Rumor - Fast Pass change- Both parks linked starting April 6th

Curious Constance

I usually fall asleep after a mid-day break.

As does my husband. lol

He sleeps while I take the kids swimming. Then I have to DRAG him out of bed for dinner. It's always the same story.

I literally feel antsy knowing the parks are literally across the street, and I'm sitting in a hotel room! I'm lucky to sleep the night through I'm so stupidly excited.

We also let him sleep late while we go to the parks early in the morning and do all the scary things he won't do.

Basically I treat him like a God so he'll keep agreeing to come back. LOL

mickEblu

Original Poster
I would like to revive this thread just to say I'm pretty surprised at the lack of attention this change is getting considering some of the things that usually get people fired up.

D.Silentu

I do find all of this unfortunate, as I am one of those who take full advantage of park hopping. Since I get to the parks once, occasionally twice, a year I try to make the most of that time. Fastpass is a system that is rife with issues, but admittedly it has made jumping from park to park and getting a shot at riding everything easier. It's an advantage I'll be sad to lose, and for all I know my experience may be lessened.

A quick word on Maxpass: Though it might benefit my park going style, the more I learn about this, the less I like it. I'll skip it, and I hope the majority does the same.

D

Deleted member 107043

I do find all of this unfortunate, as I am one of those who take full advantage of park hopping. Since I get to the parks once, occasionally twice, a year I try to make the most of that time. Fastpass is a system that is rife with issues, but admittedly it has made jumping from park to park and getting a shot at riding everything easier. It's an advantage I'll be sad to lose, and for all I know my experience may be lessened.

A quick word on Maxpass: Though it might benefit my park going style, the more I learn about this, the less I like it. I'll skip it, and I hope the majority does the same.

A coworker just returned from a WDW trip and raved about Magic Bands to anyone who would listen in our area today. I get that DLR needs to have a more localized strategy for virtual queuing, but I'm baffled that they would opt to go for such a mediocre implementation of a digital reservation system that is far more robust in Florida and that visitors get for free. Unless there's something I'm missing I'd be very surprised if they get a sizeable number of people adopting without offering some big incentives.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
TSMM Fastpass started today, parks are now linked so you can't get a Fastpass in Disneyland and DCA in the same window. TSMM has had a reportedly 85-90 minute wait today... So yay, thanks Fastpass.

Just checking the App and it has a 70 minute wait and FPs are still available for later this evening. 70 minutes is about average for a Thursday during spring break time.

Just for comparison, RSR has a 120 minute wait and no FPs left for today.

D

Deleted member 107043

TSMM Fastpass started today, parks are now linked so you can't get a Fastpass in Disneyland and DCA in the same window. TSMM has had a reportedly 85-90 minute wait today... So yay, thanks Fastpass.

How did the new FP standby wait compare to the usual standby wait?

Disney Analyst

The closest wait time board picture I could find is on Mice Chat from April 25th 2016 update. RSR 90 mins, TSMM 45 Mins.

Found a photo on Micechat presumably from July 16th around 2 something, 30 minute wait for TSMM.

Stevek

How did the new FP standby wait compare to the usual standby wait?
We went last week, RSR was 120 minutes, TSM was 40. I looked at the app yesterday and compared it to what we were seeing last Wednesday...all the times were roughly the same with the exception of TSMM which was 80 min. So my non-scientific analysis it that like any ride that gets FP, standby times will/have increased. Matterhorn ought to be fun.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom