1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

RUMOR : WDW Resorts to add fees???

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by TheVisionarySoul, Feb 1, 2017.

1. disney4life2008

disney4life2008 Well-Known Member

Exactly. This is why I like late seating. I usually get an ADR about 10 minutes before or at the fireworks start time. After the fireworks are done, the restaurant clears out and I get more attention and not rushed.

My issue with many of the TS places at disney (and in general), when I sit down, I want to relax and enjoy my meal.

2. Laketravis

Laketravis Premium Member

LOL! "It's all you can eat, not how long you can stay!"

Have to agree. Ohana has probably been the worst dining experience for us aside from Garden Grill where we were (un)fortunate enough to be seated below an HVAC vent dripping condensation onto our table and food.

Rushed service, cramped seating in some areas (they once tried to sit four of us around one of those little tables with a booth seat on one side and a single chair on the other by adding a chair and insisting the four of us could fit), inconsistent quality, etc. We gave it multiple chances for both breakfast and dinner and will probably never go back.

3. LuvtheGoof

LuvtheGoof Proud DVC Member Premium Member

If anyone feels rushed at any restaurant, that is their own fault. We are like you in that if someone is trying to rush, we tell them to slow down. Many times, we will not even order our main course until after we have finished our appetizers. At O'Hana, we just tell them that we are not ready for the next course. Not one has complained about it.

disney4life2008 likes this.
  4. Laketravis

Unless you tell every restaurant to slow down upon being seated, then you must sense (or "feel") that you're being rushed. I absolutely do not feel like it's my fault that a server or other staff are rushing me but I will be the first to point it out. Sometimes they will, sometimes it's just inherent to the operation and they are fighting the momentum.

5. RustySpork

RustySpork Well-Known Member

When you're spending the amount of money @LuvtheGoof is spending at Ohana, the staff just know better than to try and rush the table. Unlike us peasants who obviously don't spend nearly as much to dine there.

6. raven

raven Well-Known Member

Only for a minute or two few maybe since the entire floor of the restaurant rotates, not the ceiling.

Laketravis likes this.
  7. Laketravis

Yeah, that happened to be the year it wasn't rotating.

8. LuvtheGoof

Oooh, snark. How refreshing from you.

9. RustySpork

RustySpork Well-Known Member

Take all the time you need, sir.

10. jpeden

jpeden Well-Known Member

This just goes to show how WDW really has an issue with consistency. We went for a quick weekend and ate at both Garden Grill and 'Ohana and both were excellent with excellent service.

raven likes this.
  11. WASaMATTR

WASaMATTR Active Member

Regarding resort fees, they do this at Aulani. Regular guests have to pay a parking fee ( back in 2013 was $ 18 p/day). However, if you were a vacation club member they waived the fee.

12. Laketravis

For sure. We've have good experiences with H&V and Chef Mickey's but that's not always the case for other guests. Seems like it can depend on the season, day, weather, etc.

13. Laketravis

I'm still expecting WDW to begin charging for resort parking, but not resort fees.

14. raven

raven Well-Known Member

Whoops!

Laketravis and David2319 like this.
  15. David2319

David2319 Well-Known Member

O'hana's & 1900 park faire are just a shell of their former selves. The Animal Kingdom Lodge still has great restaurants though.

16. disney4life2008

disney4life2008 Well-Known Member

Aluani is a time share though

17. LuvtheGoof

Only 1/2 is.

disney4life2008 likes this.
  18. COProgressFan

COProgressFan Well-Known Member

This has been our issue as well. Service and food seems to be inconsistent in lots of places. I have also dined and felt completely rushed, but also had times where our server disappeared and everything took forever. It's really hard to know what to expect.

I haven't been to Ohana in quite a few years and we were excited to try it again this summer - I'm hoping we have a good experience.

19. GrumpyDude

GrumpyDude Member

I agree with that. We usually stay 5-6 days. If there is an additional $30 per day, we probably cut our trip down by a day to even it out. It doesn't take a math major to realize that if that happens, Disney is out the $30 resort fee, $100+ from not staying at the resort, and money spent on food and other things. That makes zero business sense. There are more people that stay in the values and mods than stay at the deluxes.

20. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

I've been seeing a lot more trip reports where service at restaurants seems to be extremely spotty. To me, castmembers are being overworked and they're stressed out and they're putting castmembers in roles that don't suit them.

ford91exploder and COProgressFan like this.