Rumor - Disneyland Prices Going up and Tiered Pricing Introduced

BrianLo

Let's not forget Disney attempted to copy Universal's formula, but that didn't work out too well. They must be doing something right.

Which project are you referring to?

Anyone who truly knows me on this forum (you know who you are) knows I don't hate Disney.

I believe that was @Curious Constance's point. Being critical does not make you a 'hater'. Both companies have things worth praising and worth being critical about.

Californian Elitist

Which project are you referring to?

I believe that was @Curious Constance's point. Being critical does not make you a 'hater'. Both companies have things worth praising and worth being critical about.

I didn't take it that way at all. And I agree, but it's kind of hard to believe someone who has yet to say anything positive (if they have, I haven't seen it) about USH and brings up a point(s) that don't really make sense is actually a fan.

And I'm referring to DHS.

Travel Junkie

Original Poster
And I just don't look at it as Universal is creeping up on Disney. I don't think that'll ever happen. I think the better Universal's parks become, the better it'll be for Disney. People making a trip to see Universal, are likely going to make stops at Disney too. I think it would take too much for them to ever trump Disney's parks in terms of public perception. Especially since it's obvious that Disney is willing to shell out the dough to add more and more top quality attractions that the public love.

Only 4 parks are higher than USJ. USO and IOA are both right behind DCA and likely passed it in 2015, we'll find out in a couple of months. Within 5 years I predict USO and IOA passing multiple Disney parks in Orlando.

Between 2013 and 2014 Disney parks attendance grew 1.3%. Universal parks grew 10.4%. The total average was 5.1% growth among the top theme park operators so Disney is growing at a below average rate and Universal at a higher than average rate. The stats show Universal is gaining. I say this as someone who prefers Disney's product over Universal's.

D

Deleted member 107043

Wonder what Disney's domestic growth will look like in a few years after all the big WDW projects are done and SW Land opens in California.

Curious Constance

I didn't take it that way at all. And I agree, but it's kind of hard to believe someone who has yet to say anything positive (if they have, I haven't seen it) about USH and brings up a point(s) that don't really make sense is actually a fan.

And I'm referring to DHS.
The only reason I bring up USH so much is because there seems to be such a double standard in the Disney fan community when comparing USH and Disney. Not just on these boards either. They are constantly compared when it doesn't make sense to, but then when comparing them in ways that do make sense (such as perceived value vs price you pay for admission) the same people say they are held to different standards and that's okay. There is literal foaming at the mouth when Disney raises their prices, but not even a peep when USH raises their prices, charging nearly the same that Disney does. Why is that? I enjoyed my time at USH, just like I do at most places I get to spend time with my family at, but it's been ten years, and no one in my family is dying to go back. We'll likely go check out Harry Potter eventually, but that's really the only thing that interests me there, and I don't really fancy taking a special trip just for one ride.

captainmoch

There is literal foaming at the mouth when Disney raises their prices, but not even a peep when USH raises their prices, charging nearly the same that Disney does. Why is that?
Except that's not true? I see just as much criticism as Disney with Universal raising their prices... it's just proprtional. Since DL/WDW are more popular than USH/USO, that means the backlash at the raising prices will be bigger. Since USH in particular has a much smaller fanbase, there's lower backlash. That doesn't mean it's not there.

Californian Elitist

The only reason I bring up USH so much is because there seems to be such a double standard in the Disney fan community when comparing USH and Disney. Not just on these boards either. They are constantly compared when it doesn't make sense to, but then when comparing them in ways that do make sense (such as perceived value vs price you pay for admission) the same people say they are held to different standards and that's okay. There is literal foaming at the mouth when Disney raises their prices, but not even a peep when USH raises their prices, charging nearly the same that Disney does. Why is that? I enjoyed my time at USH, just like I do at most places I get to spend time with my family at, but it's been ten years, and no one in my family is dying to go back. We'll likely go check out Harry Potter eventually, but that's really the only thing that interests me there, and I don't really fancy taking a special trip just for one ride.

There is no double standard, as USH and Disneyland are held to different standards because they are two different offerings, although they're both theme parks.

They're compared because they are within the same league in terms of theme parks. This is why Knott's and Magic Mountain are compared. You say it makes no sense for them to be compared, but you do just that. People may not be complaining about USH raising their prices because they're opening Potter, the biggest expansion in the park's history. Disneyland/California Adventure opened Luigi's this year, and they've introduced tiered pricing. It shouldn't be hard to figure out why people aren't saying anything about Universal's ticket price increase/introduction of tiered pricing, but they're complaining about Disney. Not to mention Universal has been not only announcing new attractions, buy building them extremely fast as well. People are giving credit where credit is due. USH fans have been outspoken in terms of pricing. I'm part of an online fan site community for USH, and people have expressed disappointment in terms of the increase.

You said it yourself, you haven't been to USH in a decade. Not sure why this bothers you. It's fine if you don't like the park, but the chastising of the park for the reasons you bring up don't make sense. I think you bring up USH more than USH fans here do.

D

Deleted member 107043

There is no double standard, as USH and Disneyland are held to different standards because they are two different offerings, although they're both theme parks.

Wait... they are different but the same? DHS and Epcot are two different offerings and they are both theme parks too, so are consumers expected to hold them to different standards?

They're compared because they are within the same league in terms of theme parks.

So, just so I understand, they are in the same league, therefore comparisons make sense, but because they are two different offerings they must be held to different standards. Basically what this means is that it's OK to judge Disney with one set of criteria, but for for some inexplicable reason Universal has a different set of criteria even though you acknowledge that it is Disney's direct competitor. Your reasoning is the very definition of a double standard.

It shouldn't be hard to figure out why people aren't saying anything about Universal's ticket price increase/introduction of tiered pricing, but they're complaining about Disney

Um, people here are talking about it. Maybe you missed it because you've decided to block anyone who doesn't agree with your opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Californian Elitist

Except that's not true? I see just as much criticism as Disney with Universal raising their prices... it's just proprtional. Since DL/WDW are more popular than USH/USO, that means the backlash at the raising prices will be bigger. Since USH in particular has a much smaller fanbase, there's lower backlash. That doesn't mean it's not there.

I counted multiple people in this very thread who disapproved of USH's price increase.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The USH stuff is getting to the point of trolling now... because clearly people haven't any idea how they differ.

And if you want to hear people being upset over Uni's actions.. maybe you should try a UNIVERSAL fan forum... not a WDW dominated one before you start standing on a platform of 'where is all the hate??' in a sea of people who largely don't CARE what UNI does.

Each day I click on this thread hoping there would be something of interest.. but its the same two posters just churning away hoping someone takes the bait. Can we please get back to talking about Disneyland?

ran6110

I have to admit that does sound good! If only they would build a Disneyland Oregon! Of course, they would need to build a roof over the place since it tends to rain here 9 months out if the year. Wouldn't bother me since I love rain, but I've noticed most people seem to hate it.

We do this all of the time, generally once or twice a week we'll go for a morning visit and to have lunch then we leave before the real crowd show up.

And it is a different mindset! You get where you enjoy certain portions of the park for a while and after a few visits you shift to a different part. Also waiting with baited breath for rope drop isn't a big deal. In fact at DCA we generally go around to the far side of Bugs land and enter there. They don't let you through any sooner but you don't have to fight the crowd..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom