Roller Coaster fanatics

MuRkErY

Original Poster
Seriously, Roller Coaster fanatics are starting to get on my nerves with there attitude towards Disney, i was looking on www.coasterforce.com earlier at there forums and i see posts like this.

"True, but still to an extent EPCOT aint gettin' coasters, and since 89' MGM has only gotten one, so times havent really changed much."

It's like all they care about is coasters, a Theme Park is not good if it does not have massive steel coasters ect...

I all ways see them criticizing Disney about not being thrilling ect...

Why dont they just go to Six Flags then, lol.

Plus it annoys me when i see them talk about theming, and they all start saying IoA is the best themed park around by a mile.

dandaman

I know how you feel... I'm half-coaster enthusiast, half-Disney enthusiast. (Of course, "half" is a relative term ;)) People always ask me, "Wouldn't you rather go to Cedar Point than Disney World all the time? I mean, it gets so BORING!"

"Have you ever even been to Disney World?"

"Well, no..."

"Shut up." :brick:

Most people don't even realize, thrill doesn't have to come from height, speed, or spinning extremes. Frankly, it annoys me, too.

MuRkErY

Original Poster
Yeah exactly.

I mean, i love roller coasters, but i dont think a Theme Park should be JUST about roller coasters and thats it, lol.

I saw them posting recently that EE does not really look thrilling, and even with $100 Million spent on it it wont be good it it's not fast ect...

Grantsdale

You have to realize that Disney rides, no matter which one, are not going to be the most thrilling in the world. A ride that Disney considers a thrill ride is usually not going to be considered a thrill ride by a member of ACE. The exceptions to this, in the US, are Cali Screamin', RnRC, and ToT, and M:S.

Rides like Splash, Space, BTMR, and soon to be EE while they are considered thrill rides by Disney standards, are not as thrilling as rides like Kingda Ka and the other big iron coasters that exist.

EE isn't going to be a knock your socks off thrill coaster. It is going to be good, but if you are in it only for the rush, then you aren't going to be completely satisfied. A Disney park isn't the place to go for your thrill ride fix.

I can't wait to ride EE. But I'm not expecting a great coaster. I'm expecting a great experience. There is a marked difference.

Sites like coasterforce are for enhusiasts of coasters, not theming. They have no problem getting on a big iron coaster just for the ride and the thrill, not worrying about the absence of a story. A lot of those members would be disappointed by EE, because it isn't as thrilling as many other coasters.

Connor002

Madison said:
...as if Disney-enthusiasts never have a bad thing to say about Six Flags. ;)

Different strokes for different folks.

But we're still better than they are! :D

:lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

LouDisney

MuRkErY said:
Yeah exactly.

I mean, i love roller coasters, but i dont think a Theme Park should be JUST about roller coasters and thats it, lol.

I saw them posting recently that EE does not really look thrilling, and even with $100 Million spent on it it wont be good it it's not fast ect...

I agree! I love them, but it does make a theme park.

Grantsdale

MuRkErY said:

Thats the thing though, Cedar Park, Six Flags, etc, are amusement parks, not theme parks.

MuRkErY

Original Poster
Thats the thing though, Cedar Park, Six Flags, etc, are amusement parks, not theme parks.

Yeah exactly.

For some reason though most Coaster Enthusiasts seem to compare them to Disney, and just class them all as "Theme Parks".

raven

Well I am a HUGE coaster fan but I don't care that Disney does not have as many as other parks. If I want to go on a coaster I go elsewhere. But WDW has so much to love other than coasters that I don't really care. I'm still going to WDW...coasters or not. :wave:

Grantsdale

MuRkErY said:
Yeah exactly.

For some reason though most Coaster Enthusiasts seem to compare them to Disney, and just class them all as "Theme Parks".

That is true. I would venture to say that its more about them not really caring that there is a difference. Most of the world thinks that "amusement park" and "theme park" and two terms for exactly the same thing, while the Disney fans know that they aren't.

mountainmaster1

dandaman said:
I know how you feel... I'm half-coaster enthusiast, half-Disney enthusiast. (Of course, "half" is a relative term ;)) People always ask me, "Wouldn't you rather go to Cedar Point than Disney World all the time? I mean, it gets so BORING!"

"Have you ever even been to Disney World?"

"Well, no..."

"Shut up." :brick:

Most people don't even realize, thrill doesn't have to come from height, speed, or spinning extremes. Frankly, it annoys me, too.

I know exactly what you mean. This same situation has happened to me many times, and never ceases to make me furious. I don't understand why some people just can't grasp the magic and wonderful feeling that being in Disney World gives me. All they care about is roller coasters. I live a half hour from SFGA. I've ridden Kingda Ka, and while it was great, it doesn't even come close to spending a day in any of the Disney parks. I can't believe that people actually get bored with WDW. To me, that's not possible. I guess somehow they just miis the magic, don't get the feelingthat Walt Disney intended to instill in his guests. I don't get why people don't understand that.:mad:

Dragonrider1227

You know, when you make a park that's JUST roller coasters, THAT'S when it gets boring. :rolleyes: Of course, it doesn't help that i'm not a really big coaster fan though.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Who invented the term `E Ticket`, now synonomous with the top rides?

Who opened the worlds first steel tubular coaster track?

Who designed the worlds first coaster on computer?

Who ran the worlds first fully computerised coaster control system?

Who had the worlds first inclined launch system?

Who had the world first synchronised audio onboard a coaster?

I`d take a PotC/HM (or even a Horizons/JII) E Ticket over a 90 second coaster anyday. Not that SM:M2 was bad, BTW!

wdwishes2005

actually i would say WDW does not have any thrill rides at all. i LOVE coasters and even though i would like some more at WDW, theming is everything. if they made an incredible coaster with no theming i would be immensly disappointed.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Personally I would rather travel 500 miles to WDW than go to Six flags over georgia 100 miles away. I was thrilled but not marveled at Six Flags. I am always marveled at WDW

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom