[RUMOR] JIIWF to close this fall; ride based on a Disney movie to replace it

FigmentJedi

Figment becoming more prominent in Festival marketing and stuff seems more of an indicator that the character's going to be sticking around. Plus we know that Imagineering's been quietly campaigning for Dreamfinder's return for some time. Imagination being fixed has been tossed around for like a decade and always the budget gets pulled in favor of other pavilions getting IP makeovers. Inside Out's the biggest danger the pavilion's faced, but even that doesn't seem to be as large a priority for getting into Epcot right away and Imagineering's still doing this with Dreamfinder.

tumblr_inline_mik7xvIHKi1qz4rgp.gif

matt9112

Figment becoming more prominent in Festival marketing and stuff seems more of an indicator that the character's going to be sticking around. Plus we know that Imagineering's been quietly campaigning for Dreamfinder's return for some time. Imagination being fixed has been tossed around for like a decade and always the budget gets pulled in favor of other pavilions getting IP makeovers. Inside Out's the biggest danger the pavilion's faced, but even that doesn't seem to be as large a priority for getting into Epcot right away and Imagineering's still doing this with Dreamfinder.

honestly i think figment merch is just that....merch and has zero correlation to what attractions may or may not be. Disney sells what sells period.

roj2323

Having been a CP myself at one point in time, I know for a Fact that CP's barely know more than Guests as to the future of attractions. The most they know usually is what their Schedules tell them or what the Managers ""leaders"" are kind enough to share with them. In some cases Cast doesn't find out about temporary closures/ refurbs until they are announced publicly. That said on rare occasion Managers do let something slip but they are usually pretty cryptic about it and it's usually no more than a month out.

Long story short is this is likely a fan rumor turned cast rumor and then back into a fan rumor so don't put a lot of weight into it.

JWG

Let me know when the start training cast members of JIIWF on other rides... then I'll believe it.

doctornick

@marni1971 has indicated that the Imagination pavilion is not one of the ones that is currently being looked at for a replacement or enhancement. In terms of Future World, he has specifically mentioned new attractions at Innoventions and Energy (and possible WoL some day) and plussing at M:S and the Seas.

Figments Friend

Here we go again.....the annual 'JIYIwF is getting replaced' rumor thread.

In short-

Not happening, kids, no matter how much many of us would like to see the return of something truly imaginative to the Imagination Pavilion.

Some day however, i pray to the Tiki Gods that it does eventually happen...but without unessesary IP or 'Pixar'.

The Pavilion once housed something wonderful, unique, and original.
It could be so again one day if the right people get involved and make it happen.
Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead....!

-

Last edited:

Seabasealpha1

Here we go again.....the annual 'JIYIwF is getting replaced' rumor thread.

In short-

Not happening, kids, no matter how much many of us would like to see the return of something truly imaginative to the Imagination Pavilion.

Some day however, i pray to the Tiki Gods that it does eventually happen...but without unessesary IP or 'Pixar'.

The Pavilion once housed something wonderful, unique, and original.
It could be so again one day if the right people get involved and make it happen.
Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead....!

-
Careful with those Tiki Gods...their method for getting a ride brought back to it's former glory are a bit...ah...heated...you might say...:)

JohnD

Exactly and why have Marvel Comics put out comics with Dreamfinder if they're not going to use him in Epcot?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Exactly and why have Marvel Comics put out comics with Dreamfinder if they're not going to use him in Epcot?

You can now buy lots of stuff for defunct attractions. I would guess that we can't read too much into merchandising and the like. In fact, if there were some sort of popular movie IP overlay of imagination, I could see some arguing that they would still be moving Figment merch to a certain segment and be moving more popular IP merch at the ride exit than they would otherwise. I don't like it, and I hope the Figment remains part of Imagination (heck, I want Dreamfinder back), but I wouldn't preclude a change...especially when considering the "creative" state of the company with regards to the theme parks at the moment.

JohnD

They are going to use Dreamfinder and Figment more at Epcot.. on bowls, glasses, t-shirts, hats, and anything else you can find in Mouse Gears. (Sorry, just trying to be funny)

Yep. Figment is everywhere. And they already sold a retro shirt with Dreamfinder on it. But you could be right. They sold a retro Horizons shirt. Doesn't mean they are bringing back Horizons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom