RIP dreamfinder and figment

b94ronman

Original Poster
13 years ago tonight......you guys played your final show. Imagination has never been the same from that day on.........

Fable McCloud

Awwww.....now I'm uber depressed. I really want them back...my BF doesn't know what my obsession with Figment is since he never got to see them.

I really miss the old Imagination...

b94ronman

Original Poster
Lee -

I respect your opinion on almost everything you post, but have to differ on this one.....it was the "haunted mansion" of EPCOT, still to this day they play "one little spark" on the bus as it pulls into EPCOT, the original song can still be heard in the imagination pavilion restrooms.....it was a timeless attraction that with minor updates would have still been as popular today as it was in the 80's & 90's.....I do agree with your statement of quality though....I don't think they will ever put the detail, creativity or money into a pavilion like that again unless a big sponsor comes along with a ton of money to throw at it, but even then I don't see an attraction being built with that type of attention and quality....It was a once great pavilion....the original imageworks of course would be totally outdated, but with the technology that exists today im i sure it would be just as cool as it was when I was a kid....I don't buy the "fire-code" excuse.....Disney built a whole other structure onto the land to house soaring'.....they could have easily spent some money to update the pyramids by adding ramps to get people out....the gift-shop was the focus to make cash....so we are stuck with an unsponsored, shadow-of-itself pavilion that we can only hope someday gets some luv to bring it back it's glory.....I will now go back to respecting all your other thoughts:)

The Empress Lilly

Figment Figment Figment!! :sohappy:

Imagination is the E-ticket that makes lesser omnimovers such as Mermaid into a C-ticket.

What's sad is not only that Disney would've so carelessly demolished EPCOT's great omnimover family rides, but that modern Disney is not even capable of building them anymore. With $100 million for Mermaid, one shudders to think what Imagination would cost today

Communicore

Yea I miss the Imagination as well. Growing up we filmed our EPCOT Center trips and the tape was only 45 min or so but we never filmed a attraction and pavilion in its entirety except for Imagination and the Imageworks is really an integral part of that pavilion, it should be restored. Imageworks is the best, this faux downstairs Imageworks does not exist.

hammysammy59

The loss of this ride still bums me out. Future World feels a little dead to me without it, and I'm not even a hater on new stuff in FW. Love Mission: Space, Love Test Track... but man, I miss good Imagination. That ride had a HUGE impact on me as a kid, and really made Epcot, and WDW special.

baymenxpac

The loss of this ride still bums me out. Future World feels a little dead to me without it, and I'm not even a hater on new stuff in FW. Love Mission: Space, Love Test Track... but man, I miss good Imagination. That ride had a HUGE impact on me as a kid, and really made Epcot, and WDW special.

yeah, i don't hate new FW either, but you're right. when you had imagination and the living seas and body wars (heck, all of wonders of life), you felt like future world had...depth. mystique. nuance. a soul. that's sort of gone now.

i miss elements of horizons and world of motion, but i do embrace some change. i just wish some of the old element were reshaped in deeper way.

Epcot '92

Only got to ride it once, but man was it cool! I really cannot comment on the attraction very much, but when my family was invited to see the re-opening with figment, Even I, at a young age, thought this to be incredibly cheesy!

draybook

Sadly, I never saw the original. I've watched it on YouTube and I wish I had. JII, Horizons, and World of Motion looked pretty darn cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom