Roundhouse in storybook circus

midwest_mice

Original Poster
So a really good photo from attractionsmagazine.com shows the roundhouse that is attached to the new Fantasyland Railroad Station. My question is: Is the Casey Jr Splash area going to be in the area of the turntable in front of the roundhouse or to the south more? I also notice in another picture, a set of tracks going towards the main railroad line of the WDW RR just past the station, this is very good theming as it looks like the engines from the railroad would park there in the roundhouse at night. Very good details.
train.jpg

barnstormer-1.jpg

Again, the links above are from attractionsmagazine.com

bdearl41

Two fantastic pictures, love that they are close up so you can actually tell whats going on. Any idea on if the Roundhouse will be indoor our outdoor?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Two fantastic pictures, love that they are close up so you can actually tell whats going on. Any idea on if the Roundhouse will be indoor our outdoor?

The Roundhouse is the building that is already there which I believe will contain restrooms. The water play area will be right in front of the roundhouse and will be outdoors.

I really like the detail of the track coming up to the turn table it really helps ties everything together.

Dan

flynnibus

Premium Member
I also notice in another picture, a set of tracks going towards the main railroad line of the WDW RR just past the station, this is very good theming as it looks like the engines from the railroad would park there in the roundhouse at night. Very good details.

Are you referring to just the brick structure in front of the train station? That isn't big enough to store anything.. it's not a real roundhouse. It's likely restrooms or other backstage storage.

maxairmike

Are you referring to just the brick structure in front of the train station? That isn't big enough to store anything.. it's not a real roundhouse. It's likely restrooms or other backstage storage.

They were saying that it's a very good detail with the added "tracks" to make it appear like they would pull the trains off to store them in the roundhouse. Not that they actually will do that.

FutureWorld1982

I'm sorry if this was already noticed, but I didn't know that the Barnstormer will actually have a FASTPASS lane too...

Also, all the artworks of the area we have seen show that we would enter from underneath the big poster. It looks like they changed that too.

The area will look really, really nice, though! I can't wait to go through it!

RSoxNo1

I can't really tell based on the photos we have so far, but I would think that if Barnstormer doesn't re-open with Fastpass it's not going to be retrofitted into it after the fact. Considering all the changes to the Fastpass system that are happening now, it would have been added during the construction process.

Scuttle

Those are some great shots. I really think Storybook Circus is looking good. I like how it's still the Barnstormer.

Donald96

Those are some great shots. I really think Storybook Circus is looking good. I like how it's still the Barnstormer.
It is really looking good! Oh and do you know what Barnstormer means? "Barnstorming was a popular form of entertainment in the 1920s in which stunt pilots would perform tricks with airplanes, either individually or in groups called a flying circus." So actually it's a very creative name, also the tourists will know what it is :D

PS LOVE your pictures!!!!!

Disneyboy17

I'm sorry if this was already noticed, but I didn't know that the Barnstormer will actually have a FASTPASS lane too...

Also, all the artoworks of the area we have seen show that we would enter from underneath the big poster. It looks like they changed that too.

The area will looke really, really nice, though! I can't wait to go through it!

There looks like there's a lot of more work ahead hold your horses :ROFLOL:

happykid25

There are a lot of construction guys in the first pic! I counted 59 (give or take a few).

And thanks for the pictures - the area is looking good. I was interested in how the front of the roundhouse was going to be laid out.

Ignohippo

Great pics! It looks to me like the water play area is being readied to be installed. Very exciting!

Too bad they can't at least get Big Top Souvenirs open with this first initial opening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom