Roy Disney Resigns; Calls On Eisner To Step Aside

ImagineerFan04

I just posted this on the new and rumors board, but my article is from the new york times. This is so said:cry: :cry:. and i thought everything was going great.

darthdarrel

That says something when the Nephew of Walt Disney knows that Eisner needs to go, so for all you people that insist that Eisner is some sort of GOD, heed Roys warning, he is going to be the downfall of Disney if he doesn`t step aside.

imagineer boy

Originally posted by darthdarrel
That says something when the Nephew of Walt Disney knows that Eisner needs to go, so for all you people that insist that Eisner is some sort of GOD, heed Roys warning, he is going to be the downfall of Disney if he doesn`t step aside.

Yeah. I can't believe I used to be an Eisner fan before I knew how bad he was treating the Walt Disney Company. Oh well, I was young and foolish then.... :)

darthdarrel

Originally posted by imagineer boy
Yeah. I can't believe I used to be an Eisner fan before I knew how bad he was treating the Walt Disney Company. Oh well, I was young and foolish then.... :)
As I have always said, Eisner did some real good things in the beginning, but as of late he has lost walts vision and has let his greed dictate everything.

GoCamels

Text of Drudge Report story...

THe link above could change several times, since Matt uses that particular page for breaking stories...BTW, he probably will have more details on this on his radio show tonight (bcast nationwide, netcast links are on his site)...

ROY DISNEY RESIGNS; CALLS ON EISNER TO STEP ASIDE
Sun Nov 30 2003 16:32:17 ET

Walt Disney Co. Vice Chairman Roy E. Disney submitted his resignation from the company board on Sunday and called for Disney Chairman and CEO Michael Eisner to step down from his own positions, the WALL STREET JOURNAL is reporting.

Disney, nephew to the late Walt Disney, sent Eisner a three-page letter severely criticizing his leadership during the past seven years:

'It is my sincere belief that it is you who should be leaving and not me,... Accordingly, I once again call for your resignation or retirement.'

WSJ reporter Bruce Orwall writes that in his letter Disney said that Eisner deserved credit for a successful first decade after taking the helm at Disney in 1984. But he then detailed seven areas in which he said Mr. Eisner has failed the company in the past seven years.

The list of complaints included everything from the performance of the struggling ABC broadcast networks and Disney theme parks to Mr. Eisner's reputation for "micro-management of everyone around you."

The resignation comes in advance of a Disney board meeting this week. Mr. Disney's letter seems to indicate that the Disney board's nominating committee had decided to leave his name off the slate of directors to be elected for the coming year. Mr. Disney also indicated that he would also resign from his position as chairman of Disney feature animation.

A Disney spokeswoman initially declined to comment.

DEVELOPING HARD...

mkymaus

Account Suspended

WELL SAID!!!
well said!!!

Down with Eisner!!
Go Disney...Go Disney!!!!

There is a god....and he has heard our prayers.

Hoof OFF, Eisner!

FigmentJedi

Eisner must go. Only then balnce will be brought to the force.
He has pillaged the theme parks, taking down a Homage to the Imagination,a view into the future, and has made recent projects incredibly half-assed due to budget cuts. Roy resigned because he couldn't take it anymore. Eisner must fall!

darthdarrel

Eisner MUST step aside, I hope they get someone like Frank Wells, as I said in another thread, Everything fell apart after he was klled.

Merlin

Account Suspended
Eisner MUST step aside, I hope they get someone like Frank Wells, as I said in another thread, Everything fell apart after he was klled.

Agree ONE HUNDRED PERCENT!! I've always said the same thing. It makes me wonder about all the great things at Disney that Eisner always got credit for.

Woody13

ISn`t that a movie with LILBOW WOW?
I think that`s his name LOL!

Hey Peps I decided to come back cuz yall being showing
to much luv for LBW in my Guestbook!! We back in buisness yall!!!

niteobsrvr

Originally posted by Merlin
Agree ONE HUNDRED PERCENT!! I've always said the same thing. It makes me wonder about all the great things at Disney that Eisner always got credit for.

The unfortunate thing about the Disney company is that it is lacking in Creativity both in business management where they call it risk taking and entertainment where they call it "Magic".

Too many company's are managing by the numbers today and not by intuition. Its not suprising though because in the past decade and a half business has been on information overload. Business schools seem to say fear your instincts and trust the numbers.

When Eisner started with Disney he ran on instinct and saved the company from the corporate raiders. However, in the past several years, it has become a numbers game just like most other major corporations. Good management doesnt place as much emphasis on short term results as they do the acheivement of long term goals.

civileng68

Account Suspended
funny

Well well well.

It's funny that all this time I've posted nearly 50 posts about Eisner destroying Disney and I was trampled on for saying it. I said he has no vision of Walt's. He is all about cash and cash in his own pocket.

it's a sad day when a Disney family member steps aside at the company his own uncle built because of Eisner.

I have said this for so long now. Eisner is a creep.

TURKEY

Re: funny

Originally posted by civileng68
Well well well.

It's funny that all this time I've posted nearly 50 posts about Eisner destroying Disney and I was trampled on for saying it. I said he has no vision of Walt's. He is all about cash and cash in his own pocket.

it's a sad day when a Disney family member steps aside at the company his own uncle built because of Eisner.

I have said this for so long now. Eisner is a creep.

The only thing I say to people like you bashing Eisner is give him some credit for what he did in the beginning. He did some good things earlier in his reign. Only in the past 5-10 years has he really gone down in his job.

Bash him all you want, just give him the credit he deserves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom