Roller Coaster Tycoon

DisneyWorld30th

Original Poster
Does anyone here know why Hasbro stopped creating packs for Roller Coaster Tycoon? This was my favorite game and I know millions of more.

Why doesn't Chris Sawyer team up with another manfacuture and create new rides and games.

Tom Morrow

They didn't create anymore add on packs for RCT because its already reached its limit of what they can do with the original programming. Chris Sawyer said so himself. BUT! Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 is definately coming out! I'm not sure when, but it will be way better than the first one.

Tom Morrow

Originally posted by Disney4648
I dont play RCT anymore. The creator of the 3 versions is just making money and not doing anything. What a werido:drevil:

He IS doing something! hes making RCT 2! Didn't you read my post?

NowInc

Actually...he isnt working on RCT2...yet...he has another project comeing out first (transport tycoon 2...yay!)..and then he will work on RCT2..

But you are correct..no new packs for RCT since they reached the limits of WHAT the program can do.

BAM

Actually Your both wrong!!!

Chris Sawyer did not specify the new "projects" he was working on. One can only speculate that these "projects" are Transport Tycoon and Roller Coaster Tycoon. But then again who knows, they could be totally different and new projects. I can only hope that Roller Coaster Tycoon comes out really soon.

DisneyWorld30th

Original Poster
Press Release - Announced Today!!

ROLLERCOASTER TYCOON II FROM INFOGRAMES AND CHRIS SAWYER
April 25, 2002
Sequel To The 4-Million-Selling RollerCoaster Tycoon Comes To Waiting Fans In Fall Of 2002

BEVERLY, Mass. – April 25, 2002 –The game that started the computer “Tycoon” craze is getting a sequel this fall in RollerCoaster® Tycoon II from Infogrames, Inc. (NASDAQ: IFGM) and master game designer Chris Sawyer. Numerous improvements to the original game will be packed into this new game – with more types of roller coasters and rides being just the beginning.

“RollerCoaster Tycoon® has been one of the most popular games to be released in the last three years,” said Ann Marie Bland, director of brand marketing at Infogrames’ Beverly Studio. “The fans have been shouting for more RollerCoaster Tycoon and we’re glad to finally be able to give them what they’ve been demanding.”

New features in RollerCoaster Tycoon II will include a tuned ride creation system for more control while building roller coasters and scenery, new shops and stores to help raise player’s profits in their parks, new park themes to help gamers attract new customers to their theme parks and a scenario editor with which gamers can create their own park challenges.

The original RollerCoaster Tycoon was created by Chris Sawyer and was released in the spring of 1999. Since then RollerCoaster Tycoon has spent more weeks in the top-10-selling computer games chart than any other title during the period. Two expansion packs, Corkscrew Follies and Loopy Landscapes, were released to add features to the original game. Over 4 million copies of RollerCoaster Tycoon products have been sold to date in North America alone.

About Infogrames
New York-based Infogrames, Inc. (Nasdaq: IFGM) is one of the largest third-party publishers of interactive entertainment software in the U.S. The Company develops video games for all consoles (Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft), PCs, and Macintosh systems. Infogrames’ catalogue of more than 1,000 titles includes award-winning franchises such as Civilization, Backyard Sports, Deer Hunter, Driver, RollerCoaster Tycoon, Test Drive, and Unreal, and key licenses including Survivor, Warner Bros. Looney Tunes, Nickelodeon’s Blue’s Clues, Dragon Ball Z, Mission Impossible, Harley-Davidson, Major League Baseball, and the National Football League, among many others. The Company’s Humongous Entertainment and MacSoft labels are leaders in children’s and Macintosh entertainment software, respectively.

Infogrames, Inc. is a majority-owned subsidiary of France-based Infogrames Entertainment SA (IESA) (Euronext 5257), a global publisher and distributor of video games for all platforms. In 2001, IESA acquired Infogrames Interactive, Inc. (formerly Hasbro Interactive), including its line of software based on well-known licenses such as MONOPOLY, Jeopardy, TONKA, and Atari, which are published and distributed in the U.S. by Infogrames, Inc. For more information, visit the Company’s Web site at www.infogrames.com.

# # #

©2002 Infogrames Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.

radioandy

Thanks for the post...what great news! It's especially great news for me since my system just crashed and I had to wipe my C drive. I saved my parks but all custom music is gone! Maybe by the time RCT II is out, I'll have accumulated it all over again.

I wonder if the new version will allow for some of the features you need unofficial patches for now...like free-form park building, adding your own mp3's, etc.

Nightwing

Wouldn't it be cool if RCT2 had alot of cool "dark ride" options and aninamatronics!!!!!!!!!!! I also hope the 2nd thing Chris Sawyer is working on is a Disney theme game.:sohappy:

NowInc

Originally posted by Nightwing
Wouldn't it be cool if RCT2 had alot of cool "dark ride" options and aninamatronics!!!!!!!!!!! I also hope the 2nd thing Chris Sawyer is working on is a Disney theme game.:sohappy:

Chris Sawyer is an indipendant programmer licenced by Hasbro Ineractive (formally microprose)...unless he gets hired by Disney Imagineering or Disney Interactive, there is no way he would ...or could make a Disney game...sadly enough...

Disney is working on the Disney Theme park edition of "ultimate ride"..which of course is no RCT, but still seems a bit promising ;)

I still think his 2nd project is going to be Transport Tycoon 2...That game ROCKED (and you would have no RCT if it wasnt for TD)....we can only hope...hehe

E3 will be interesting...

BAM

:veryconfu What do you gold plus one new one???

Is this another expansion pack, or are u talking about RCT2. Could u please define "plus a new one".

Thanks

NowInc

Originally posted by BAM
:veryconfu What do you gold plus one new one???

Is this another expansion pack, or are u talking about RCT2. Could u please define "plus a new one".

Thanks

If its in a few months...he probobly means RCT2 and the other ones...but uh..i also dont believe he vadility of this..why?/

because they wouldnt sell corkscrew follies and loopy landscapes together..they dont need to..since corkscrew is included with LL ;)

brer big bear

Account Suspended
rct

rct came out with 3 games now they are adding a fourth game to the collection. there are more rides,shops, games, etc.. so in the gold pak you will get the 3 old games plus 1 new game:sohappy:

NowInc

Re: rct

Originally posted by brer big bear
rct came out with 3 games now they are adding a fourth game to the collection. there are more rides,shops, games, etc.. so in the gold pak you will get the 3 old games plus 1 new game:sohappy:

Sorry to say..I still dont believe the rumor...here is why::

As i stated above..they would NEVER sell Corkscrew follies and Loopy landscapes together..because you dont NEED to. Loopylandscapes INCLUDES corkscrew follies...so right there you only have *2* original games..not 3...

Also...Chris Sawyer has said MANY times that he has reached the limits of what you can add to RCT...in order to add more of ANYTHING it would require a complete re-write of the base code..thus why he is making RCT 2...

And finally..it would be a VERY bad marketing idea to release another addon for RCT1 when RCT2 is just around the corner (fall I believe)...

Unless you can provide me with a SOLID link that confirms your "rumor"..Im goint to insist its not true ;)

NowInc

There is absolutly no mention of it on Hasbro, Microprose, or the official Rollercoaster tycoon web page...nor have i found ANY info on it at any game related web page...

After searching for the last half hour..I am happy to say I think I am right...this rumor is a complete hoax.

Nightwing

Why would they come out with another pack to RCT1? Chris Sawyer already said they couldn't add anything else to it. As far as Chris helping Disney do a disney -type RCT game, i doubt it, but it would be cool!!!!!!:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom