~ Return to Amity Island ~

Disneyfanatic!!

Original Poster
I had this crazy idea while wondering about how and where Universal could bring back Jaws.

My idea? Next door.

There's all this speculation about them one day axing the Marvel characters from Islands of Adventure so when that day comes, why don't they swap out Marvel Superhero Island for Amity Island? The criteria for themes used in Islands of Adventure is that it has to be based on literature and be based in or around an island. Amity seems like a great fit. It can feature an all new and improved Jaws attraction, a proper Amity Island with full scale buildings, actual seafood restaurants, a "beach", and a small carnival (with a ferris wheel, small coaster, and one other flat ride as well as the carnival games). They could even have a nightly "Fourth of July" fireworks show in the central lagoon.

Thoughts? :drevil:

Captain Chaos

I had this crazy idea while wondering about how and where Universal could bring back Jaws.

My idea? Next door.

There's all this speculation about them one day axing the Marvel characters from Islands of Adventure so when that day comes, why don't they swap out Marvel Superhero Island for Amity Island? The criteria for themes used in Islands of Adventure is that it has to be based on literature and be based in or around an island. Amity seems like a great fit. It can feature an all new and improved Jaws attraction, a proper Amity Island with full scale buildings, actual seafood restaurants, a "beach", and a small carnival (with a ferris wheel, small coaster, and one other flat ride as well as the carnival games). They could even have a nightly "Fourth of July" fireworks show in the central lagoon.

Why??? Marvel > Jaws.... :)

HenryMystic

My idea? Next door.

They had a proper Amity Island, and Marvel isn't going anywhere.

Timekeeper

Agreed - that Marvel isn't going anywhere. Intellectual property ownership and licensing is a very, very complex issue, but under no (realistic) circumstances will theme park A have to remove all of its installations due to theme park B's acquisitions. The only (unrealistic) scenario would be if theme park B "bought out" theme park A's interest in the attractions by offering them the funds to remove and replace all of those applicable attractions (offering them the money to "give up" their rights). And theme park B probably doesn't want to "help" theme park A build its "next big thing."

As for all of these "ways to bring back Jaws" ideas, let's just allow those shared desires to live as a continued testament to how GOOD Jaws really was. You don't often see that kind of sentiment with extinct attractions. Horizons is another good example. QUALITY attractions are few and far between these days. Jaws was - undoubtedly - one of them.

StageFrenzy

As for all of these "ways to bring back Jaws" ideas, let's just allow those shared desires to live as a continued testament to how GOOD Jaws really was. You don't often see that kind of sentiment with extinct attractions. Horizons is another good example. QUALITY attractions are few and far between these days. Jaws was - undoubtedly - one of them.

You never know what you really have till its gone.:(
The theme and placing, the creepy shed part, the smell all combine into a solid attraction. Like all things i think i remember it a little more rosy than it really was.

Millionaire2K

It would be dumb to spend all the $$ to remake a ride based on a dated movie. Lets hope that if they every change that island they have already replaced Toon Lagoon.

Timekeeper

You never know what you really have till its gone.:(

The theme and placing, the creepy shed part, the smell all combine into a solid attraction. Like all things i think i remember it a little more rosy than it really was.

You're absolutely right! I am guilty of taking my annual passes and Jaws for granted. All those visits when I could have ridden it just a few more times... :cry:

Millionaire2K

You're absolutely right! I am guilty of taking my annual passes and Jaws for granted. All those visits when I could have ridden it just a few more times... :cry:

I'll agee with this. I visited over 20 times in the last 4 years of Jaws and only rode it maybe twice.

Most recent was this past Oct where my family rode and I stayed off to relax on a darn bench. :brick:

cheezbat

For some reason this past year I rode it more than I had in the previous five years combined...and after the announcement that it was closing, I was so very glad I had taken so many extra trips to Amity. The ride became a classic to me...and it's missed by me quite a bit now.

I sure hope Potter phase 2 is as amazing as its sounding.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom