Rode Everest 8 Times Today It Was Awesome!!

Connor002

lpet11984 said:
Bottom line: What body appendage/soul will I have to sell to be a part of those possible soft openings? Is there anyone I need to contact/ask information??

Ummm... I've always wanted a spare kidney...:lookaroun

Tim G

Woody13 said:
My wife suffers from the exact same thing. :wave: She curls up on the floor for a day or two when it hits her. She is now taking 10MG of Loratadine every day and that does the trick for her. Have you tried the ear positioning exercises? We tried it and it didn't work for my wife.
Still doing the exercises, But they don't work for me either... got 3 times a day cyclicine 50mg... it works (it only helps a bit... most of the time)

Woody13

Corrus said:
Still doing the exercises, But they don't work for me either... got 3 times a day cyclicine 50mg... it works (it only helps a bit... most of the time)
My wife had suffered from this for many years and we tried most everything. The vertigo attacks just suddenly hit her, usually at night while in bed. She couldn't stay in bed. She had to lay down on the floor in a fetal position for a day or two until she felt a little better. Nothing worked for her.

Two different times, we had reservations at WDW and had to cancel because she was too sick to go due to the vertigo. I researched the subject and (after a lot of other methods failed) found that the antihistamine Loratadine might help her. At that time Loratadine was still a prescription medicine so we had to get a doctor to sign off on this treatment. My wife got instant relief! It worked for her.

Loratadine is now an OTC drug and you can find it anywhere. Give it a try, it might just help you. I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. :wave:

EdwardGracey

For anyone who rode it:
Just curious, but how is Everest in terms of a rollercoaster? Like, is it intense, fast, etc. Similiar Rock n' Rollercoaster? Thanks for any info.

PEACE

everestcrash

Original Poster
roller coaster intense

It was like California Scream'n at Disney's CAlifornia Adeventure or Big Thunder MT. The most intense part was going backwards up and down in the dark. But one of the best theme coasters!

d'Isigny

everestcrash said:
It was like California Scream'n at Disney's CAlifornia Adeventure or Big Thunder MT. The most intense part was going backwards up and down in the dark. But one of the best theme coasters!

Going backwards...it's not the same as dropping on ToT is it?

Eljay

lpet11984 said:
Alright, so I realize that I am being very optimistic in thinking that I may have a chance to ride while I'm down there, but hearing you say that soft openings as early as Feb. are a possibility gives me hope. :sohappy:

Bottom line: What body appendage/soul will I have to sell to be a part of those possible soft openings? Is there anyone I need to contact/ask information??

Buy yourself an AP and get there for the AP Preview the last weekend of January!:sohappy:

LouDisney

Woody13 said:
My wife had suffered from this for many years and we tried most everything. The vertigo attacks just suddenly hit her, usually at night while in bed. She couldn't stay in bed. She had to lay down on the floor in a fetal position for a day or two until she felt a little better. Nothing worked for her.

Two different times, we had reservations at WDW and had to cancel because she was too sick to go due to the vertigo. I researched the subject and (after a lot of other methods failed) found that the antihistamine Loratadine might help her. At that time Loratadine was still a prescription medicine so we had to get a doctor to sign off on this treatment. My wife got instant relief! It worked for her.

Loratadine is now an OTC drug and you can find it anywhere. Give it a try, it might just help you. I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. :wave:

My mom has vertigo, but it just comes out of no where. She may not have it for months, then it hits her. She has medicine to take when it is acting up.

On to Everest. Love reading everyone's reviews of it. My next trip is at the end of April and I am so excited about riding it, can't wait :D

Woody13

LouDisney said:
My mom has vertigo, but it just comes out of no where. She may not have it for months, then it hits her. She has medicine to take when it is acting up.
Yes my wife once suffered the same. Many months would go by without any problems and then, wham, it would hit her hard.

These vertigo attacks are totally debilitating. Waiting for them to hit and then taking a drug to relieve the symptoms is a tough route to go. It's better to get down to the root cause and prevent the vertigo attacks, if you can. My wife and I were lucky in that we found something that worked for her. Frankly, based upon my experience, most doctors don't have a clue how to treat this disease. :wave:

Tim G

Woody13 said:

I'll certainly will give it a try... Thanks...:kiss:

Debbie

Woody13 said:
Yes my wife once suffered the same. Many months would go by without any problems and then, wham, it would hit her hard.

These vertigo attacks are totally debilitating. Waiting for them to hit and then taking a drug to relieve the symptoms is a tough route to go. It's better to get down to the root cause and prevent the vertigo attacks, if you can. My wife and I were lucky in that we found something that worked for her. Frankly, based upon my experience, most doctors don't have a clue how to treat this disease. :wave:

I'm going to have to remember Loratadine. My mother suffers from vertigo and it seems no doctor really understands it. I have bouts of it; but not to the point that my mother has (i.e. a trip to the ER.) I have medication to deal with the dizziness but I haven't had to take it for several months. And when I tell my husband that I don't think I should drive; he knows to just leave me alone and let it run it's course.
I'm worried about trying Everest. I think I'll get very dizzy from going backwards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom