Rides with a 3 month old!

WeLuvDisney

Original Poster
We are leaving for WDW in 40 days:)! Super excited! I just had a baby and he will be 3 months when we go. Besides the obvious rides he won't be able to go on, what can I bring him on? Dumbo? Pirates? Toy story? My twin 4 1/2 year old daughters are really excited for him to go on rides with them and I'm hoping he can go on a few!

DRC68

Pretty much any attraction that's slow and meandering like PotC, HM, Winnie the Pooh, SSE,...we took our 3 m.o. DD on a few years ago. She and her 3 y.o. sister both feel asleep on HM!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You can bring him on anything without a height restriction, which is a pretty extensive list and includes Dumbo, Pirates and Toy story.

Having done this many time myself I would highly recommend getting one of those baby carries that go on your chest. They will give the little guy a better view and they free up both of your hands making loading easier and safer.

bib-for-baby-carrier-2108-w470.jpg

wogwog

We are leaving for WDW in 40 days:)! Super excited! I just had a baby and he will be 3 months when we go. Besides the obvious rides he won't be able to go on, what can I bring him on? Dumbo? Pirates? Toy story? My twin 4 1/2 year old daughters are really excited for him to go on rides with them and I'm hoping he can go on a few!
For the rides he will not be allowed on ask a cast member at the attraction to do "baby swap" so the adults and older children can ride.

minniemickeyfan

Took our son when he was 5 months and could go on many of the attractions including the ones you mentioned. The rides that he went on seem to be about the same as the ones I did when I was pregnant. There will be lots for him to do so have fun! I also got my son his first pair of Mickey ears!

Britt

Do you have a wrap or sling? Maybe use that while there? We took my (then) 9 month old and he LOVED PotC, IASW (awesome place to nurse if you need it)...HM, and Jungle Cruise. ANY shows....it's a ton of fun with the little guys. Make sure to get him some ears!!! (And then post pics!!!)

Caitlin Clark

In Magic Kingdom they can go on any ride except Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, The Barnstormer and Stitch's Great Escape. Everything else is fair game! At least until the Mine Train ride opens up. I think Fantasyland is still the beast area for younger children.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Congrats!

I had brought an umbrella stroller for the older and big stroller for infant but actually wound up using the umbrella stroller for the infant. She sucked her little arms and legs into that fetal position and loved it.

I did WDW with my 2 month old baby and there is plenty to keep you busy and baby happy. I carried her in the queues. Be prepared for the ohhhhh, how old, boy or girl about 30 times per queue, along with people wanting to touch the baby, I'm not a fan of that part. OMG after 2 weeks I was sick of the questions even though they were sweet inquires minus the "You know she isn't going to remember this trip" DUH!!! or "you shouldn't have the baby 'out' she can get sick and die" lines. lol. I even took her during flu season.

It was a great trip, family bonding, her brother was almost 5 at the time. We all needed a vacation as she was born at Thanksgiving, then the holidays. My advice half kidding, half not would be to get three first trip buttons. One for his memory box, one for stroller and one for him. On the stroller and his I'd write Its a Boy! And 3 months old on the extra 1st trip buttons.

I took both my kids at a month old.
I take them on anything without a height restriction and the shows.
Like a previous poster said be prepared for a lot of people to stop you and give you their opinions. Also utilize baby care! It is a life saver when wanting to get away.

RunnerFool

I'm sure the characters will get a kick out of him :D please take some pics! Especially, if you decide to go with buying him a pair of mickey ears

mimitchi33

I would recommend any slow rides and as others have said, ones which do not have height restrictions. Also, I would recommend Disney Junior Live as a good choice for young kids. I hope your children have a good time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom