Rivers of America (plus Railroad & Dioramas) Re-Imagineered 2017

Ismael Flores

What a wonderful job WDI and all the construction folks did with this part of the project Looks amazing. Almost wish they had added more animals with some simple movement like heads moving.
Can't wait to see if they did some improvements to the Grand Canyon and dino dioramas. I'm hoping for improved lighting and wouldn't mind a few projection mapping ideas that would enhance the scenes.

Last edited:

britain

Such a great video! The Native Americans have so much movement! And the storyteller is up there, I wonder how improved he'll be?! Cool seeing a retractable fall safety railing in front of him as well.

This stuff is terrific! No other castle park with a river is as good as this one now! (Paris' having Big Thunder on the island at the center is hard to beat, but I think DL's now passes it.)

D

Deleted member 107043

This stuff is terrific! No other castle park with a river is as good as this one now! (Paris' having Big Thunder on the island at the center is hard to beat, but I think DL's now passes it.)

I agree completely.

If I were to nit pick I'd say that DL's ROA would be even better if it integrated attractions near the River's edge like BTMRR and The Haunted Mansion. Splash Mountain works well, but IMO The MK, TDL, and DLP do a much better job with this in general than DL does.

Phroobar

I have to agree. Hong Kong's river is just a simple Jungle Cruise, Shanghai's is just a small sea for pirates.
I agree completely.

If I were to nit pick I'd say that DL's ROA would be even better if it integrated attractions near the River's edge like BTMRR and The Haunted Mansion. Splash Mountain works well, but IMO The MK, TDL, and DLP do a much better job with this in general than DL does.
I think it's harder for Disneyland to do that since it wasn't master planned that way.

britain

I agree completely.

I know what you mean, I love the way the other Big Thunders sweep over the water. I think the fact that DL has Fantasmic, however, is the ultimate in shoreline attraction integration.

Also, I may be in the minority, but I really don't like the way WDW's Splash just spits out guests there for all to see at the bottom of the big drop. I much prefer the hidden bend at the bottom of DL's version.

D

Deleted member 107043

I think the fact that DL has Fantasmic, however, is the ultimate in shoreline attraction integration.

Good point, and it could only happen at DL's ROA because of the way NOS is arranged in relationship the river's shoreline.

SSG

FWIW, Random people on Twitter are saying CMs are telling guests to check back at ROA this afternoon, so some folks may get a ride today.

SSG

From FreshBaked:

Fresh Baked!‏ @FrshBakedDisney
Ima be ridin that mark twain in about 30 minutes! #freshbakedpress

MT.jpg

SSG

PHOTOS: First look at updated Disneyland Railroad and Rivers of America, ahead of tomorrow’s reopening

IN DISNEY, DISNEYLAND RESORT, THEME PARKS

Posted on July 28, 2017 by Cristina Sanza Leave a comment
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Disneyland-Railroad-Returns-07_2017_DL.034-750x501-750x400.jpg
New Columbia Gorge section Views along Rivers of America Dioramas of the Grand Canyon and Primeval World have been updated for the first time since opening in 1958. In Primeval World, newly painted sets, dinosaurs, and creatures are mixed with new lighting and effects. Primeval World diorama Check back later for a closer look at the updated Disneyland Railroad and Rivers of America as we prepare for their big return tomorrow.

Disneyland Railroad and Rivers of America are reopening tomorrow, Saturday, July 29, and Disneyland has released a first look at the updated attractions.

The fan-favorite Disneyland Railroad travels a new scenic route along the north bank ofRivers of America, where it passes stunning new waterfalls and rockwork. Guests can also enjoy these new views from the water with the return of Mark Twain Riverboat,Sailing Ship Columbia, and Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes.

Scroll down for a look at some of the new sights on these classic Disneyland attractions.

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Rivers-of-America-07_2017_DL.019-750x501-630x421.jpg
New Columbia Gorge section
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Disneyland-Railroad-Returns-07_2017_DL.034-750x501-1-630x421.jpg
Views along Rivers of America
Dioramas of the Grand Canyon and Primeval World have been updated for the first time since opening in 1958. In Primeval World, newly painted sets, dinosaurs, and creatures are mixed with new lighting and effects.

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2017/07/The-Primeval-World-diorama-07_2017_DL.020-750x501-630x421.jpg
Primeval World diorama
Check back later for a closer look at the updated Disneyland Railroad and Rivers of America as we prepare for their big return tomorrow.

Californian Elitist

I will be there next week and I am stoked. If they had to shorten the ROA, the way they did it with plussing the ROA shores looks to have been really well done.

I agree! The new diorama effects look very nice. I want to see them in person.

I've said it before, these reopenings give me more joy than any news about Galaxy's Edge, Pixar Pier, anything related to Marvel in the parks, Starcade events, etc. Those don't give me any joy at all lol.

This is the Disneyland I love. No attractions and lands attached to hot IPs. Just classic rides that have gotten some updates and are now reopening. I love it, and I'm going to enjoy it for as long as I can.

Stevek

Such a great video! The Native Americans have so much movement! And the storyteller is up there, I wonder how improved he'll be?! Cool seeing a retractable fall safety railing in front of him as well.

Beautiful! I think I may just spend a couple hours riding the water craft and train when we get past blockouts.

TP2000

Original Poster
Today was apparently Media Day. Who knew?

The OC Register has a new article up now with some great photos and video. John Lasseter and his wife came down from Club 33, hopped on the train at the New Orleans Square station, and were the engineers on the Disneyland Railroad as it went by the river for the media.

There are several good jokes about Lasseter keeping a train on a track after being at the Club 33 bar, but I'll let someone else write them. :cool:

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/07/2...d-railroad-open-with-new-route-to-the-public/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom