ROTM in hollywood

DigitalDisney

I haven't ridden it myself, but I have read reviews about it.

It looks like that the only thing the two rides have in common is the name and the theme. Almost everything else is different. From what it sounds like, Hollywood's is shorter than Orlando's, but the show scenes and details are better in Hollywood than Orlando.

For example, Hollywood's version revolves around an upcoming eclipse, which will awaken the mummy. When you look up in the station, you can see the eclipse forming. Hollywood's has more of a plot than our version.

I think the first couple scenes of the ride are very similar, but things are very different after the scarab scene. I don't want to divulge too much info because a) I'm not 100% sure about it and b) I don't want to reveal any secrets.

DisneyFan 2000

I've seen a video of both so I'll review what I can... The holloywood version is more of a coaster with theming and the Orlando version is more of a dark ride with coaster elements. Both rides seem to be alot of fun.

The Hollywood version has much more coaster parts (alot more backwards) and it lacks the fake ending. The scarab scene is in the middle of the coaster portion unlike in Orlando where it's part of the dark ride scenes..

The Orlando storyline is much more complicated to follow. From what I understand the queue is much better than the Hollywood version.. I prefer the Orlando version *opinions based on videos* mainly because of the quality of the ride. (more scenes, less coaster).

mandib

I went on it about 4 days ago. I've been on the one in Orlando the week it opened also. The one in Orlando is a lot longer, and better theming. The roller coaster part in Hollywood is nice but compared to RnRc its nothing. I think Orlando is a LOT better. The inside queue in Hollywood is very short so don't be too decieved by the line if it's outside. If I had a choice I'd pick the Orlando version anyday!

dxwwf3

From the videos I've seen on Hollywood's ride, it seems that if it were about a minute longer it would be alot better than Orlando's. The ending in Hollywood is 100x better than the one in Orlando, IMO. I've ridden the one in Orlando and I thought it was good, but not great. I believe I would prefer the Hollywood version.

Brooke

I've read reviews and seen pictures/videos and I think the one here in Orlando seems a lot better to me personally.

dxwwf3

Brooke said:
I've read reviews and seen pictures/videos and I think the one here in Orlando seems a lot better to me personally.

I guess the thing that makes me like the Hollywood better (from videos) is that it has a longer coaster section and I like what they did with the ending. The Orlando ending sucks beyond belief and it reminds me of MIB's ending except without the cool spinning.

buxfan76

Ive just been to both the last couple of weeks. The Universal Hollywood Mummy queue loops around the back of the building underneath some tents and then into the elaborate queue inside. Wheras, Orlando takes you to the exit of the old King Kong and then into the large building. I personally like Hollywood's theming and story better because u go straight into the tomb instead of some movie studio that is cursed and you must get out of it.

Both rides are great in their own ways: Orlando needs longer backwards roller coaster parts and Hollywood needs more effects and a longer ride overall. combine them both and u got a great ride.

xfkirsten

I just got back from a day at USH, and I have to say I wasn't that impressed with The Mummy. I expected a lot more out of it. The effects were pretty shabby - nothing really new or impressive to me. As a huge fan of the Mummy movies, I really loved the indoor queue area. Some fun interactive stuff in there. The plot is told pretty well, and the coaster is a nice smooth ride. The only problem I have with the coaster part, though, is the unimaginative theming - it's just the same black-lit warrior over and over and ovr again, and that got pretty old. Overall, I'm just glad I only waited 10 minutes... a whole lot more than that, and I might have felt gypped.

-Kirsten

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom