ripoff disney theme park

primusjim

Original Poster
I remember at one point seeing pictures of theme park that was basically a ripoff of WDW. It may have been located in Germany. It had a castle, and a geodome that looked like a cheap spaceship earth knockoff, plus many more WDW similar attractions. Anybody know what I'm talking about, or am I crazy? Can anybody tell me the name of the place, or provide me with some related links? Thanks.

LilDucky

I dont know about the one in Germany (I've also heard about it, but i dont know any links or anything), but heres Nara Dreamland, what is probably the most scariest place on earth. I hate looking at these pics...they are waaaay too creepy. :eek: :lookaroun

Nara Dreamland

Creepy!!!

Not For Sale

I THINK you're talking about Europa Park. I probably have that wrong, though. If it is that one they have an indoor coaster in a building that looks like SSE.

Number_6

LilDucky said:
I dont know about the one in Germany (I've also heard about it, but i dont know any links or anything), but heres Nara Dreamland, what is probably the most scariest place on earth. I hate looking at these pics...they are waaaay too creepy. :eek: :lookaroun

Nara Dreamland

Creepy!!!

Wow. That was really... odd. And I think those people that took the pics are from New England. Either that or they go to every park imaginable because they mentioned Whalom Park, which was in Lunenburg, Massachusetts. I remember the commercials they used to have when I was growing up. I have to say though, that park really looked abandoned. Were there even ride operators there, or was everything just automated? :lol:

primusjim

Original Poster
LilDucky said:

Nara Dreamland

Creepy!!!

Thanks, that was awesome. My girl and I actually cried from laughing so hard at the "rusted out stairway to nowhere" picture. And what was up with the nazi building in the picture below that? That place was incredibly empty, and it was indeed very creepy.

Number_6

primusjim said:
Thanks, that was awesome. My girl and I actually cried from laughing so hard at the "rusted out stairway to nowhere" picture. And what was up with the nazi building in the picture below that? That place was incredibly empty, and it was indeed very creepy.

Actually, the symbol that was used by the Nazi party was a corruption of a symbol of great significance in many areas of the world. Here's a link with some of the explainations: http://ancienthistory.about.com/library/bl/bl_swastika_forum.htm

Lynx04

LilDucky said:

Nara Dreamland

Creepy!!!

It looks like a scary Twilight Zone episode:

Rod Serling voice:

A tale of a park once majestic and magical, took a turn towards the bazare of a lifeless soul. In this park their is no magic, no happiness, or good feeling. This park consumes only a souless echo of what magic use to resonate from it colorful center. When you enter this park, it becomes apparent that the you just took a long stroll into.... The Twilight Zone

Dun Dun Dun!!!!!!<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

joshwill

i remember years ago, back around 1980 when i was in college, i saw a film.
i forget the name. it was in german, i beleive, and the basis of the film, if i remember correctly, was that some unscrupulous people were trying to build an amusement park in a small town against the townpeoples wishes.

the parks name was deutschneyland.

anyone know the name or ever hear of this fillm? id love to see it again.

dolbyman

hehe .. phantasialand .. I've been there last year .. some very bad copies of disney stuff (spaceship earth,hounted mansion, etc. ) .. but it's quite fun for a day .. espacially the new attractions .. :slurp:

www.phantasialand.de

Boo's Mom

Lynx04 said:

Rod Serling voice:

A tale of a park once majestic and magical, took a turn towards the bazare of a lifeless soul. In this park their is no magic, no happiness, or good feeling. This park consumes only a souless echo of what magic use to resonate from it colorful center. When you enter this park, it becomes apparent that the you just took a long stroll into.... The Twilight Zone

:lol: What's funny is when I was reading that, I could actually hear Rod Sterling say that! :hammer:

popkid

There is an amusement park in Qingdao China called GrandLink World where a friend of mine worked when it first opened in 1998. He sent home brochures from the park, and they were just a bit 'Disney themed'. The cover had a shot of a castle and big 'sphere' made out of clay surrounded by Mickey shaped balloons and a monorail. Inside, there were pictures of attractions - none of them purely Disney rip-offs, but also none of them existed in the park. That's right, the makers of the park went to other amusement parks and took photographs of attractions, then used the photos in making their brochure.

I can scan the brochure if anyone would like to see.

waltdisny

Lynx04 said:
Rod Serling voice:
LMAO!:lol: :sohappy:
Visions of deranged cast members who are really ghosts in the shops and a hapless honeymoon couple (William Shatner and a blonde who'll never star in anything again) stopping off for some fun on their way to Niagra Falls.

aklodge

Disneygrl36 said:
Nara Dreamland is scary.........It's weird how it looks nice from far away & then close up it looks terrible. :veryconfu
Yea, that place just plain out freaks me out.

jesserin

Freaky... that was just plain weird... That was just weird seeing all those strangley famliar attractions done fair ground style... ewww... scary...

SpenceMan01

Moustronaut said:
And lets not forget Lotte World in Korea.

http://www.lotteworld.com/eng/index.jsp
For their Atlantis Adventure:
Children smaller than 130cm in height, ones over 187cm in height, those who consumed alcohol, physically weak, expectant moms or elderly not allowed.

I know that Disney and other parks stateside (probably) don't allow obviously intoxicated guests to ride attractions, but they don't mention it!! :lol:

Lynx04

Boo's Mom said:
:lol: What's funny is when I was reading that, I could actually hear Rod Sterling say that! :hammer:
Scary isn't it. I guess you can say I have seen too many Twilight Zone episodes.

Lynx04

SpenceMan01 said:
For their Atlantis Adventure:
Children smaller than 130cm in height, ones over 187cm in height, those who consumed alcohol, physically weak, expectant moms or elderly not allowed.

I know that Disney and other parks stateside (probably) don't allow obviously intoxicated guests to ride attractions, but they don't mention it!! :lol:

If that was the case then I their would have been thrown out of EPCOT plenty of times. Although, I am not obnoxious, nor an obvious intoxicated guest when I drink, but I do know where all the bathrooms are. ;) I am sure that other World traveling drinkers can tell you nothing is worse then getting in line then having to go to the bathroom halfway through the line, especially TT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom