News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

Kman101

Just about every store I had no clue about, but I'm not a shopper, so ... I personally don't have much of anything like that near me. I might but I don't go into either mall that's near me, each is about 20-30 minutes away.

wdwfan22

Well, to what cost? Some of Disney's well known staple restaurants across property have taken a dive in recent years. O'Hana's quality has dropped dramatically. And the fun atmosphere of servers being very playful at 50's Prime Time Cafe is just a hint of what it used to be like, at least in my last 2 visits. These could just be current management issues though.

In my last two visits to O'hana we thought the quality had improved dramatically over our previous visits. While it's never been one of my favorite restaurants on property the last two times I found it to be more flavorful then in the past. Service was still lackluster like always.

As for the 50s Prime Time Café I'm pretty sure they told the servers to turn it down a notch because of Guests complaints. Not all that dine there like to over the top theatrics from the staff.

21stamps

In my last two visits to O'hana we thought the quality had improved dramatically over our previous visits. While it's never been one of my favorite restaurants on property the last two times I found it to be more flavorful then in the past. Service was still lackluster like always.

As for the 50s Prime Time Café I'm pretty sure they told the servers to turn it down a notch because of Guests complaints. Not all that dine there like to over the top theatrics from the staff.

My 2 cents.. regardless of dining or Hollywood Studios.. what I've seen is the people who make the loudest proclamations of "bad" are the ones who haven't recently experienced what's being criticized.

I love Ohana, and have never had a bad experience there. I did recently have a bad experience at Garden Grill though, that was a first for me. I will still go to GG.

One bad experience doesn't equate to a bad restaurant, Disney or not. I think people read about a person's one bad experience.. and then spread it like wildfire.

RSoxNo1

My 2 cents.. regardless of dining or Hollywood Studios.. what I've seen is the people who make the loudest proclamations of "bad" are the ones who haven't recently experienced what's being criticized.

I love Ohana, and have never had a bad experience there. I did recently have a bad experience at Garden Grill though, that was a first for me. I will still go to GG.

One bad experience doesn't equate to a bad restaurant, Disney or not. I think people read about a person's one bad experience.. and then spread it like wildfire.
The price point for Ohana went up 20% in the last year. Also, more than any other restaurant on property there is a remarkable inconsistency with the wait staff. I still love the food, but it's a harder sell each trip. Next trip I'm just gonna hit the tambu for wings and bread pudding.

raven

Well, then maybe they should have picked another restaurant? It's like booking at Biergarten and complaining about the Oompah band.
I've heard of people complaining about Biergarten because they have to sit with other people. I don't mind that myself. It's kind of fun.

But I had some friends that just flew out yesterday that went to Ohana last Monday and said the meat was tough and dry. So guess it's a hit or miss there. Incidently they also went to 50's Prime Time this week on the DP and said it was definitely toned down and their server really screwed up their bill but they didn't complain. They actually ended up with 4 more meal credits! Score!!

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I've heard of people complaining about Biergarten because they have to sit with other people. I don't mind that myself. It's kind of fun.

But I had some friends that just flew out yesterday that went to Ohana last Monday and said the meat was tough and dry. So guess it's a hit or miss there. Incidently they also went to 50's Prime Time this week on the DP and said it was definitely toned down and their server really screwed up their bill but they didn't complain. They actually ended up with 4 more meal credits! Score!!

I consider Ohana one of the worst of Disney.

Matt_Black

Not all guests understand what they are getting into when they book that restaurant, and it's not like the studios offers that many dining options.

Oh, if only there were some sort of resource that people could use to find reviews of restaurants, like some sort of engine specifically designed for searching the Internet!

And as far as not many dining options, even if you don't want to park hop over to Epcot, there are numerous nearby resorts with good dining options. So, no excuses.

PREMiERdrum

The price point for Ohana went up 20% in the last year. Also, more than any other restaurant on property there is a remarkable inconsistency with the wait staff. I still love the food, but it's a harder sell each trip. Next trip I'm just gonna hit the tambu for wings and bread pudding.

Ohana has been one of our favorites for years (we'll even sometimes visit when we're in Central Florida but not at "the world"), but our visit 2 weeks ago was absurdly bad. A server stopped by and started piling up meat on our plates literally as we were being seated, with the rest of the meal (salad, wings, dumplings, veggies, and noodles) all arriving at once before we even had our drinks. Within 10 minutes of that, they began pushing to bring us dessert. The food was fine, though not nearly the best we've had there, but the obvious, breathless rush to turn the table was a huge turn-off. We ended up complaining but never heard anything back. I'm not sure we'll be so insistent on getting there next time.

raven

Ohana has been one of our favorites for years...but our visit 2 weeks ago was absurdly bad. The food was fine, though not nearly the best we've had there, but the obvious, breathless rush to turn the table was a huge turn-off.
The faster the meal, the more guests they can serve, the more tips they can make. Sounds like their service has taken a hit in order for the servers to make more money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom