RnRc Contract End?

hemloc

How much of a tightwad would one have to be to ask for your money back? I have seen quite a few bad movies and films before and just sucked it up and left. It would be different if you walked out within the first few minutes of the film but if you stayed the whole time, then you got the "full benefits" (if you wanna call it that on a bad film) of what you paid for, like it or not. It's like going to McDonald's, ordering a Crispy Chicken meal, eating it ALL and then going to the manager saying, "I didn't like this, it was cold, and I want my money back."

I didn't walk out because I fell asleep:snore:...

Seriously, though... When you go to see a movie called 'Grand Canyon Adventure' and the whole movie is about water disappearing in the Colorado River and how we are destroying the environment, blah, blah, blah... Well, that is kinda disappointing. I wanted to see the GRAND FRIKKIN CANYON, not some tree huggers talking about water conservation as they ride the rapids and camp. An apt title might've been "Save The Colorado" or something like that. It just irked me that it didn't mention any of that in the synopsis or the ads(At least the ones I saw), and was kind of a cheapshot bait-and-switch. I wanted to see the IMAX version of hiking, climbing, burro riding, sweeping images of grand vistas(A few of those were in there, thankfully), etc. I would've walked out, had I not been with a friend.

Anyhoo, back to our originally scheduled thread

OK, I'm throwing Spice Girls into the hat!!

Testtrack321

Woah, calm down. No need to flip out. I'd love to see Aerosmith stay in the RnRC. I've said that multiple times. But, as a hardcore DMB fan, it would be cool. Here is a track listing for the ride in DMB did it:

Lauch: The Last Stop beginning
First 2 inversions: Too Much
Mid-ride break run: Rapunzel jam
Final break run: Ants Marching jam/ending

But, Aerosmith is a much better choice. I know that and would hate to see them go.

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry forgot my purse...

*jumps out window*

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

How much of a tightwad would one have to be to ask for your money back? I have seen quite a few bad movies and films before and just sucked it up and left. It would be different if you walked out within the first few minutes of the film but if you stayed the whole time, then you got the "full benefits" (if you wanna call it that on a bad film) of what you paid for, like it or not. It's like going to McDonald's, ordering a Crispy Chicken meal, eating it ALL and then going to the manager saying, "I didn't like this, it was cold, and I want my money back."

You would be surprised by how many people actually do that.

The easiest route from here would be to have Aerosmith sign another contract, which I'm sure they would be glad to do.

You're probably right. Aerosmith loves their fans and I was on their web site's message boards to see if anyone mentioned this. I found a forum on it and it seems that all their fans would be really upset if they didn't sign another contract. I hope that Aerosmith realizes that.

EpcotServo

Woah, calm down. No need to flip out.

This thread:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y_GJkKMPHxw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y_GJkKMPHxw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Missing20K

I have posted a couple times that the perfect fit would be music from the early days of Rock (1955-1960). There is plenty of music from that time that everyone knows, is fun!, and fits being played while on a high speed ride.

I'd really love to see DHS add a "land" themed to "the hollywood of the 1950's". The area of the RnRC is perfect for it as there is room for expansion. They could move the Prime Time Cafe there and add other shops and attractions. This would have been a better place for Dino-rama-esque rides to be located along with other 1950's themes like a drag racing ride. Just a thought!

I had the same idea, although my time frame was a bit earlier, more post WWII (late '40's to early '50's). Seems like you could really makeover that area of the park and tie in ToT, the whole of sunset blvd, and the coaster into a seamless themed "land" depicting the new, boundless optimism of the baby-boomer generation. Everyone over the age of 45 or 50 would be whisked back to the era of their childhood, while their parents could relive there formative years as teenagers and young adults. And those of us in younger generations could see what Hollywood, and in turn the rest of the country, was like at an extremely important and influential time period in our country.

With an obvious de-emphasis on the actual war, but an emphasis on the "American Dream" so many people had at the time of which a new type of music (rock and roll) came into being and over the next few decades became the dominant musical force in this country. Seems like it would work quite well. Just my two cents.

P.S. Any chance some of us like-minded wannabe Imagineers could go to Glendale with lots of drawings, renderings, story boards, etc. and get them to hire us to do their work for them??

jt04

I had the same idea, although my time frame was a bit earlier, more post WWII (late '40's to early '50's). Seems like you could really makeover that area of the park and tie in ToT, the whole of sunset blvd, and the coaster into a seamless themed "land" depicting the new, boundless optimism of the baby-boomer generation. Everyone over the age of 45 or 50 would be whisked back to the era of their childhood, while their parents could relive there formative years as teenagers and young adults. And those of us in younger generations could see what Hollywood, and in turn the rest of the country, was like at an extremely important and influential time period in our country.

With an obvious de-emphasis on the actual war, but an emphasis on the "American Dream" so many people had at the time of which a new type of music (rock and roll) came into being and over the next few decades became the dominant musical force in this country. Seems like it would work quite well. Just my two cents.

P.S. Any chance some of us like-minded wannabe Imagineers could go to Glendale with lots of drawings, renderings, story boards, etc. and get them to hire us to do their work for them??

:)

I think just about any idea we can come up with gets discussed in Glendale. I think the average Imagineer has tons of ideas. Management then has them mock it up, present it, design it in detail and come up with a budget so management can then say no. That is the feeling I get from what I see from the bleachers. I am very impressed with the ideas being rolled out for DCA though and hopefully WDW will get the same treatment soon.

I really like your 50's idea, the reason I say early and late 1950's would be the easy way the music could be incorporated into RnRC. And ToT fits because it is an old delapidated hotel which were common as the growth was happening in the "suburbs" and not much in the downtown areas during that time because of the new mobility. It would work and really help define DHS. The front part of the park dedicated to Hollywood of the 40's and 50's and the back of DHS based on Studio "lands". DCA will have elements dedicated to 20's and 30's Hollywood so it makes perfect sense to close the loop and it can all underscore Walt's influence on Hollywood and American show business.

Missing20K

:)

I think just about any idea we can come up with gets discussed in Glendale. I think the average Imagineer has tons of ideas. Management then has them mock it up, present it, design it in detail and come up with a budget so management can then say no. That is the feeling I get from what I see from the bleachers. I am very impressed with the ideas being rolled out for DCA though and hopefully WDW will get the same treatment soon.

I really like your 50's idea, the reason I say early and late 1950's would be the easy way the music could be incorporated into RnRC. And ToT fits because it is an old delapidated hotel which were common as the growth was happening in the "suburbs" and not much in the downtown areas during that time because of the new mobility. It would work and really help define DHS. The front part of the park dedicated to Hollywood of the 40's and 50's and the back of DHS based on Studio "lands". DCA will have elements dedicated to 20's and 30's Hollywood so it makes perfect sense to close the loop and it can all underscore Walt's influence on Hollywood and American show business.

Yeah it was more tongue in cheek than anything, but we can still dream. I agree that I'm sure the average Imagineer has tons of ideas that never see the light of day for various reasons, ideas which I'm sure would pale in comparison to what we could come up with. I mean they are paid to just come up with cool ideas for the parks and resorts.

I'm not sure it would have to be late '50's though, it would sort of depend on exactly what time frame of rock and roll they would be targeting because the early stages of rock and roll are rooted in late '40's jazz, bebop, etc. I guess it would be the difference between say Elvis and Chuck Berry, and The Beatles and the Rolling Stones. Not a huge difference in time frame, early '50's to late '50's-early '60's. But obviously a huge difference in tone, theme, and feel. Either way, both options seem far better than the current attraction or just replacing the band with another band or generic band and backstory.

To be honest, I was surprised the first time I saw the area outside of RnRC, as it is so totally out of place when viewed in the greater context of ToT and Sunset.

P.S. I am thinking of starting a blog or forum exclusively dedicated to WDI's past, present, and future, and my own and others ideas for the future. If anyone is interested, PM me or something and I'll try to get it underway. Basically, a place to pretend we are Imagineers and we have free reign to do what we pleased.

Imagineer Mitch

Original Poster
That is why I used the word "if".

well everyone needs to know that aerosmith probably will resign the contract, i mean disney has probably paid aerosmith a butt load of money for all of this and im sure the band would still like to be having the money comming to them, so people don't worry it will probably stay aerosmith

Figment571

This thread:

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y_GJkKMPHxw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y_GJkKMPHxw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Do you like movies about gladiators?

haveyoumetmark

Everyone who is saying Aerosmith is here to stay is in denial. They could be replaced with may more popular properties, not to mention everyone always welcomes a refresh. A fictional band would be fantastic. Maybe an effect similar to that of the Frank Kincaid effect in the Disaster! preshow at USF (although I'm not to sure how that would work seeing as the stage is below the viewing area for the RnRc preshow) Whatever, anything to get Steven Tyler out of there! Although they may not get replaced, it's not a sure thing!

sweetpee_1993

It's always been my understanding that Steven Tyler loves the attraction and has been on the ride lots and lots. I'm hopeful he'll still love the thought of it and get the guys to come do an updated pre-show. I love Aerosmith. I hope they stay!

It's always been my understanding that Steven Tyler loves the attraction and has been on the ride lots and lots. I'm hopeful he'll still love the thought of it and get the guys to come do an updated pre-show. I love Aerosmith. I hope they stay!

I heard that he loves it too. Also I would love for them to update the pre-show. Maybe have different versions of it so your not stuck watching the same "exact" pre-show video every time you ride. Also I don't know if I'm the only one but it bothers me how Aerosmith's limo in the preshow drives away in the opposite direction as the roller coaster does. It's really not that big of a deal but it bothers me for some reason. Am I the only one?

itasman

Personally I don't like the theming of the RNRC building...I don't think it fits with the elegant look of the rest of Sunset Blvd, nor does Aerosmith really fit the time period implied, which is (for me, roughly) 1930s - 1950s.

My dream of an ideal DHS would be as follows (other than needed refurbishments for rides such as the Great Movie Ride)

1. The area partially occupied today by RNRC was originally supposed to be a Roger Rabbit / Maroon Studios area. They could use this land to build a ToonTown similar to those at Anaheim and Tokyo. This would give little ones an area they could enjoy, be compatible with the whole Tinsel Town theme, and free the space in Magic Kingdom currently occupied by the underwhelming ToonTown Fair, for something else.

2. Clone Disneyland's version of Fantasmic. Change is not always good.

3. In place of Beauty and the Beast, a version of Golden Mickeys (like the one at Hong Kong). This spoof of the Oscars would be perfect for DHS.

4. Complete Sunset Boulevard! About 2/3 of the buildings designed for the west side of the street were not built (we got the more budget-friendly Sunset Ranch in their place). Also, there was supposed to be a tram running down the middle of this street.

5. Replace the Animation building with something more akin to the DCA version

6. Replace Little Mermaid w/ Mickey's Philharmagic. At the MK, bring back Mickey Mouse Revue from Tokyo. And give Tokyo another Philharmagic in its place.

7. Most important...remove that %$#* Hat.

8. Bring back Sorcery in the Sky!

9. In place of American Idol, bring back SuperStar TV, or a stateside version of Cinemagique.

10. An Indy Roller coaster! Why not the EMV ride from DL? Well, mostly because of point # 11 below. Also, my plans call for removing RNRC altogether, so this would leave the need for a good coaster in the park. And I am not talking of the lame version from Paris, but something more on the scale of a coaster such as Big Thunder Mountain. Where would this be built? In the 1990s, there were plans for to build an Indy EMV ride by extending the park into the first zone of the parking lot beyond where the Stunt Spectacular show is today.

11. Dic* Tracy's Crimestoppers aka Gangster Shootout in place of Star Tours. A gorgeous EMV ride designed for both Disney-MGM parks in Orlando and Paris (in the latter case, I am referring to the unbuilt Disney-MGM Studios Europe), but built at neither location. Anyone who has seen the concept art for this ride knows how beautiful it would have been and how perfectly appropriate for the 1930s / 1940s atmosphere. Move Star Tours to Tomorrowland at MK.

12. In place of New York Street and the old Residential Street area...an east-coast version of CarsLand (but please, call it Route 66).

13. The rest of the Backlot left for future expansion (tear down those graceless "Studio" buildigns).

Just a little armchair imagineering :)

hpyhnt 1000

I heard that he loves it too. Also I would love for them to update the pre-show. Maybe have different versions of it so your not stuck watching the same "exact" pre-show video every time you ride. Also I don't know if I'm the only one but it bothers me how Aerosmith's limo in the preshow drives away in the opposite direction as the roller coaster does. It's really not that big of a deal but it bothers me for some reason. Am I the only one?

You know, I was just thinking about that the other day! In all the times I had been on RnRC, I had never noticed it nor thought about it. Now, it really bothers me. Its a small thing, but really, couldn't they have made it so that the alley way in the pre-show in someway connected/lined up with the alley way for the coaster? :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom