Riding in the front of coasters?

Bairstow

Original Poster
At a lot of amusement parks, there is a longer queue just before the boarding area of a rollercoaster specially for those who don't mind waiting longer foe the front seat. From what I've seen, Disney never does this as far as I can tell. Am I missing something, because I sure would like to ride front seat on Everest one of these days.

Zweiland

For part of the ride, the front seat on Everest is in the back. Try that. ;)

I can't provide a definite answer to your question. My advice would be to ask the CMs at loading if you can ride in the front. You probably will have to wait longer, but that's what you were expecting, right?

I actually like the back half of big roller coasters better. You get more G-forces being pulled over the hills.

NiarrNDisney

A couple years ago you could request to sit in the very back or the front seat on Everest but I believe they stopped because I did not see the separate queue for this on my last trip.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
It all depends on the coaster. It's pointless to ride in the front of Space, BTMRR gives you a tamer ride if you ride up front. Any time we have asked for a certain seat Disney has been nice enough to let us wait an extra train to sit there. I'm sure if you ask on your next trip to Everest they will let you.

Californian Elitist

At the DLR, if you want a specific seat, all you have to do is ask. I bet it's the same at WDW. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, just make up an excuse as to why you can't sit in the back.

The Magical Genie 123

It all depends on the coaster. It's pointless to ride in the front of Space, BTMRR gives you a tamer ride if you ride up front. Any time we have asked for a certain seat Disney has been nice enough to let us wait an extra train to sit there. I'm sure if you ask on your next trip to Everest they will let you.

Yeah I always request the back seat, and they usually always say yes. The back of any roller coaster is more fun for me.

luv

You absolutely can wait for the front Caron Everest. Tell the last staff person you encounter (the one who tells you which number to stand on) that you'd like to wait for the front. They will direct you to the line for that, which is practically right there, just around the corner, on the right. :) It isn't usually very long, either.

The front of Everest is great the first time someone rides, if they don't know what is coming. But the back is the better ride, IMO.

There is no benefit to riding up front on any of the other coasters. Space and RnRc are in the dark. Big Thunder's front car is behind the train thing, giving you a worse view.

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
Anything to keep the lines shorter and moving I am for. I have rode in the front and the back. I actually prefer the back seat on BTMRR
I always request back row on BTMRR as well. You can ask the cast member for front row and you may have to wait a tad longer, but they'll usually grant your request :)

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Not a coaster but I always ask for top cent or Soarin' if you are willing to wait a cycle they normally let you ( I haven't been turned down yet).

IWantMyMagicBand

I refuse the front car on BTMMR after the accident in CA. I know it's unlikely to happen again but I think about it everytime I ride, whichever park I'm in.

acishere

I like to request the back for BTMR and the front for EE. All you have to do is ask the CM and they can point out the extended queue or set you aside for the next available moment that row is open.

deanaandrich

Everest has a front row line. When you get to the front of the line just ask the CM. He will show you the front row line which is just around the corner, next to the single riders.
You can also ask for front on RnR. You can also request the back on either coaster.

secondstartotheright

We requested the front on Everest a few months ago and were directed to a mini-extended queue next to the single riders one. we only waited about 5 minutes extra for it.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I've requested to sit in certain areas for Everest, BTMRR, and Splash and never had a problem. It doesn't really matter for Everest so much but the front of BTMRR is kind of lame (hubby prefers it though) I love sitting in the back.

StarWarsGirl

There is a front line for Everest. It's next to the Singles line, and they only use it upon request. They sometimes run it for Rock 'n Rollercoaster as well. Usually though there's not much of a wait, if one at all

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom