1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

[RUMOR] Imagination's potential replacement?

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by mimitchi33, Aug 25, 2017.

1. disney1023

disney1023 Member

Good news!!! I found the time stamp. The Imagination question is answered at 55:20

2. egg

egg Well-Known Member

You have cool hair.

3. Gringrinngghost

Gringrinngghost Well-Known Member

4. Disnutz311

Disnutz311 New Member

Martin,

Thank you so much for the video. It was my favorite ride in all of Disney World when I was a child and brought back wonderful memories. I only hope that what comes next can be 1/2 of what the original was. As a long time reader of this board, just not really a poster, I thank you for always speaking the magic.

5. *Q*

*Q* Well-Known Member

I just now realized how much of the downstairs ImageWorks was obviously made with spare parts from a McDonald's PlayPlace.

6. sedati

sedati Well-Known Member

Thanks as always to Martin for another amazing tribute.

I'm happy to say that after a long... long absence (Mission Space was brand new on my last trip) I am headed back to the world next week. As someone who had been visiting since the was but one park on property, I'm curious how I will find things. Pertaining to the thread at hand, I loved Journey Into Imagination. It's loss has been probably the hardest to accept out of everything else. Not sure if I'm alone in thinking this, but "Journey Into Imagination with Figment" is my least favorite of the three versions of this ride. The second didn't warrant a re-ride, but I don't recall being as upset as when I disembarked from this third version. Figment was meant to be a character of childish delight and wonder, not some irksome prankster. Honestly not sure if I'm going to visit it on this new trip. Hoping a fourth iteration is soon in the cards.

7. trainplane3

trainplane3 Well-Known Member

I'd still ride V3. I mean, the line is usually 10 minutes tops and there is A/C. I'll agree 100% on Figment being a prankster on this version. I'm amazed that the Figment survey did as well as it did (based on what others been said. Not confirmed).

Honestly one of the biggest bummers is the DVC lounge on the second floor. I was up there last year and it's depressing. What was once a interesting, fun place is now (literally) a tossed together lounge that isn't kept clean and is noisy (jam a bunch of adults that don't control their kids in a greenhouse with no sound deadening, great!). The view is nice from up there but the lounge is just sloppy and quite crap. But hey, free snacks and drinks. This is one perk I wouldn't miss at all.

Build a small V1 ImageWorks area up there and I'll reconsider. Then again, they're still gutting it 15+ years later.

8. Tahu

Tahu Well-Known Member

That's only because Eric Idle didn't heed the age old warning
    [​IMG]

9. atighe42

atighe42 Well-Known Member

@marni1971 Gorgeous work, yet again, Martin. Revisiting the attraction and experiencing the pavilion as it was, with such clarity, after so many years is an emotional experience! Here's to hoping these characters get their due again. They're important.

10. Phil12

Phil12 Well-Known Member

Let's hope they can work out a deal with Viacom and put ImaginationLand into Epcot:

11. JEANYLASER

JEANYLASER Well-Known Member

Do you like Phineas and Ferb Restore Imagination with Figment. and Meet and Greet Phineas and Ferb in the Imagination. What do you think?

12. CanadianGordon

CanadianGordon Well-Known Member

I was at Fan Expo Toronto last month, and got to meet the writer of the Figment comics AND get them signed too. He said they'd love to do more and that he's super sad at the state the current version is in. Not much else other than what we already know, where they were surprised by how well the fans loved it. I told him how wonderful it was to see a great character be given proper life again by his writing.