Ride Nicknames Anyone?

Disneyowner182

Original Poster
Do u or ur family have nicknames for disney attractions? like in my family we used to call the skyway the buckets.I'd like to know what ur family calls other rides.

Davis224

The zoo.... ha ha It's soo much more than a zoo though. Zoo seem so disgusting in the way the animals live.

I call the muppet 3d movie the muppet show

Samwayla

Yeah Kicker,
That's exactly what I thought as soon as I read that first post by mktiggerman. Has anyone else seen that commercial? Animal Kingdom is many things, but it's Natazu!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Samwayla
Yeah Kicker,
That's exactly what I thought as soon as I read that first post by mktiggerman. Has anyone else seen that commercial? Animal Kingdom is many things, but it's Natazu!

IHTAZU!!

tinkrbel

we call the TTA "the grandpa peoplemover" because when our youngest granddaughter was still to little to ride SM he would ride the peoplemover while I rode SM with our other granddaughter :)

sig

Splash Nunu or Nunu Mountain, because when we rode it... we were hoping not to get wet but... we got our nunu's wet!

Lance

No nicknames, only thing I can remember, we just call JIYI, simply "Figment." So we would just say, "let's go to Figment." I'm sure everyone else calls it Figment as well.

And the AK is just a zoo in my eyes too!

Luau Cove

Originally posted by Maria
We call SE, "the ball=la bola", in Spanish. It´s way too long and complicated to call it with its real name.

Hahaha, me too!!!

When I was younger "It's a Small World" was "Na na na", or the first notes of the tune. Dreamflight was commonly labelled "Delta", the Little Cars (Autitos) to the "Indy Raceway" and Pirates of the Caribbean is just "Pirates".

-->Luau

Coronado

The MKtigger....is correct ITISAZOO.....MON! We call I-4 and World Drive a parking lot after 10:00 AM......My daughter calls MK the "Mouse House".....My wife calls shoping at WDW the "Visa Maxer"..... and I call it all "my weekend home away from home"

Disney Maniac

Once when my family and I were at the Magic Kingdom, my youngest brother, then about 6, asked if we could go see/go on "Big Lightning Mountain." We all figured that he meant Big Thunder Mountain, and was confusing the two words out of a misunderstanding. So, my Dad asks my brother to lead us to "Big Lightning Mountain." As it was dusk out and people were lining up for the evening parade, we were able to make good time in getting to Frontierland.

Once we crossed over into Frontierland, my brother started leading us away from Big Thunder. My dad stopped him and asked where he was going. He said to "Big Lightning Mountain," of course. We got to the bridge in front of the Splash Mountain drop and my brother stopped. We waited for him to realize his mistake and move onto Big Thunder, but he stood there looking at the Briar Patch and the plunge beyond intentedly.

Suddenly, one of the logs came to the top and went down the drop, triggering the cameras. Excitedly, my brother started shouting, "Big Lightning! Big Lightning!" We finally realized that his "lightning" was actually the camera flashes illuminating the area.

jcmayid

YOU ALL NEED TO REALIZE A FEW THINGS!!!!

Grow up, everything isn't about a ride, AK may have some zoo like qualities but GEEZ, have you ever just taken the time to realize the detail that went into that place?!? It is mind bogling how beautiful AK is, the Tree of Life really takes it all to another level. It just es me off, don't go there then, it'll be emptier when I'm there. Every inch to Animal Kingdom just takes you away, yes there may be animals, IT IS ANIMAL KINGDOM YOU KNOW. They never told you this is full of rides. If that's what you want, go to Busch Gardens. Animal Kingdom is great and I cannot stress enough how much I and my whole family and friends just loved it. You have to look past just the animals, look how they are kept, talk to the CM's, it is all perfect. Ando if you haven't been to a zoo lately, then you'll know that it isn't just a zoo, it is a lot more, but partly zoo YES. They weren't lying when they called it Animal Kingdom. It's not like they called it funhouse or something. Sit back and look at the minor details, it is so much more than all of you are seeing, and I know there are others out there who think just like I do.

Enough ripping!!:sohappy: ;) :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom