Rides you were/are scared of

JAB

Astro Orbiter.

I don't have a fear of heights, and I usually enjoyed taking controllable rides up as high as I could, but I still remember the sense of dread I felt when I first went on it in the 80s. I finally went on it again 40-ish years later as an adult and I still had that same feeling. I think it might have to do with how the rockets aren't on a hinge, so they don't stay level, but instead tilt sideways with the arm as you go up. That, combined with the almost non-existent restraints, makes it feel like you're about to fall out the whole way through the ride.

JoeCamel

Astro Orbiter.

I don't have a fear of heights, and I usually enjoyed taking controllable rides up as high as I could, but I still remember the sense of dread I felt when I first went on it in the 80s. I finally went on it again 40-ish years later as an adult and I still had that same feeling. I think it might have to do with how the rockets aren't on a hinge, so they don't stay level, but instead tilt sideways with the arm as you go up. That, combined with the almost non-existent restraints, makes it feel like you're about to fall out the whole way through the ride.
I fear getting back out of the RV, they need a people crane up there

Walt Disney1955

Astro Orbiter.

It does have that feel, and perhaps it is intentional. You are pretty high up there considering you need to take the elevator to get up there in the first place. I always envision the arm snapping off and just flying in the air before crashing to the ground. I know that will never happen, but I think it almost makes it a little more intense thinking about it that way.

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
When I was a kid, it was Snow White's Scary Adventure. I mean, it has the word scary in it.
Same. But I also hated Sneezy for triggering my misophonia.

Anyway, I still hate Haunted Mansion because my middle brother and I were scared of it as kids, and when I did finally ride it, I was sleep-deprived and it made my disorientation worse (Pooh made it EVEN MORE WORSE.) I hate my eldest brother playing music from the ride for that reason.

It sucks, because I do like the effects. But I'm not the only one alone in this: my classmate hasn't been on it because she thinks it's scary.

The Empress Lilly

Astro Orbiter.

They go surprisingly fast!

I am genuinely scared on only two rides. Indeed the Astro Orbiter, and Mission: Space. I guess I'll never make it as an astronaut. 🤷

LeighM

I was an adult the first time I rode Stitch's Great Escape and I had an anxiety attack when the shoulder guards came down. They went down too far on my shoulder's, was too tight, and it made me feel trapped. I was in tears by the time the ride was over. So I learned no more rides for me that have upper body restraints.

Minnesota disney fan

I was an adult the first time I rode Stitch's Great Escape and I had an anxiety attack when the shoulder guards came down. They went down too far on my shoulder's, was too tight, and it made me feel trapped. I was in tears by the time the ride was over. So I learned no more rides for me that have upper body restraints.
I've never ridden Stitch's Great escape. Why did you have to have upper body restraints? Was it that rough of a ride?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I've never ridden Stitch's Great escape. Why did you have to have upper body restraints? Was it that rough of a ride?
It was for the fear factor - that you couldn’t escape from the alien. As @LeighM said, you were trapped. It was dark and loud, minimal movement from the seats, if at all.

It was the same theater set as Mission to Mars, if you did that decades ago.

Minnesota disney fan

It was for the fear factor - that you couldn’t escape from the alien. As @LeighM said, you were trapped. It was dark and loud, minimal movement from the seats, if at all.

It was the same theater set as Mission to Mars, if you did that decades ago.
Thank you Tuvalu:) I was wondering if it turned you upside down or something? I am glad that I never had the chance to ride that one. It sounds too scary for me, the big chicken, LOL

LeighM

Thank you Tuvalu:) I was wondering if it turned you upside down or something? I am glad that I never had the chance to ride that one. It sounds too scary for me, the big chicken, LOL

That's the thing though - the Stitch ride (never did the Alien one) wasn't scary at all. I thought the attraction was very boring. And I was trapped by shoulder restraints that didn't stop when it felt my shoulders LOL. And that made it feel like the show lasted forever 🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom