rosie's trip

ok well i am going to post a story about my trip ... the ups and the downs ,the laughter and the tears... and the squished deer... Did I have a good time? I say yes,but that is just how i am.Were there problems? oh goodness yes.Will I go back again.In a heart beat.now on with our story...lets start at the begining

Once upon a time there lived a girl in a faraway land called Canada ... it was cold and she worked terribly hard all day at her job and then came home to her mother and wicked step father and 2 wicked foster brothers >
One day her fairy godmother gave her special gift -vacation days! so she saved up her money and invited her mother to go with her to wdw ...and her mom invited her wicked step father ...but oh well life gives you lemons...make lemonade...
then there were all sorts of things going wrong before the trip .
But finally the day arrived and she left for the long looong drive to DISNEY!!!....

we left 2:30 pm from toronto on THURSDAY may 15...got to buffalo...got lost ...for an hour... in the bad part of town ... 65 miles going around buffalo *shudders* got back on the road ... it rained ...it was foggy ... it cold and then hot.Mom decided to take *cough*a "short cut"
the words backwoods and hill folk come to mind ...lol (it wasn't that bad but it was a lonley road and all there was were boarded up run down shacks) but we saw a HUGE turtle crossing the road .

Finally we get to Disney at the all star music.. around 9:30 pm FRIDAY may 16 guess what ? they messed up reservations... joy ... i even have my printouts they mailed me but still everything was wrong... so we get sent to the all star movies and my mom has a room on one side of the mighty ducks building -room 3807 and i get room
3835 on the other side of the building ... joy.At that point i didn't care where they stuck us I was tired . My wicked step father was yelling and said he wished he could go back home. and used some not so nice language (no one else was around he was just tired and hot and taking it out on mom and me i guess )... I started crying and ran to my room
Got in ,had shower ,felt better,went to sleep.

Slept in (oh no!!!) I didn't got out untill 11 am SATURDAY may 17.and I went to MGM and looked at all the star wars stuff ...I was on my own that day .I took some pictures and bought some star wars stuff ... there was only a 15 min wait on rock and rollercoaster and no wait for tower of terror.Unfortunatly the great movie ride was closed .
After some window shopping I went back to the hotel for a swim and we went out for dinner to Boma at akl ... yum but i think those zebra domes have shrunk o_O the waiter brought us the wrong wine but we drank it anyways.We did some shopping at akl and looked around then it started storming and we went back to out hotel.

SUNDAY may 18.I tried to explain early entry to my family ...it didn't work .We went to animal kingdom and it was a little after 8:30 when we got there ... it was hot.It was a Beautiful day tho.Super Sunny .
we went to the safari ride and there was no wait at all.Some of the animals were not visible like the rhinos and ostriches and we only saw 1 elephant but it was the best showing of lions I have ever seen.The lioness was sleeping on a rock near the turn for the cars...and the male lion was pacing on the rock just behind her and even did a little growling (he seemed upset that we were so close to the lioness).
Then we went to kali rapids and only a 5 min wait.It was fun but waaaay to short .My mom got soaked by the big spray.We then went to see it's tough to be a bug and we only had about a 5 min wait untill the next show.I love that show :) especially the end before you get up to leave the theater .
Then we went on Dinosaur ... the wait was 20 minutes and there were two cast members watching a little black snake that was resting in the queue area outside the building beside the big dinosaur skull .I dunno what kind of snake it was .
I got my mom on the ride and helped her buckle up and just before we zoomed off I told her it "knocks the snot out of you"
she turned and looked at me with this horrified expression and then we were off... hehehe the picture at the end was great ...
Mom was exhausted so they went back to the hotel and wandered around a bit .I saw a lot of those pal mickeys in fact a i saw two cast members wandering around with pal mickeys listening to them.After that I went back to the hotel and explored a bit .I like the dalmations they look really cool. It is easier to get to my hotel room from all star music then to actually get out at all star movies.

***this is only part of the trip more to come later ....as it is quitting time at work ... I will post pictures soon too :) ****

tune in next time to hear about.... getting lost in florida or how i hate tolls... and getting elbowed in the head by a guest (wouldn't it be nice if people said excuse me or sorry once in a while) and then there is the mousekeeping that left mess in my room woo hoo!

:p

rosie.ca

Original Poster
but wait there is just a little more ... :)
SATURDAY may 24 I got up early and gave my luggage to my mom per them to pack into the car and headed off to Epcot one last time ... Space ship earth had a bit of a line so I went to see *for the first time* ellen's energy adventure.
well is is a long show/ride but it was cool... I liked the dinosaur topiaries outside .
There were butterflies all over because of all the flowers I guess.The weather was perfect and hot and I was a little depressed at having to leave at 12.
I bought a t shirt and a 75 years of mickey pen from mousegears.
There were also some musicians around playing drum like stuff... there was a big crowd ...they were good.
Then off to mexico... I looked around a bit and bought lunch .
it was good...it got a little messy but good.
Then one last stop at ice station cool then I went out to wait for my family to pick me up...while I waited I saw a turtle crossing the side walk to some bushes it was cute :)
I was also offered a beer by a Britishguy who was emptying
them so he could throw them away ,I guess he was told to get rid of them before going in.

My ride came shortly after that and off we went .The traffic was pretty slow and the temperature very hot wich made it very uncomfortable because the air conditioning in the car decided not to work for the entire trip ...so let me just tell you going for 11 days for a trip to florida in may without air conditioning is not a good idea.

Anyways after all the constructions and traffic jams we finally got out of florida ...we stopped at the georgia welcome center
and I got brochures.Then we drove to south carolina where we stopped for dinner and I bought a post card ...when we got back to the car I noticed a lot of these strange big bugs inside .
They just kept appearing in the car and I kept shooing them out the window ...and then an hour later there was a hornet or something in the car ... I got it out the window too.
It rained hard that night but we kept driving and in the morning we discovered a new roadside attraction ... bambi bits...
apparently there is a problem with deer crossing the roads. We saw 13 piles of what used to be deer ... then around 8 am we saw (and almost hit) a live one but we honked and it got off the road .

so the animals I have seen this trip are ...a snake,analigator,a bunny two turtles and a deer. (other than the animals you are supposed to see at the animal kingdom)

We got back to buffalo) by the way I love that sign on the interstate saying not to pick up hitchhikers (outside of the prison) :lookaroun but we were really freaked out trying to find the right road ... which *yes I am shocked* we did and then we crossed the bridge and (after paying a rather large toll)
we were back in canada yay... a few uneventful hours later I was home around 3:30 pm -wishing I was back at Disney

.... and they lived happily ever after.... the end ...
well sort of... :lookaroun
:kiss:

MsSnuzi

:D
What a GREAT journal - very interesting reading - you should consider writing as a source of income. Felt like I was right along with you, all the joys and sorrows. I miss Disney for you - hope you get back there soon.

rosie.ca

Original Poster
aw shucks thanks ...

:lol:

well I hope to go back soon... i really want to use my annual pass again... you know what was strange ?
I had an annual pass discount for the room for 59. dollars a night (for each room) but no one ever asked to look at my annual pass when i checked in .strange.

as for which of the all stars i like best ...I like the over all theming with the giant dalmations and everything at movies better than music but I did miss being closer (and the layout) to the main building I also like the guitar pool but the movies had fun pools too ... I guess all star movies seemed a bit more disney like :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom