Rollercoaster Idea Poll

Where should I put this rollercoaster?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ScorpionX

Original Poster
I'm currently designed a Darkwing Duck rollercoaster for Walt Disney World, but wondering whether I should put in the Magic Kingdom or in the Studios. Above is a poll where you can vote for where you would like to see this ride. Be reminded that in my dream MK, I replaced Storybook Circus with Disneyland's Toontown. But at the Studios, it would go near Animation Courtyard.

comics101

agreed, darkwing duck is to old of a property to make a ride off of anyways, no one remembers it.

Sort of like Song of the South right? :rolleyes:

I vote MK. It's a perfect fit for Toontown if you ask me, and would give that park more thrill rides, especially in an area which will devote the majority of its attractions to kids.

goofy donald

Sort of like Song of the South right? :rolleyes:

I vote MK. It's a perfect fit for Toontown if you ask me, and would give that park more thrill rides, especially in an area which will devote the majority of its attractions to kids.

lol i hate that bogus argument everyone wants to bring up in every situation. song of the south was a fairly successful disney film (and in my opinion a classic) and was pared with a huge big budget flop of a film called splash (hence the name splash mountain) by Michael Eisner to promote the upcoming film release. Darkwing Duck was an animated tv show that ran for two seasons 20 years ago, how in the heck is there a correlation between these two properties? nobody will remember that guy who was spun off from ducktales when they barely remember ducktales lol

fyi toon town is longggg gone at the magic kingdom, just giving you a heads up :wave:

comics101

lol i hate that bogus argument everyone wants to bring up in every situation. song of the south was a fairly successful disney film (and in my opinion a classic) and was pared with a huge big budget flop of a film called splash (hence the name splash mountain) by Michael Eisner to promote the upcoming film release. Darkwing Duck was an animated tv show that ran for two seasons 20 years ago, how in the heck is there a correlation between these two properties? nobody will remember that guy who was spun off from ducktales when they barely remember ducktales lol

fyi toon town is longggg gone at the magic kingdom, just giving you a heads up :wave:

Song of the South was a fairly successful film 4 generations ago. It's been probably close to 30 years since the general public has ever even heard of Song of the South, probably closer to 40 since anyone's ever actually seen it (aside from a few Disney fans, including myself, who bought a bootleg copy from ebay :lol:). Heck, I'd bet the vast majority of guests who ride Splash Mountain would assume the characters are completely unique to Disney theme parks and didn't come from a movie at all...

I agree Song of the South and Darkwing Duck have little in common. That said, both were great ideas, both were executed rather well, and both have fallen into limbo, and that's why the argument is always made. Bc really, Splash Mountain (or Zip-A-Dee River Run if that's what you prefer :shrug:) is the perfect example of how a successful attraction doesn't need a movie/TV tie-in that everyone remembers or loved, rather, all attractions need are great characters, imagination, innovation, and a little love ever 5-10 years.

goofy donald

Song of the South was a fairly successful film 4 generations ago. It's been probably close to 30 years since the general public has ever even heard of Song of the South, probably closer to 40 since anyone's ever actually seen it (aside from a few Disney fans, including myself, who bought a bootleg copy from ebay :lol:). Heck, I'd bet the vast majority of guests who ride Splash Mountain would assume the characters are completely unique to Disney theme parks and didn't come from a movie at all...

I agree Song of the South and Darkwing Duck have little in common. That said, both were great ideas, both were executed rather well, and both have fallen into limbo, and that's why the argument is always made. Bc really, Splash Mountain (or Zip-A-Dee River Run if that's what you prefer :shrug:) is the perfect example of how a successful attraction doesn't need a movie/TV tie-in that everyone remembers or loved, rather, all attractions need are great characters, imagination, innovation, and a little love ever 5-10 years.

regardless it was successful and darkwing obviously was not. there was a connection made with the audience through its characters, just like the connection the characters make with people who ride the attraction. there is little to no draw for darkwing duck left nor was there really ever one in the first place or else he would have been on longer then 2 seasons. two cardinal sins to base an attraction on a property for are aged franchises and flops, this falls under both of those categories. it would be better to come up with an original idea then trying to find a spot this character would fit and shoehorning him in.

comics101

regardless it was successful and darkwing obviously was not. there was a connection made with the audience through its characters, just like the connection the characters make with people who ride the attraction. there is little to no draw for darkwing duck left nor was there really ever one in the first place or else he would have been on longer then 2 seasons. two cardinal sins to base an attraction on a property for are aged franchises and flops, this falls under both of those categories. it would be better to come up with an original idea then trying to find a spot this character would fit and shoehorning him in.

There were 3 seasons, 91 episodes in all, which isn't too bad for a Saturday morning cartoon...regardless, I think we're going to have to agree to disagree. I see no reason why an attraction based on Darkwing Duck couldn't be a huge hit.

goofy donald

There were 3 seasons, 91 episodes in all, which isn't too bad for a Saturday morning cartoon...regardless, I think we're going to have to agree to disagree. I see no reason why an attraction based on Darkwing Duck couldn't be a huge hit.

Technically its only two seasons as they ran the first season of abc and disney afternoon cartoons simultaneously, regardless. All I've got to say is there is a reason disney has never created a ride based on a tv show, game shows not included, (especially one this old) and there's also a reason why there is always a fast turnover of cartoon programs in the parks (including now kim possible who is on the way out). again in my opinion its much better to start again with a clean slate and a new imagineering concept you can form fit to the land of choice, not shoehorn a dead character with mild popularity and a long dead series into a land with a huge multi million dollar investment and no other work to restore the series done prior. it just makes zero sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom