Rock Hunting! (Where's my brick?)

stratman50th

Original Poster
Does anyone else have a paver brick? These are the personalized bricks they used to pave the walkways leading to the Magic Kingdom entrance. Every trip we have to go "rock hunting" and find our bricks. It's a "thing" for us. Even knowing where they are it takes us a while to run it down. Anybody else have one? Or two or three......

Legendary

Our brick is down the pathway towards the Grand. We have only visited it a handful of times. I think guest services will look it up to see where it is roughly located. BTW they are removing the bricks. They have started removing some that are in front of Magic Kingdom. Hope you get to see it 1 last time.

stratman50th

Original Poster
What are they doing with them? That really sucks! Great business model, get fans to pave your sidewalks for you. Ours is down by the water past the far right boat dock. I think it's the smoking section. I'd sure like it back if they're really removing them.

JIMINYCR

You must have missed the many discussions about the paver bricks being torn up for a renewed look. Many of the bricks were damaged or unreadable or had been misaligned to create a walking hazard. Because you had long ago purchased a paver brick, Disney is offering a replica brick that you can purchase at a discount at Shop Disney site. They are also offering paver bricks to people who has missed out on buying them before. There are several designs to choose from. They are not mailing back the ones they remove.

stratman50th

Original Poster
You must have missed the many discussions about the paver bricks being torn up for a renewed look. Many of the bricks were damaged or unreadable or had been misaligned to create a walking hazard. Because you had long ago purchased a paver brick, Disney is offering a replica brick that you can purchase at a discount at Shop Disney site. They are also offering paver bricks to people who has missed out on buying them before. There are several designs to choose from. They are not mailing back the ones they remove.
Correct, I missed the previous conversations. they don't have to mail it to me, I can go pick it up, I only live 30 minutes away.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Pile of paver bricks in front of MK from Wednesday.

11019201-EF77-4E73-8EFC-A4F0D969B57F.jpeg

nickys

Premium Member
What are they doing with them? That really sucks! Great business model, get fans to pave your sidewalks for you. Ours is down by the water past the far right boat dock. I think it's the smoking section. I'd sure like it back if they're really removing them.

According to this article, you had until yesterday to contact Disney.

I would try calling or emailing now and tell them you only just heard about it. Good luck!

Email: guest.services@disneyworld.com

Phone: 407-828-2701

You need to give the name and the home town of the person who sponsored the brick.

bUU

I'm not sure what the photo is showing, but the actual bricks are being removed. Disney committed to having them in place for a certain number of years and it's past that point in time.

stratman50th

Original Poster
If I was you guys I would have or would be going to remove my brick. Just saying.

Wait a minute I just looked over the pic of the bricks be removed. Those aren't actual bricks are they? They look like stamped concrete?
They are brick material but look like a tile. Never seen one not in the ground so I'm not sure how deep they are.

thomas998

They are brick material but look like a tile. Never seen one not in the ground so I'm not sure how deep they are.
It would make sense for them to create large panels of fake bricks. I've been to places where they have real brick sidewalks and while they look nice when they first install them it is only a short time before they start shifting and the flat surface you once had becomes a minefield of bricks just out of place enough for people to trip on.

stratman50th

Original Poster
Well, I have been enlightened. I guess it's time to wave goodbye to our bricks. It was a thing to go find them every trip. My parents had one too and they're gone now. Would have been nice to have them for sentimental reasons. We have pictures so they will have to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom