Rumor - Le Cellier going Signature

DisneyMusician2

Cant be arsed reading through to check, but isnt the concept of an improved menu just a wish/theory of a post on this thread rather than part of the original rumour?

I do want to see Milf, tshirt wearing or otherwise, but thats a whole different food group.

The rumor seems to have started on another board, supposedly from info given to the wait staff. They said nothing about a revamped menu, although it would make sense if they are going to charge what they do for signature dining.

No official Disney word yet.

This just seems like a bad idea. You've gone from increasing the dining options to eliminating a great place to eat for many people traveling, especially on a budget. Just don't like it.

wvdisneyfamily

I have wondered why it isn't signature, but after eating at Artist Point, I know why. Le Cellier, while very good, just isn't a real signature place as is. A lot of revamp work would have to be done to everything, not just the menu.

Jim B

I don't see why they couldn't enforce that dress code (for what it's worth, I haven't seen it enforced anywhere). It's far from a real business casual dress code. If you're going to a nice restaurant, even one in a theme park, there's no reason you can't throw on a t-shirt without offensive language on it and some flat front shorts. If anything, I think the dress code should be a little more stringent (requiring a collared shirt rather than a t-shirt).

The only place I've seen a dress code enforced is when we ate at Victoria & Albert's in the Grand Floridian a few years back. I did wear long pants (NOT jeans) a collared shirt, and dress shoes. They had a supply of jackets there to lend male patrons while dining. I don't know about enforcement lately but here are Victoria & Alberts current dress code instructions:

"There is a dress code. Gentleman are asked to wear a dinner jacket with dress pants and shoes. (Ties are optional.) Ladies are requested to wear a cocktail dress, dressy pantsuit, skirt/blouse or nice dress. The following are not allowed: jeans, shorts, capris, flip-flops, sandals or sneakers.)"

Then again, a $100 plus per person dinner tab is not common throughout Disney World.

We used to get dressed up for places like YM Steak house and The California Grill but we see so many people in normal clothes we don't bother any more.

To be honest we are in the Parks from Opening to closing usually so it is a pain to change anyway.

Fractal514

I personally think that this is a cop out. If they want to make more availability, then find a way to expand the dining room. While the food is good, it is not on par with CG or AP or Jinko's. I think that the move to calling everything good a signature restaurant will be a big blow to the dining plan. I know many of you on here wouldn't mind seeing the dining plan die because you personally don't like it, but some of us do use it, and would be sad to see a change like this added.

I personally think that this is a cop out. If they want to make more availability, then find a way to expand the dining room. While the food is good, it is not on par with CG or AP or Jinko's. I think that the move to calling everything good a signature restaurant will be a big blow to the dining plan. I know many of you on here wouldn't mind seeing the dining plan die because you personally don't like it, but some of us do use it, and would be sad to see a change like this added.

They have made so many cuts to the DP I would call it DP express now :shrug:

wdwcastwannabe

Sorry to stray off topic, but....

Tim! How are you? :kiss:

I was hoping that my first comment in years would garner attention from my favourite wdwmagic member/moderator and Le Cellier guest!

I am well! Where do I start? Just wrapping up a degree and maybe taking a run in Canadian politics, too!

How are things with you?

Phonedave

Do the current 15 tables in the restaurant give off a bad atmosphere? Obviously I'm exaggerating, but it's the smallest sit down restaurant I've ever been in.....anywhere.

Oh it is most assuredly the smallest restaurant on property, but it is still jammed.

If I am paying signature prices, I expect a signature experience.

That does NOT include someones rear end hovering over my plate as they try and squeeze through to their table.

Really the solution is to make the whole place bigger - but I don't see that happening.

-dave

Oh it is most assuredly the smallest restaurant on property, but it is still jammed.

That does NOT include someones rear end hovering over my plate as they try and squeeze through to their table.

Really the solution is to make the whole place bigger - but I don't see that happening.

-dave

It won't but it should it is easily one of the most, if not the most popular in WDW.

Lucky

-dave
Maybe that's a Canadian custom that's part of the atmosphere, eh?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I wonder why they can't create an establishment similar to the one in France? Keep Le Cellier as a standard TS restaurant that it is now. But create "above" it, in the empty buildings at the back of the pavilion, a Signature Dining restaurant that overlooks the "falls."

dxwwf3

I wonder why they can't create an establishment similar to the one in France? Keep Le Cellier as a standard TS restaurant that it is now. But create "above" it, in the empty buildings at the back of the pavilion, a Signature Dining restaurant that overlooks the "falls."

That is an excellent idea!

SoccerMickey

The prices at the Hollywood Brown Derby entrees range from $18-40 where as Le Cellier range from $23-38, so there's not much price difference there. The menu prices plus the limited availability of seating makes it a wise decision to make The Steakhouse a signature restaurant. The steak is good, there are better steaks out there but I have never had poor service at Le Cellier and usually my servers have done an excellent job in assistance in selecting a wine with pairing my courses. Making this a signature restaurant won't hurt the reataurant's capacity nor revenue because it will just open the seating to more people willing to spend the money on a finer dining experience.
I won't be surprised that when Via Napoli opens up, it will count as a table service credit while both Le Cellier and Tutto Italia will go signature now that epcot will have two new table service restaurants in it's inventory.
Does anyone know how much say the companies operating the restaurants have in determining how many credits are required for the dining plan?

tirian

The prices at the Hollywood Brown Derby entrees range from $18-40 where as Le Cellier range from $23-38, so there's not much price difference there. The menu prices plus the limited availability of seating makes it a wise decision to make The Steakhouse a signature restaurant. The steak is good, there are better steaks out there but I have never had poor service at Le Cellier and usually my servers have done an excellent job in assistance in selecting a wine with pairing my courses. Making this a signature restaurant won't hurt the reataurant's capacity nor revenue because it will just open the seating to more people willing to spend the money on a finer dining experience.
I won't be surprised that when Via Napoli opens up, it will count as a table service credit while both Le Cellier and Tutto Italia will go signature now that epcot will have two new table service restaurants in it's inventory.
Does anyone know how much say the companies operating the restaurants have in determining how many credits are required for the dining plan?

That's not planned, and I hope it doesn't happen. Tutto Italia is the worst "Italian" food I've had in my life. It isn't remotely authentic. I've been to Italy.

tirian

I'll echo the Alien—that's an excellent idea!

bgraham34

I always wanted to try and eat here and never was able to get a ressie because of the dining plan. I am not sure if i would try it if it were to be signature. Also I have never done the dining plan either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom