short to redesign an entire system. But they could be looking for specialized engineers for a specific task like electrical or station layout or something. Designing a transit system is not a one man job! :lol:

The entry has since been removed as the position has now started. It did mention "Disney" in the description. However, this was taken from Screamscape. While I do enjoy reading the site, you still must take it with a grain of salt.:) Here is what they had to say:

(9/15/02) In a move that you knew had to come sooner or later, WDW just raised it’s ticket prices $2 dollars to $50 for a one day / one park ticket. Discounts are supposed to be available if you order in advance, but then you end up being charged extra fees to mail the tickets to you instead of allowing you to print the tickets in advance at home yourself like you can do at the Busch Gardens & SeaWorld parks. In other news... Disney could be working on their monorail expansion project plans still. A reader sent me a link to a job posted on the Career Builder website for a 3rd party company looking to hire a technical drafter to help work on a 1-3 month project working on “monorail systems for Disney”. The posting has currently been removed as the job was listed to start this Monday.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

"

PS: What surprised me is that there weren't any comments about it yet from the UK members of the board... :wave:

im keeping quiet in case the Daleks hear me:zipit:

WDWFREAK53

"We interrupt your normal thread conversations for this informative, yet non-related to the initial topic, thread tangent"

:)

WDWFREAK53 & Mr. Toad --

You are both correct. It is the TARDIS from "Doctor Who". ;)

Joe

Continuation of the current thread drift...

EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!
(those lil' robots were AWESOME!) (Dahleks right?)

and the little robot dog K9

WDWFREAK53

Re: Re: Thread Drift - My Avatar

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53

We better stop this thread drift...before we know it we'll be drifting off into outer space and meeting Buck Rogers and the Battlestar Galactica :lol:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Its not really thread drift cause Disney bought a load of old Tardises from the BBC and used them in the Tower of Terror...

No honest would I lie?

WDWFREAK53

Re: Re: Thread Drift - My Avatar

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53

It's K-9!!!

Attachments

• k9.jpg
    k9.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 255

Invero

*sigh*

For the 54,456,452,165,765,454,576,335,874,178th time...

It ain't gonna happen. You have a more likely chance of seeing "The Return of Horizons"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom