Room Service Menus Changed

DISNEY FANTASY

Original Poster
Some food items like cheese now chargeable.

Photo credit DCL FB page.

image.jpeg

wogwog

Some food items like cheese now chargeable.

Photo credit DCL FB page.

View attachment 125311

Another example of DCL getting cheap. First the alcohol policy change, now this. Little by little DCL slides toward RC at higher prices.
With me it is principle and I dislike the trend. Two glasses of wine on a cruise is all I do and I have never ordered room service. I have sailed as many as 7 and 8 cruises the last several years. We live in Florida and get discounts of course. Before last year all but one would usually be DCL. 2015 was three DCL, one RC and three Celebrity. On the calendar so far in 2016 is one DCL and four Celebrity. DCL is not so much better to justify the price let alone to cut amenities. I will only give an exception for a cruiser with children. DCL still excels over all others for the kids.

For adults, they do not excel over other cruise lines and are slipping more every year.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
That is a bummer, that is something my husband and I enjoyed ordering (us being from Wisconsin and all....). Seriously though, it was a nice snack and fairly low carb too.

Nmoody1

I feel over the years the food has dumbed down, the service has slipped (only ever so slightly), and now an increase in up charge food items... its a shame.

I remember when you used to be able to get snacks in bar areas such as nachos - for free - all evening. Nuts/snacks would be presented immediately and on the top decks cast members would walk around offering fruit. Small things, but when you are paying some of the highest prices on the seven seas then these things should not be allowed to slip.

It's a shame! I understand that disney are a business and not a charity, but if they have managed to provide cheese plates free for 17 years, why change now.

It will be very interesting going forward what up charge options get introduced as the other ships go into dry dock... I'm pretty sure Vanellope's is just the beginning!

DISNEY FANTASY

Original Poster
Yes I think we will see more, maybe an increase in recommended tips next, other lines reduced the quality of there coffee to force you to buy more at there places like Cove Cafe.

Sans Souci

So, did they get rid of the "All Hands on Deck" cheese platter and are offering up this $38 cheese and fruit plate instead, or it just a new item?

DISNEY FANTASY

Original Poster

wdwstateofmind

I feel over the years the food has dumbed down, the service has slipped (only ever so slightly), and now an increase in up charge food items... its a shame.

I remember when you used to be able to get snacks in bar areas such as nachos - for free - all evening. Nuts/snacks would be presented immediately and on the top decks cast members would walk around offering fruit. Small things, but when you are paying some of the highest prices on the seven seas then these things should not be allowed to slip.

It's a shame! I understand that disney are a business and not a charity, but if they have managed to provide cheese plates free for 17 years, why change now.

It will be very interesting going forward what up charge options get introduced as the other ships go into dry dock... I'm pretty sure Vanellope's is just the beginning!
First thing I noticed on our last cruise in September was the nuts. The only time I got them without asking was from the head bartender at the pub who just appreciated my 'company' before it got busy on a few days. The bar buffet also wasn't as impressive and not refilled as quickly as previous times. IMHO, the minute you stop giving things to the drinkers, who spend more than most since a beer is 7 or 8 dollars, you can tell they are starting to nickel and dime everything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom