Rum Runners!!!!

DisneyDebNJ

Amaretto liqueur. Love it..My DW went out with two other girls at Christmas to a cocktail bar and after several drinks,they got talking about nick names they gave to their husbands.One called her man Whisky,because it made him frisky.Another called her man Brandy,because it made him Ran ( rhymes with brandy ) My wife then said she calls me Drambuie. One of the other two girls then said " Ain't that some kinda fancy liqueur "? She replied " Yep,that's my man.":rolleyes:
Your bride sounds awesome!

Disneyhead'71

At the gay clubs there is a version of Pina Colada that is quite popular. It is made with Capt. Morgan's Spiced Rum, but I just think the boys like ordering a ***** Colossus.

PhilharMagician

Amaretto liqueur. Love it..My DW went out with two other girls at Christmas to a cocktail bar and after several drinks,they got talking about nick names they gave to their husbands.One called her man Whisky,because it made him frisky.Another called her man Brandy,because it made him Ran ( rhymes with brandy ) My wife then said she calls me Drambuie. One of the other two girls then said " Ain't that some kinda fancy liqueur "? She replied " Yep,that's my man.":rolleyes:

Are implying something? :eek:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
BIG FAN!!! On the rocks...

So in coffee too? HMMM, big coffee fan too. SO how much Amaretto in the coffee?

Also like "Orange-Whip" - from Blues Brothers - and the DCL's own "Bonvoyage" aka - Miami Vice.

Can't pass up a Hurricane or 2 at the Fulton Crab House. Had many of those on a rainy afternoon while visiting DTD. ;)

Thrown in a nice cigar...and YEE-HAW!As much as you can and still walk!

Great thread!

Phonedave

Rum drink? That would be rum - good aged rum .... in a glass. No ice, no fruity mixers, no spice or flavors.

However, I do at times enjoy Rum Runners as well. We spent a week at a Sandals in St Lucia and they had all sorts of drinks on the bar menus. I ordered something, I forget the name, and it was good. I went back for another, and received a totally different drink. I really think that if you ordered a "non-standard" drink there, the bartenders made it up as they went along. I order the same drink all week, and never got the same one twice. Somtimes it was fruity, other times cream based, a few times it even had a banana blended up in it.

-dave

taz0162

Lapu Lapu served in hollowed out pineapples at Ohana - One Part Myers’s Rum, One Part Bacardi 151, One Part Orange Juice, One Part Sweet-and-Sour Mix. (had to look up the recipe mix) It was great had one with Christmas Day Dinner in Dec.

disneycouple07

DH drink of choice is a rum runner...He ordered a couple on our disneymoon at the GF, said they were the best he's had!

I love the Lapu Lapu & Backscratcher from Poly!

GMRO

I think @figmentfan423 said she uses the Amaretto in her coffee but I'd sure give that one a try myself! Give the ole bottle of Bailey's the day off...LOL!

So I gave it try last night...favorite Starbucks blend in my Keurig with the My K-Cup...with a table spoon of Amaretto/Dissarono. Not bad. I don't use cream...drink it black. Standard cup of coffee size in one of my favorite WDW mugs of course.

Next time I may add a little more Amaretto to the cup. When the coffee was HOT I could not really taste the Amaretto. But once it cooled down a little the smell and taste came alive.

Was not bad! I'll have to try more this weekend and tweak the mix. ;)

THANKS for the tip!!!

GMRO

So I gave it try last night...favorite Starbucks blend in my Keurig with the My K-Cup...with a table spoon of Amaretto/Dissarono. Not bad. I don't use cream...drink it black. Standard cup of coffee size in one of my favorite WDW mugs of course.

Next time I may add a little more Amaretto to the cup. When the coffee was HOT I could not really taste the Amaretto. But once it cooled down a little the smell and taste came alive.

Was not bad! I'll have to try more this weekend and tweak the mix. ;)

THANKS for the tip!!!

Should have said another favorite of mine and my wifes is apple cider...in a crockpot...with some "fire-water" mixed in. Not sure on that mixture as the wife makes it up via taste. But WOW, nice and warm via the crockpot and the little kick the fire-water adds makes it a nice winter/evening drink.

Phonedave

Should have said another favorite of mine and my wifes is apple cider...in a crockpot...with some "fire-water" mixed in. Not sure on that mixture as the wife makes it up via taste. But WOW, nice and warm via the crockpot and the little kick the fire-water adds makes it a nice winter/evening drink.

Kind of like gluhwein, but with apple cider instead of wine. Ah gluhwein thats some good stuff on a cold night (or day)

-dave

GMRO

I forgot to list in my earlier post that I also love a Lapu Lapu!

Wife had one of these during our anniversary dinner at Ohana this past May2012. Tell the truth...it was just ok. Yes it had good taste but VERY MESSY. About 1/2 way thru the drink the pineapple starts to wick out all the booze. And it becomes very sticky. Almost like they need a liner inside the pineapple itself.

I guess unless you throw it back fast. She took about 25 mins to finish her drink.

Just' say'n...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom