RnRC having some issues..

Animaniac93-98

Simple billion dollar solution...

We're in this mess because corporate doesn't want to spend money on expanding attraction capacity, and hasn't for years.

Without RnRC, DHS is down to 8 rides operating. Many of which have height requirements or aggravate certain health conditions. Beyond the added operational stress for the remaining open rides, the park still doesn't have enough rides to appeal to all age groups equally.

AK is in a similar boat with EE's extended (if much needed) refurb. 7 rides left open including the Wildlife Express Train and Triceratops Spin. Once again, many of the rides that are open have conditions that may limit certain guests, or simply may not appeal to everyone.

It's clear from park expansions at HKDL and WDSP that Disney knows they've run out of excuses for not building things. They know they've hit a wall with capacity, made worse by the push for line-skipping programs and have reluctantly started to build again.

But we're still playing catch up from so many years of not building things and sometimes, like with TRON, a new build just ends up replacing something else that was closed with no replacement (Stitch). With Disney's inflated development costs and prolonged construction timelines I can't fathom how much time and money it would really take to properly address this problem.

lazyboy97o

With Disney's inflated development costs and prolonged construction timelines I can't fathom how much time and money it would really take to properly address this problem.
Which is so aggravating because they are spending more than enough to do something, but it’s spent so poorly that at best they tread water. Disney’s Hollywood Studios has received well over $1 billion in projects in the past few years and it didn’t change anything. Even if Galaxy’s Edge had been the huge hit Disney anticipated they would have run into the problem that the park can’t hold enough people to see the return on that investment.

Goofnut1980

Disney needs to put some of that Genie+ money they are earning into fixing the issues at the parks. We arent going back for at least a year.. We typically go 3-4 times each year. But the trip about 4 weeks ago was not fun at all.

Goofnut1980

The night of the 28th RnRC was down and ToT was having issues too, sounds like electrical issues, RnRC needs a lot of love, this is just years of deferred heavy maintenance catching up with them

I agree.. When was the last time Soarin' was taken down for actual maintenance.

trainplane3

Disney needs to put some of that Genie+ money they are earning into fixing the issues at the parks. We arent going back for at least a year.. We typically go 3-4 times each year. But the trip about 4 weeks ago was not fun at all.
You're expecting Genie+ to be making enough money in the first place to even cover itself. Judging by public reaction, it's probably not.

Goofnut1980

You're expecting Genie+ to be making enough money in the first place to even cover itself. Judging by public reaction, it's probably not.
I don't know. When we were there.. Genie+ had to be selling like hot cakes because you couldn't get decent return times. We were there at the beginning of December. Not to mention the attractions that have the extra upcharge. There can't be much overhead behind a simple rebranding of FF+ and using the tech that already existed for DL's MP+. Just seems they are getting extra money for not having to do much. Plus they are not paying out for Mears with Magical Express

gorillaball

I agree.. When was the last time Soarin' was taken down for actual maintenance.
I'm not sure if this was sarcasm... but why would Soarin' ever need to be taken down? You have 3 theaters, you need maintenance you take down one at a time while the ride still remains 2/3 operational or operational at pre 2016 capacity.

SingleRider

I'm not sure if this was sarcasm... but why would Soarin' ever need to be taken down? You have 3 theaters, you need maintenance you take down one at a time while the ride still remains 2/3 operational or operational at pre 2016 capacity.
They do this at Tower - one side can be shut down for maintenance while the other runs, leading to epic wait times.

Fox&Hound

Not Wakanda but that already is a long-term plan.

DHS is an awesome park in need of additional rides. But, as is often said, maybe not everything needs to be a massive, billion-dollar E-ticket. DHS has the E-tickets (RnRC, Tower, Rise, Mickey, Smugglers(?). What it needs is more C/D rides to add to the park. I have always been in favor of a route that connects RnRC to Launch Bay. No doubt DIS is eyeing that as the next expansion pad. Maybe the area around echo lake too? Wonder if they would ever build Star Wars rides themed to the original trilogy like what was proposed around Echo lake? Imagine DHS with 6-8 smaller rides added (maybe some water rides, a spinner, or dark ride) to round out the day.

jpinkc

What ever happened on the Pod Racers attraction they talked about for DHS did it not make it off the planning stage. Hell set us up a Landspeeder race if they didnt like the pod racer thing.

Brian

Given that everyone and their mother has COVID right now, and that HR is running about five days behind on processing COVID inquiries (meaning CMs are being kept out of work when some don't medically have to be), coupled with the fact that the attractions line of business has highly specialized training that doesn't lend itself to reshuffling of labor resources like the others, I'd say that the likelihood of this being a staffing issue is very high.

Trauma

Original Poster
Very odd that the same thing happened last year.
They must have “staffing issues” around this time every year.

It was scary to see what an issue this made at guest services one night.

People had been waiting in line for 90 minutes to ride and then it broke down.

They where given a replacement voucher for anything other than Rise and I think Mickeys or Slinky, I forget which one.

The pass expired at the end of the day.

Problem was park closed in 10 minutes.

Well it seemed basically the whole line stormed out of coaster and straight to guest services.

I didn’t want to stick around to watch all the theatrics, but from the look of it Disney has really stopped caring about recovery.

They basically told people in a nice way “To bad”.

JoeCamel

They where given a replacement voucher for anything other than Rise and I think Mickeys or Slinky, I forget which one.

Well it seemed basically the whole line stormed out of coaster and straight to guest services.

I didn’t want to stick around to watch all the theatrics, but from the look of it Disney has really stopped caring about recovery.

Covered in the fine print but......

Lilofan

Similar to approx 8K guests sitting in the huge bleacher stadium of DHS Fantasmic then a few minutes to performance time, the show is cancelled for weather ( lightning ). , good times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom