Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Refurb in October?

JohnD

Sigh.... its always up everytime i visit and im headed down there Oct 29th-Nov 6th, guess ill be missing this ride for a while at least.. at least tower of terror will be up and running.

Same with me. I'm there about the same time.

rael ramone

Recently got back from the swamps.

DHS in it's current format wasn't a opening to closing park. Ran out of things that I like to do. And that's with RNRC up and running. (I had an incentive to 'stick it out' since I had already decided I didn't want to hop to another park and deal with another wave of 'additional security theater' and didn't have a dinner ADR, but instead went back early and ate resort quick serve).

On the flip side, both BTRR & IASW (perhaps my favorite two MK attractions) were both down. There was enough left to do. And when I go next, I know MK will have enough to do even if other attractions are closed, and I look forward to riding those again (hopefully the refurbs didn't cheapen the attractions, or IASW isn't desecrated with IP). (Note to TDO - combination of sufficient desired attractions and regular maintenance encourages return trips. Having an incomplete park combined with a more unpleasant park hopping experience you risk guests deciding to skip that park altogether).

Bolt

Recently got back from the swamps.

DHS in it's current format wasn't a opening to closing park. Ran out of things that I like to do. And that's with RNRC up and running. (I had an incentive to 'stick it out' since I had already decided I didn't want to hop to another park and deal with another wave of 'additional security theater' and didn't have a dinner ADR, but instead went back early and ate resort quick serve).

On the flip side, both BTRR & IASW (perhaps my favorite two MK attractions) were both down. There was enough left to do. And when I go next, I know MK will have enough to do even if other attractions are closed, and I look forward to riding those again (hopefully the refurbs didn't cheapen the attractions, or IASW isn't desecrated with IP). (Note to TDO - combination of sufficient desired attractions and regular maintenance encourages return trips. Having an incomplete park combined with a more unpleasant park hopping experience you risk guests deciding to skip that park altogether).
Sounds more like a trip report.

rael ramone

Sounds more like a trip report.

It's VERY important to the overall discussion of the effect of refurbing E ticket attractions like RNRC in parks like DHS that a number of people believe lack sufficient attraction capacity combined with it's price point and the increased hassle of park hopping. Besides, I made no mention of how disappointed I was in Epcots new offerings or how good the food was at Artist Point. :)

Bacon

I've reached the end with this company. They are citing safety, but if it truly is a safety concern, they would not be running it another almost 60 days before closing it for the safety refurb. And if it is a routine safety maintenance, then why do they not have it posted as scheduled long before now. Worst customer service ever.
You can't say "I've reached the end with this company" you should never plan a trip around one ride as it could be down plus it can't be like a 50 year notice i think your another @KATIEBUG101 i think theme parks arn't your cup of tea no matter who owns it

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, Nov 6. According to the schedule, the refurbishment should be completed this mid-week. Here is how they closed the attraction: just closed the gate. There are signs posted at Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard alerting guests, so they won't walk all the way to the end of the street and be disappointed.

IMG_8606.JPG

jt04

Photo update as of Sunday, Nov 6. According to the schedule, the refurbishment should be completed this mid-week. Here is how they closed the attraction: just closed the gate. There are signs posted at Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard alerting guests, so they won't walk at the way to the end of the street and be disappointed.

View attachment 173645

I guess Disney does not want guests to walk this way.

21stamps

Photo update as of Sunday, Nov 6. According to the schedule, the refurbishment should be completed this mid-week. Here is how they closed the attraction: just closed the gate. There are signs posted at Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard alerting guests, so they won't walk all the way to the end of the street and be disappointed.

View attachment 173645
Do you know when it reopens? I have a FP for 11/28..so I'm assuming it's on schedule right now?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom