Reusing old magic band confusion

DrummerAlly

Original Poster
On my MDE account, I have my magic band from previous trips and also my two daughters that I manage. I have one of their old magic bands. My husband has his own MDE account and another old magic band. I'm traveling to Orlando for a work conference with a colleague and we are spending one day in Animal Kingdom. I purchased two one day - one part tickets that are now linked to my MDE account.

1. Will my magic band from my old trips automatically work for me to enter the park and for my fast passes?
2. How does my colleague enter the park and use fast passes? Will Disney mail me a plastic card for him?
3. Ideally, I'd like to give him my husbands old magic band, but apparently we can't reassign it to him. Instead, can I give him my magic band since I bought the two tickets and I use my daughter's magic band?

Totally confused. Thanks!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Your colleague can’t use any of your family’s magic bands, they are assigned to each individual’s accounts.

You can use your MBs for your own access to parks, etc. Depending how old the MB is the battery may not work for on-ride photos (they usually last two years or more), but will work for park entry and FPS.

For your colleague, you can create an MDE account for him and link his ticket to it. Then you can add him as a friend and create FPs for both of you. Or he can create his own account and you can add him as a friend as well.

DrummerAlly

Original Poster
Your colleague can’t use any of your family’s magic bands, they are assigned to each individual’s accounts.

You can use your MBs for your own access to parks, etc. Depending how old the MB is the battery may not work for on-ride photos (they usually last two years or more), but will work for park entry and FPS.

For your colleague, you can create an MDE account for him and link his ticket to it. Then you can add him as a friend and create FPs for both of you. Or he can create his own account and you can add him as a friend as well.

So, my colleague doesn't have a smart phone and there's no chance he'll figure out Disney's website. I guess I made him a MDE account? I purchased his ticket and put his name on it and then booked FP+s for both of us. So, he and I already have the tickets and the fast passes. I'm just not clear on how he'll actually get to use his. Apparently my magic band is still active, so that's good news.

Rob562

So, my colleague doesn't have a smart phone and there's no chance he'll figure out Disney's website. I guess I made him a MDE account? I purchased his ticket and put his name on it and then booked FP+s for both of us. So, he and I already have the tickets and the fast passes. I'm just not clear on how he'll actually get to use his. Apparently my magic band is still active, so that's good news.

If you have a physical ticket for your friend, they'll just tap the card to the reader for park entrance and FastPasses. Works the same as a Band. (Make sure they use the one assigned to them and not you)

If you bought electronic tickets, you'll have to stop at Guest Services and they'll issue them a card to use.

-Rob

DrummerAlly

Original Poster
If you have a physical ticket for your friend, they'll just tap the card to the reader for park entrance and FastPasses. Works the same as a Band. (Make sure they use the one assigned to them and not you)

If you bought electronic tickets, you'll have to stop at Guest Services and they'll issue them a card to use.

-Rob
Thanks! Is there a way to get him his card ahead of time? Will they mail it to me or is there a location at Disney Springs where we could get it?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Don't forget that the first time you enter a Disney park you get fingerprint scanned. That links the biometrics of your fingerprint to your MDE. And since all one's RFID MagicBands and RFID Entry Cards (the heavy plastic one the size of a credit card) is attached to one's MDE account, well then that links all of your linked MBs and Cards to one's fingerprint.

And that's why using other people's MB/Card for entry into a park won't work.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
1. yes
2. depends on what you did when you purchased them. Did you ask for plastic tickets to be mailed? If yes then they will be. If no then they won't be. If no then you'll have to either go to will call and get a ticket or buy a magic band.
3. no you cannot reassign.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom