Trip Report Rise of the Popcorn Bucket

Hello everyone & a warm welcome to you!! As always, lots of fun was had on this trip with the star of the show(besides J, of course;)) being none other than E's nemesis, the popcorn bucket!! I'm super excited to share our adventures with you!!

WHO: I think you know us but.....myself-Patti, R(I think I've converted him to a full blown Disney fan even though he claims he likes coming for the restaurants), my sister E & my super fun, partner in crime(in more ways than one on this trip) J!!
IMG_5674.JPG

WHEN: Friday, January 17th - Monday, January 20th(gotta go around those darn school schedules when you have family in the education field)

WHERE(I hope you're sitting down for this one!): Art of Animationo_O
IMG_5785.jpeg

There was no room at the inn at Riverside so we decided to stay here b/c we thought J would really like the Cars suite. In the end we created a monster b/c he has now decided that AoA is his favorite!!

PREAMBLE
We last left off with JSR smuggling the popcorn buckets out of his house for me. BTW--J was in on this too & I was very proud of him for keeping it a secret for so long!!
IMG_5002.JPEG

They were heading to WDW with me!! Also, you may be wondering why there are two. You see, E's hatred for the popcorn bucket didn't just start on our trip in November. A few years ago she, JSR & J were on a Disney cruise & JSR bought the Santa Mickey bucket that you see there. She couldn't stand it back then on the cruise & her feelings really haven't changed. If anything, they've gotten worse!!
IMG_5025.JPEG

We had a 3:50 flight b/c someone(the guy in education) had a half day of school & didn't want to miss work. We met at E's at 12:30 & JSR drove us to the airport. I had went to work that morning & before I left I bought a case of water & put 12 in my suitcase. My boss was busy making fun of me for not buying it in Disney. I told him I had the space in my suitcase & these bottles were for the room. Why spend $3.50 per bottle when I could spend $4.99 for a case of Aquafina?? BTW--it was well worth it. We only had 2 bottles left at the end of the trip!!

Check out J's cute suitcase!!
IMG_5026.JPEG

He's ready to go!! J said that he wanted me to sit next to him in the car. On the way to the airport he told me that he wanted to sit next to me on the plane & the ME. I asked E why he wanted to be my BFF. She said she didn't know but earlier that day out of the blue he told her, "I really like Aunt Patti". I think he saw jelly beans in his future!!
IMG_5027.JPEG

We checked our bags in at curbside & the Southwest agent started humming The March of the First Order when he saw J's suitcase. It was cute. He also profoundly thanked us for the tips b/c he said that it had been a slow day.
IMG_5029.JPEG

J was excited to get on the "monorail". Even though R was still in his work clothes he was somewhat in Disney mode with the Star Wars tie he was wearing!!
IMG_5030.JPEG

We went to TGI Friday's for lunch. We got some kind of combo platter & shared everything. The potstickers & breadsticks were especially good!! That wine wasn't bad either!!;)
IMG_5031.JPEG

Meanwhile, J was enjoying the cheese sticks!!
IMG_5032.JPEG

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

I want to thank you all for your kind thoughts. I promise I’m not abandoning this TR & I will respond to all of you tomorrow. I’ve had a lot of ups & downs recently—& I’ll be honest more downs than ups but such is life. To throw another curve ball in hospice came to my dad yesterday to sign the papers for my grandma. Not going to lie it’s tough. It hasn’t been a year yet for my mom & now grandma. My poor dad.. If prayers are something you do please include us in them. It would me much appreciated. I thank you all for your understanding in my delay on this TR & appreciate having you all as friends!! ❤

On a bright note E is having dinner for the Super Bowl this evening. J & I already plotted on what I’m bringing....:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

View attachment 446276
I have obviously joined this TR super late. I am sorry to read about your work troubles and especially the sad news about your grandma. Prayers sent.

susan lees

Again, many thanks to all of you!! Your kind words, prayers & thoughts mean so much!!❤❤❤

So, grandma is 93--God bless her. Her mind is super sharp but she has been battling ALS for the last 18 years or so. My understanding is that people normally don't live too long with it but in rare cases some do. It's been awful to watch this disease progress over the years. She always says that her work must not be done here b/c God still keeps her hanging around!! Anyhow, the nurse did an evaluation of her the other day & feels that it's time for hospice to step in. My dad & I talked about it & not to sound cruel in the least but he said for her sake he is relieved which I totally get. It's unfair for one to live their life this way for all these years. It's to the point where you can hardly understand her when she talks b/c this disease has pretty much taken over.

I definitely will be getting this TR back on track b/c at this point I feel like a total Debbie Downer & frankly, I just don't like it!!
Thank you all again!!😘
What a devastating disease (we know it as motor neuron disease in UK) your grandma sounds as though she has been a strong lady all these years. Hopefully hospice will give you all peace of mind. Take care.

BrerWayne

Again, many thanks to all of you!! Your kind words, prayers & thoughts mean so much!!❤❤❤

So, grandma is 93--God bless her. Her mind is super sharp but she has been battling ALS for the last 18 years or so. My understanding is that people normally don't live too long with it but in rare cases some do. It's been awful to watch this disease progress over the years. She always says that her work must not be done here b/c God still keeps her hanging around!! Anyhow, the nurse did an evaluation of her the other day & feels that it's time for hospice to step in. My dad & I talked about it & not to sound cruel in the least but he said for her sake he is relieved which I totally get. It's unfair for one to live their life this way for all these years. It's to the point where you can hardly understand her when she talks b/c this disease has pretty much taken over.

I definitely will be getting this TR back on track b/c at this point I feel like a total Debbie Downer & frankly, I just don't like it!!
Thank you all again!!😘
ALS is an awful disease. Your trip reports bring me a lot of joy, because I do not get to visit the World very often. The first time I ever stayed on Property was at Riverside ( Dixie Landings back then). So I really love the pictures from your morning walks. You have a fan here in New Orleans, and I will keep your family in my nightly prayers.

Minnesota disney fan

So sorry to hear of you and your Dad's problems. It must be difficult to do another hospice so soon. I hope you will be assured that hospice will do all they can to assist your grandmother and Dad and you with this difficult time. I am a retired hospice RN and know they can be a big help to you and her. I had to retire early due to medical reasons, but hospice and home care has always been close to my heart. My prayers are with you and your family.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So sorry to hear of you and your Dad's problems. It must be difficult to do another hospice so soon. I hope you will be assured that hospice will do all they can to assist your grandmother and Dad and you with this difficult time. I am a retired hospice RN and know they can be a big help to you and her. I had to retire early due to medical reasons, but hospice and home care has always been close to my heart. My prayers are with you and your family.

Just wanted to share here that hospice workers are wonderful, caring people -- not only to the patients in their care, but to their families.

riverside

Original Poster
Sending good thoughts to you and your family. ❤
I have obviously joined this TR super late. I am sorry to read about your work troubles and especially the sad news about your grandma. Prayers sent.
What a devastating disease (we know it as motor neuron disease in UK) your grandma sounds as though she has been a strong lady all these years. Hopefully hospice will give you all peace of mind. Take care.
I'm so sorry for everything that has been going on with you and your family lately! Thoughts and prayers to you all!
Sending all the good vibes to you and the rest of your family. So sorry to hear about your grandmother, but also happy to see that you had a great time celebrating the Super Bowl.
Sending prayers. 🙏
Just wanted to share here that hospice workers are wonderful, caring people -- not only to the patients in their care, but to their families.
I am so very sorry about your recent struggles personal and work. I wish you nothing but the best.
Oh I'm so sorry to hear about Grandma, and work drama. I hope you can find a night manager soon to take over. Sending good thoughts your way and big hugs!
I’m so sorry that you are going through a difficult time right now. I’ll pray for your family. I’m glad you have such a great family that you can all support each other.
I love the picture of E with the popcorn buckets! It's so great that J can keep a secret like that!!! Praying for your Grandmother.🙏🙏🙏
Or when life gives you popcorn buckets...you fill them up!
Thank you all so much!! ❤ All of your kind & thoughtful words mean so much to me!! My dad & his brothers & sisters(there's 8 of them) all met today with the hospice coordinator. I haven't heard yet what went on though🤞

riverside

Original Poster
ALS is an awful disease. Your trip reports bring me a lot of joy, because I do not get to visit the World very often. The first time I ever stayed on Property was at Riverside ( Dixie Landings back then). So I really love the pictures from your morning walks. You have a fan here in New Orleans, and I will keep your family in my nightly prayers.
Aww--thank you so much(for the prayers & your kind comments)! I really missed not being at Riverside this time. The first time I stayed on property was at Riverside also!! I didn't even pick the resort. My sisters E & C were staying there & I showed up to surprise them(back before MDE so it was easy then). So I just booked there since that's where they were staying. I fell in love immediately!!

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, JANUARY 17TH

J was super excited when we pulled into the resort. On our last trip in November we picked up at AoA & J was in awe when he saw it. Little did we know we would be staying here the next time!!
IMG_5086.JPEG

He was leading the way like he knew where he was going!! :hilarious:
IMG_5087.JPEG

IMG_5088.JPEG

I don't care for(& I didn't on my last stay there either) how from the inside you have to walk through the gift shop to get to the food court. I don't know why it bothers me so much but it does.🤷‍♀️
IMG_5089.JPEG

We decided we wanted to eat dinner before we headed to the room so we went to Landscape of Flavors.
IMG_5090.JPEG

The gelato looked good but none of us indulged.
IMG_5091.JPEG

IMG_5092.JPEG

J & E split this monstrous slice of pizza.
IMG_5093.JPEG

I got a BBQ pork sandwich & it came with 2 sides. The sandwich was just ok but I was pretty hungry so I ate it all. The chips & salad were much better.
IMG_5094.JPEG

R got some kind of chicken sandwich. He felt the same about his sandwich as I did mine.
IMG_5095.JPEG

Holy ketchup!! And knowing him I'm sure he used it all!!

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, JANUARY 17TH

After dinner we headed to the room. J's eyes lit up when he saw this!!
IMG_5096.JPEG

IMG_5097.JPEG

The Big Blue Pool--it was already closed for the day which struck me as odd that it closed so early.
IMG_5098.JPEG

The Drop Off Pool Bar.
IMG_5099.JPEG

R got a drink but for the life of me I can't remember what it was.
IMG_5100.JPEG

Into Radiator Springs we go!!
IMG_5101.JPEG

It was pretty much at this point(& I kid you not) that R--of all people--says, "So, when are we going to Riverside??!!" I almost fell over!! I could see that coming out of the mouths of one of us 3 regular POR goer's but him!!:jawdrop:
IMG_5102.JPEG

Most of my pictures turned out lousy b/c of the lights on the cars that were on--ok, I'm sure some of it has to do with my photography skills too!!
IMG_5103.JPEG

J was really excited. He kept pointing out different things & it was obvious that he was amazed at his surroundings!!
IMG_5104.JPEG

IMG_5105.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, JANUARY 17TH

J was really pumped up to be there!!
IMG_5107.JPEG

R & E thought the theming was great but both said they didn't get the same vibe that they get when they're at Riverside. Since I had stayed there before I already knew that so of course I agreed with them!!
IMG_5108.JPEG

But J was quickly being converted to "this is my favorite resort!!"
IMG_5109.JPEG

We were in Building 2-the same one I stayed in last time!!
IMG_5110.JPEG

Someone looks excited & the other one--not so much....maybe if he took the tie off he'd loosen up a little :hilarious:
IMG_5112.JPEG

Seriously, J was in his glory!!
IMG_5114.JPEG

And he was very excited to check out the room!!
IMG_5115.JPEG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom