Roller Coaster

disney2b

Original Poster
i'm making a working model of a roller coaster. about 6ft by 3ft and 4 to 5 ft high. just wondering if anyone has any ideas on theming. like what kind of theme and maybe what to use. remember to be creative but keep the ideas fairly cheap. maybe what kind of roller coaster too, like RnRc(think i even figured a launch), floorless, should it be looping or something like millennium force. any ideas would be helpful. i've been busy finding supplies to build it but havent come up with basic stuff.
i'll try to have a rough sketch of what the layout may look like. this really will look and work like a real roller coaster.

disney2b

Original Poster
here's what the track piece shall look like though it is upside down right now. i couldn't find the drawing i did for the track layout. but i'll keep looking, its still in my head though.

woofboy111

I've been thinking of making a model roller coaster for a long time now...I even started once and got as far as the lift hill out of 1/2 inch PVC pipe, and then realized that I have no idea of what to make the cars out of. Maybe you could help me out by telling what materials you're making the track and cars out of? It would really be appreciated. Thanks!:)

disney2b

Original Poster
well how big are you talking about making it. the wheels which are bearings(not cheap at all), they run on three inches on the center of the wheel. how does the pvc come into it. i use a acrlyic rod that is put in the oven then and heated and am able to shape it for a few seconds. you have to be quick. then add the track pieces then the track it self. i have not made the cars yet. but their on paper. i have worked with the track though and am still experimenting with it.

disney2b

Original Poster
i've even made tubes like the blue man group play. they sound really cool. only got most of an octive done though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom