Rookie mistakes....

Mukta

I really didn't do too badly because I read the Unofficial Guide cover to cover 3 times before my first trip.

My huge mistake was on my third trip. I was staying at the BC for the first time, couldn't figure out how to get back from DHS to the hotel after the boats stopped running, took a super expensive cab with no meter who drove us the long way around.

Later found out we could have walked. So dumb.

Upvote 0

Diva120

I really didn't do too badly because I read the Unofficial Guide cover to cover 3 times before my first trip.

My huge mistake was on my third trip. I was staying at the BC for the first time, couldn't figure out how to get back from DHS to the hotel after the boats stopped running, took a super expensive cab with no meter who drove us the long way around.

Later found out we could have walked. So dumb.

OUCH!

Upvote 0

copcarguyp71

Not realizing that a three year old cannot go all day in the parks AND...when they hit the wall it is time to leave for the resort. No matter how far entrenched you are or what "big tuna" ride you just made your way to when that kid is in stimulus overload you gotta go. Once we surrendered to that fact the trip got a lot better but the first two or three days were rough. She is 12 now though and a consummate world traveller with us so the experience was well worth it!

Upvote 0

Tink28

Mine was not really a Disney mistake so much as I packed half a suitcase full of 'Fancy' clothes, guess I thought I would be changing outfits to go out for dinner each night, big mistake!!

These days just bring one nice outfit for a signature dinner when I want to change out of park clothes, besides it then leaves loads more room in my case for shopping!!

Upvote 0

sheriffwoody

I'd say going to the Christmas party without really knowing much about it. I was really disappointed. I admit is mostly my fault for not having the right expectations.

Upvote 0

amjt660

Premium Member
First trip with the DDs (age 5 and 6) in 2002 - arrived on Saturday of President's weekend and did not realize how busy it would be.
Rode Small World because everything else was busy then walked up to HM.
Remembered it as a fun ride (last trip was 11 years prior as adults) so we rode it.
HUGE MISTAKE - They cried for 20 mins after exiting and for 2 trips on Aladin carpets because as we all know they have 999 ghosts and room for 1 more!!!
All 4 of us still joke about it now when we go on back.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom