Rude CM's

DivineMadness7

I've encountered some "not-so-magical" CMs during my trips, but never would classify any of them as "rude." Certainly not enough to remember names and "shame" them on the internet. Sorry, I just don't see how this sort of thing is productive :shrug:

earningmyfins

I've had some pretty mean CM's before. It's nothing I dwell on or let it ruin my disney expirence. That CM is most likely having a bad day and besides would Disney hire a rude person at the Most Happiest Place on Earth. I don't think so.

DizneyPryncess

I've never encountered any downright rude CM's before. I've had some that weren't overly "magical" and just were doing their jobs normally, and I wished they'd be more cheerful. Can't always be that way though. I could write books on a few that have been over-the-top wonderful.

Scooter

I'm not crazy about threads like this because it's hard to define what rude behavior is in a Disney senerio.

Do you concider a castmember "rude" because he insists that you go to the back of the line because you cut it front of others?

Is a castmember "rude" when they insist that you can't take your food and drinks on The Tomorrowland Transit Authority knowing full well that it's posted right in front of you before you get on the ride?

Are castmembers being "rude" when they tell you your son/daughter is an inch too short to go on a ride and you've waited an hour in line?

I have never, in my 20 something trips to WDW, ever came acrossed any castmembers who I considered to be behaving rudely.

I have, however seen people get angry at castmembers who were simply doing their jobs and/or enforcing Disney park rules. I would imagine these guests DO consider the behavior of these castmembers to be rude, but I don't.

I'm not suggesting that has never been a castmember who acted rude.
I've just never seen any, and I imagine if they do excist, they aren't around for long.

agent86

I'm not crazy about threads like this because it's hard to define what rude behavior is in a Disney senerio.

Do you concider a castmember "rude" because he insists that you go to the back of the line because you cut it front of others?

Is a castmember "rude" when they insist that you can't take your food and drinks on The Tomorrowland Transit Authority knowing full well that it's posted right in front of you before you get on the ride?

Are castmembers being "rude" when they tell you your son/daughter is an inch too short to go on a ride and you've waited an hour in line?

I have never, in my 20 something trips to WDW, ever came acrossed any castmembers who I considered to be behaving rudely.

I have, however seen people get angry at castmembers who were simply doing their jobs and/or enforcing Disney park rules. I would imagine these guests DO consider the behavior of these castmembers to be rude, but I don't.

I'm not suggesting that has never been a castmember who acted rude.
I've just never seen any, and I imagine if they do excist, they aren't around for long.

I would say that if you have visited WDW 20 times and have never once encountered a cast member who you "considered to be" behaving rudely, then you have either overlooked them (perhaps by choice, perhaps not), or your standards for what you consider rude behavior are unusually tolerant (and perhaps your tolerance level for Disney CMs is higher than that from employees at other places). This is especially true if any of your 20 visits to WDW have been in recent years, as I (and many others) have observed that the quality of guest service is continually diminishing at WDW.

Personally, I've encountered a number of CMs over the years (way more so in recent years) that have been completely and unacceptably rude. And I'm not referring to scenarios that have been anything like the ones you describe here. I'm not talking about situations where a CM is "simply enforcing the rules" or acting in a certain way simply because a guest's safety is the higher priority. I'm talking about situations where a CM was rude for no apparent reason. Things such as the following:

- Giving guests intentionally incorrect information simply because the guest asked a question that the CM deemed "stupid" (in some cases, I've seen those CMs come and post on this website as though they are proud of what they did).
- Snapping at guests for no reason.
- Standing and chatting with their friends/co-workers while guests waited patiently for service.
- Treating guests like some sort of criminals who were trying to "get away with something" simply because they misunderstood what the Fast Pass line was.
- Audibly sighing when a guest makes a reasonable and normal request (a request...not a demand) for something such as a certain seat on a ride.

There are many more examples I've witnessed that have been similar to these. At a non-Disney location, perhaps we wouldn't think twice about behaviors like this. But Disney is supposed to be the place where guest service is a top priority, and many guests visit with that expectation. Being treated with common decency and consideration is not the same as being a demanding or difficult guest. And it is certainly not expecting too much.

JimboJones123

I hate the guys at the barber shop. I go in there for a haircut and they throw all this crap in my hair and hold out their hand. Like I'm going to pay to look like the side of a bridge? Jerks!

Scooter

I would say that if you have visited WDW 20 times and have never once encountered a cast member who you "considered to be" behaving rudely, then you have either overlooked them (perhaps by choice, perhaps not), or your standards for what you consider rude behavior are unusually tolerant (and perhaps your tolerance level for Disney CMs is higher than that from employees at other places). This is especially true if any of your 20 visits to WDW have been in recent years, as I (and many others) have observed that the quality of guest service is continually diminishing at WDW.

Personally, I've encountered a number of CMs over the years (way more so in recent years) that have been completely and unacceptably rude. And I'm not referring to scenarios that have been anything like the ones you describe here. I'm not talking about situations where a CM is "simply enforcing the rules" or acting in a certain way simply because a guest's safety is the higher priority. I'm talking about situations where a CM was rude for no apparent reason. Things such as the following:

- Giving guests intentionally incorrect information simply because the guest asked a question that the CM deemed "stupid" (in some cases, I've seen those CMs come and post on this website as though they are proud of what they did).
- Snapping at guests for no reason.
- Standing and chatting with their friends/co-workers while guests waited patiently for service.
- Treating guests like some sort of criminals who were trying to "get away with something" simply because they misunderstood what the Fast Pass line was.
- Audibly sighing when a guest makes a reasonable and normal request (a request...not a demand) for something such as a certain seat on a ride.

There are many more examples I've witnessed that have been similar to these. At a non-Disney location, perhaps we wouldn't think twice about behaviors like this. But Disney is supposed to be the place where guest service is a top priority, and many guests visit with that expectation. Being treated with common decency and consideration is not the same as being a demanding or difficult guest. And it is certainly not expecting too much.

Again, and I mean no disrespect, I have NEVER encountered any of the behavior you have discribed in all of my 18 years of vacations in WDW.

DivineMadness7

I think context is often forgotten or even left out. I've seen guests be very rude to CMs waaay more often than vice versa. A lot of that comes from a sense of entitlement I've noticed from other guests in my past few trips. People tend to forget that CMs are people. While we may be on vacation, they are not.

It may not be what we "expect" of them, but everyone has bad days and can slip a little. Not saying it is necessarily right but it's realistic. Are you expected to be all smiles, all the time at your job? Not likely. Unless I see a CM screaming at someone, I'm likely to cut them a break. I'll be enjoying my vacation rather than picking apart their actions.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Ill be honest If on the odd occasion I encounter a rude CM I deal with it there and then, with the number of employees Disney has there must be a few purely on the law of averages, a board like this could lead to misrepresent the extent of the issue.

sublimesting

One time my wife and I got on the steam car on Main St. for a quiet ride down the street and the Barbershop Quartet jumped on with us and sang all the way down the street. Completely ruined the experience for us! What should have been a peaceful fun trip turned out to be an excercise in patience as my ears were destroyed by barbershop harmonies. We had to make the car turn around and do it again BY OURSELVES!!! When we were done we found that some idiot CM put Mickey stickers on our backs without us knowing as we drove down the street. So we looked like fools on top of all of that.

:lookaroun

abbeysmom

Personally I have never had a CM be rude to me or even seen one being other than "magical" to anyone. But then again, I don't see half the stuff that others have said on here..... I just enjoy my vacation and try to remove myself from reality...... :sohappy:

Kelsybelle

Ill jump in and say that I have never been treated rudely from a castmember on any my trips to WDW. I guess when visiting WDW your expectations are high but you still have to remember that castmembers are people too with highs and lows just like the rest of us!
Shaming anyone is just rediculous!!! If you were treated in an unmagical way on one of your visits then it should have been taken care of right then and there. :shrug:

maggiegrace1

We have a thread for CM appreciation.

How about a section for naming & shaming the rude ones?
What would be the point of doing this?:shrug:

Every where you go there are rude people..people have bad days and yes..some are just plain rude just because..but to name them and shame them is pretty rude itself if you ask me.:shrug:

I have seen more rude guests then rude Cast members while at WDW...and if you do encounter a rude CM..you can always report them to Guest services and let them deal with it there..no reason to do that on a online forum.

yankspy

I encountered an extremely rude CM in the Haunted Mansion. He told me to drag my wretched body to the dead center of the room. Who is he to call my body wretched? :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom