Room Request - Poly??

sjordan14

We're headed to the Poly for a 7 night stay. Attending a convention off-site for the first 4 days. Any suggestions for a room location to request? Which would be a good building to request that has nice, quiet rooms that are convenient to get in and out?

Thanks

You should give a little more information, particularly as to what category of room you have booked, garden view, lagoon view, etc. What are you looking for? Tikiman has an excellent website that shows each long house. I see quiteness is a priority, but please explain easy to get in and out it, in regard to going to transportation options, getting to the gch etc. If you are a little more specific I am sure you will get lots of answers. We have stayed in 3 longhouses niue, aeotoroa and samoa. We wanted to be close to the pool and gch and captain cooks so it fit our needs fine. Aeotoroa (I am probably spelling it wrong is o.k., its close to the gch and marina but it could get busy when people are going to the luau so I doubt you would like that. Alot of people like Tokealu. Rarotonga is o.k. Heard its going for rehab soon. Niue is small and now is smoking. So that is some info. Do you want to be by a quiet pool or just generally a secluded quiet longhouse? You will love the Poly whatever longhouse you choose.

Upvote 0

sjordan14

Original Poster
Re: Poly Location Request

Here are some more details.

We have a garden view room reserved.

We would prefer no smoking.

We will be driving our own car a lot to and from the Orlando Convention Center.

I'd like to be close to the gym (which I gather is at the Grand Floridian)

I'd prefer to not be over looking a parking lot.

I'd prefer a quiet location.

Upvote 0

diegorivera2

I'd request either Tokelau or Tahiti; both will offer you the items you mentioned. I'd recommed Tahiti as it's the closest longhouse to the TTC and an easy return from the parks via monorail. (Just make sure to exit at the TTC!)

Upvote 0

Marijil

We stayed at Tahiti and loved it

the only way youll be close to Gf gym is by monorail...
just so its clear........by staying in Tahiti you are actually closer to TTC then the main bldg so get the monorail and get off the monorail there...

3rd floor balconies have great mk views....also when u check in u will figure out how to park close to your bldg..it makes a diffrence

Upvote 0

maelstrom

I'm staying at the Poly in December (provided that we can't somehow get it switched to the Contemporary) and I think I'm going to request Samoa or Aotearoa. Lots of people have recommended Samoa. We booked a garden view room, so I'm a little nervous about what kind of a view we would get in Aotearoa.

My cousin stayed in Tahiti in August (it was the temp. concierge then, I don't know if it still is) and wasn't thrilled with it at all. She did a lot of complaining about the first room they got (which apparently smelled funky), the second room they were showed (I don't know what was wrong with that one), and then finally they got an upgrade to lagoon view for all their complaining. It makes me nervous about staying at the Poly. :(

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom