Riding Mission Space orange alone?

Cartoons626

Original Poster
Im looking forward to going on mission space orange this September, I'm not afraid of tight spaces, spinning or speed but I am a little afraid of being on the ride while others are ill. :hungover:

The last time I went on it was with an older man and his two children, the first thing he did once we sat down was pass out the sick bags, unfortunately they needed them (I kind of wondered why he went on the extreme version if he anticipated the outcome) o_O. I would really like to avoid this experience again.

My family won't go on the ride, so I'm by myself on this one. Has anyone ever gone on the ride by themselves, would they allow one person to a capsule? Any tips on riding solo would be appreciated.

Thank you

HurricaneHanna

I would just politely tell the cast member at the load point that the last time you rode with strangers they got sick on you. Then nicely ask, "may I please ride alone?" One time at The Great Movie Ride, the CM led a party of four oversized people to the row that my husband and I were already seated in. When she asked me to move down I nicely said, "I really don't want to be squished". She understood and had that group step back to wait for the next vehicle. If you're polite and give a brief explanation I think they'll allow you to go solo.

WelshBatman

I've actually seen it happen but it was largely due to the fact that no one was riding when I was there at the time. They just took whoever was in line and basically put the parties that were there in separate teams. There were like 12 people going on at the time and one was a party of 6 and they split them into 2 parties of 3. Other than that we were all left with our own parties and there was one guy in a party of 1.

It pretty much ends up being how many people are there at the time. I don't think they'd honor your request to ride alone unless they had a lot of empty space. If you have 120 people in line, they won't. If 12 then yeah they probably will.

Darth Figment

We went on mission space during EMH. It was just me and my girlfriend . It was nice . So maybe keep that in mind EMH maybe your best shot at riding alone .

Cartoons626

Original Poster
I would just politely tell the cast member at the load point that the last time you rode with strangers they got sick on you. Then nicely ask, "may I please ride alone?" One time at The Great Movie Ride, the CM led a party of four oversized people to the row that my husband and I were already seated in. When she asked me to move down I nicely said, "I really don't want to be squished". She understood and had that group step back to wait for the next vehicle. If you're polite and give a brief explanation I think they'll allow you to go solo.

Thanks for the reply, I will be sure to ask nicely, I know if it's busy they may not be able but I will try my luck anyway :)

Cartoons626

Original Poster
I've actually seen it happen but it was largely due to the fact that no one was riding when I was there at the time. They just took whoever was in line and basically put the parties that were there in separate teams. There were like 12 people going on at the time and one was a party of 6 and they split them into 2 parties of 3. Other than that we were all left with our own parties and there was one guy in a party of 1.

It pretty much ends up being how many people are there at the time. I don't think they'd honor your request to ride alone unless they had a lot of empty space. If you have 120 people in line, they won't. If 12 then yeah they probably will.

Thanks for the reply, I suppose it will be the luck of the draw then, hopefully it will work out :) I don't mind going on with others if they know they can handle those kind of rides, if I see someone reach for the sick bag before the ride starts I think it skip that flight.

Cmdr_Crimson

I go single and during the EMH I had the entire orange side to myself...It was awesome....Best time to do this is around the time Illuminations is going on...People get distracted with big sparkly things in the sky and realize that there are rides still going..

Cartoons626

Original Poster
I go single and during the EMH I had the entire orange side to myself...It was awesome....Best time to do this is around the time Illuminations is going on...People get distracted with big sparkly things in the sky and realize that there are rides still going..

That sounds awesome having it to yourself :) I know what you mean, the sparkly things are distracting :)

Cartoons626

Original Poster
I've riden by myself just by chance. I agree to just ask. I have a feeling they will accommodate you.
Thanks for the reply, if its not busy and I ask nicely hopefully it will work out :) I'm just picturing my self stretching for the furthered button lol :D

Mickey5150

I've ridden alone many times right before Illuminations. Also I have found that if you gleefully run off the ride and right back on that you make it past the sick ones and continue having fun by yourself. I've made as many as 6 times in a row before they stopped the ride.

Bairstow

This is Mission:Space we're talking about.
I'd be surprised if you aren't the only one in the entire building who isn't being paid to be in there.

Chef Mickey

This is Mission:Space we're talking about.
I'd be surprised if you aren't the only one in the entire building who isn't being paid to be in there.
How sad. A $100m attraction that is a truly unique concept and people think of it this way.

Honestly, it's not a bad ride, but it does need an update. I still enjoy it a lot.

Foltzy

I think the reward outweighs the risk. I've done it alone and met some pretty awesome people because of it. And remember, your can always "chicken out" if you don't like your group then hop back in line if the wait is short

JIMINYCR

Guess I've been lucky, Ive ridden MS multiple times on multiple trips and have never been on a ride where anyone got sick or appeared sick after the ride was completed. In such tight quarters it must be miserable having someone get sick and have to wait for the ride to stop so you can escape the smell.

EOD K9

Has anyone ever gone on the ride by themselves, would they allow one person to a capsule?
But..But, how are you supposed to fly it when you have to induce hyper sleep, fire the engines, extend wings, and pilot the thing at the end???? Maybe if was the Mercury Capsule they would say yes. This is a team effort and it just cannot be done by yourself. It is impossible to do all that by your onesy.....savvy?

worldfanatic

What horrible advice you're receiving.
Asking to ride alone slows the line for everybody else and is extremely selfish. I've ridden Mission Space Orange 20+ times and never had somebody get sick next to me.
The odds are with you.
Don't be that jerk that wants special treatment.
If it worries you that much, don't ride.

Figments Friend

I have been on 'Mission:Space' as a single several times.
In all cases, i was grouped with a pair so we had a seat or two between us.
Never had anyone get ill while riding.

I would recommend riding in the late evening or during the nightly fireworks presentation to increase your chances of getting a capsule all to yourself if need be.
It's fun to ride with others however and play the 'team effort' roles within the context of the ride experience.
Go for it!

-

EOD K9

What horrible advice you're receiving.
Asking to ride alone slows the line for everybody else and is extremely selfish. I've ridden Mission Space Orange 20+ times and never had somebody get sick next to me.
The odds are with you.
Don't be that jerk that wants special treatment.
If it worries you that much, don't ride.
giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom