Restaurant suggestions for each park

Haniel

Original Poster
So I finally booked my vacation with the PSD package. I want to take full advantage of the dinning plan, since it cost a pretty penny, and want to know what the best quick service restaurants and table service restaurants are in each park. Tell me what your favorite dish is at this restaurant.

This is probably the parks we would visit and order of them(no park hopper):
1.MK
2.HS or AK
3.Epcot
4.HS or AK
5.MK

I would like to see any closing show at each park (like the MK parade Epcot Fireworks) so I'm trying to schedule dinner at the park we would be in. Is there a schedule for these shows or are they at a set time each day?

Magic kingdom you can do crystal palace that is a great choice for dinner hollywood studios we love 50's prime time it is good comfort food and fun atmosphere animal kingdom usually closes early so maybe that night go into a resort for dinner. Epcot we have tried most of the countries and you can't go wrong with any of them. If you go on my disney experience you will be able to find out times of parades and shows. Also do you have young kids who want to do character dinners

zurgandfriend

Magic Kingdom - QS Cosmic Rays TS Crystal Palace but to be honest I would rather take the monorail over the the Grand Floridian Cafe, Ohana, or Kona Cafe. or Signature California Grill
Epcot - QS Sunshine Seasons TS Tutto Italia or Rose and Crown and again I would rather walk out the back gate and go to Yachtsman Steakhouse
AK - QS Flame tree TS Yak and Yeti but again head over to the AKL for Jiko, Boma or Sanaa
DHS see @Trotsky entry above

Mrs.Toad

Magic Kingdom - The Plaza - steak fries that are different from the standard park fries - Burgers and sandwiches as a nice sit down lunch. They do dinner and of course ice cream, sundaes, etc. But the cheesesteak is killer. Thin, chopped steak in the vein of Philly-style. diced pepper and onions. Absolutely no grease or gristle. Really good. The bread was a hoagie roll. And they use this White American cheese with a tang. Great experience here and I could kick myself for not trying it sooner.

Epcot - Flying Fish - Just check out that menu - Atmosphere, quality, portions, everything is amazing. They also have the best potatoes au gratin, I have ever had in my life. And I have been to some of the nicest steakhouses. There's is better so far. And that mac and cheese with cream and leek is out of control. We did the crab cake, cheese plate, steak, pork. Everything was amazing. Now I have to go back for the potato-encrusted snapper that many rave about.

HS - Brown Derby - Check the menu because it changes. Just amazing on all counts. A stand-alone in the Park and really most of WDW. But for atmosphere and more casual food, the Sci-Fi. 50's is the same to, and if you don't get reservations, or if you are not traveling with children, eat at the Tune-In Lounge Bar. Also, if you would like to walk the park like Epcot, and travel with a nice glass of wine, beer, or whatever, they will serve to go in plastic cups. My husband and I got a nice cocktail and sat looking over Echo Lake. It doesn't get any better than that.

AK - I only do sit down at Rainforest and it depends what your order. But the goal next time is Yak and Yeti. I see mostly good reviews for that place. But I can't say anything because I've never eaten there.

Dwarful

I agree with Trotsky that better choices can be found out of the parks.

However, if you are traveling with children and have a short trip then I can understand saving the time. Here are my suggestions:

1. MK - Cosmic Rays, BoG or Pecos Bills for QS
Table service - Cinderella's Royal Table, BoG, or Crystal Palace for dinner. CP has a decent, but pricey character meal.

2. HS - No favorite for QS
Table service - 50s prime time or sci - fi are both fun for the family.

3. Epcot - Sunshine Seasons - for quick service.
Table service - Biergarten - buffet in Germany, decent food, nice show, relaxing, fun and not too time consuming.

4. AK - Flame Tree for quick service
Table service - we always leave and hit Yachtsmans or another resort dining option.

Dad 2 M & M

Snacks

MK
- Liberty Square Market - can't beat the baked or sweet potato for a snack credit
- Sleepy Hollow - many sweet treats here
Epcot
- Norway & Germany
DHS
- Writer's Stop - Carrot cake cookie

QS

MK
- Columbia Harbour House - off the burger/fry path
Epcot
-Sunshine Seasons - many choices here
AK
- Flame Tree BBQ
DHS
- Starring Rolls - Huge sandwiches

TS

MK - not really much to chose
- Liberty Tree Tavern
Epcot
-Le Cellier - great steaks, cheese soup, and assorted breads
DHS
-SciFi - Really cool joint with fair to decent grub
AK
-Yak & Yeti - underrated....great Asian fare with scrumptious desserts

Haniel

Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestions, I will definitely look those places up. Does the meal include beverage with the DP?

sophie_the_pooh

MK: I love Crystal Palace, good food and lots of interaction with Pooh and friends. I also recommend BoG for lunch, best food quality and ambiance for a QS.
AK: Tusker House (TS) has a good buffet, plus you get to meet Mickey and friends. Flame tree BBQ is a nice QS, especially the outdoor seating area.
DHS: Hollywood Brown Derby for couples and Sci-Fi Dine In for families. I like Backlot express (QS) or Studio Cathering, good food selection.
Epcot: I would use only TS credits, there are so many good restaurants: Coral Reef, Rose & Crown, Chefs de France, ... Too many choices!

TXDisney

Ya your MK days especially I'd look at resort restaurants at The Contemporary, Polynesian and GF. We happen to love California Grill and Ohana!!!

EPSmyth

Well, I hit quite a few places my last trip because we got a dining plan that was WAAAY more than we needed.
Places I can suggest that I really liked...
As a note, I'm a bit of a carnivore ^_^
Magic Kingdom
Crystal Palace- This might not have been the food, so much as my love for Pooh and friends. Either way, I enjoyed it
Gaston's Tavern(QS)- Ok, so, there was a drink there that was outstanding(but expensive for something without alcohol) and if you eat pork, the roast thing they have here is AWESOME. Also, this place is just cool looking. I suggest at least stopping in.

Epcot
Nine Dragons!!! We went down during the food and wine festival, and stumbled into this place(sober) just because we wanted to sit and eat a real meal, away from the crowds. Everything was excellent, and I suggest this place to everyone now.

Downtown Disney(no need for park admission)
T-Rex cafe- Good ribs, good steak, lots of fun.
Earl of Sandwich- Good, but the line was crazy long so I don't know if it's worth it.

Resorts
Whispering Canyon Cafe (MK area, Wilderness Lodge)- All you can eat bbq. Free refills on milkshakes included with dining plan. If I need to say more, I don't think I can help you!

Hoss

MK - Liberty Tree if you aren't going for character dining. BOG for lunch.
AK - Love the Tusker House breakfast buffet with characters for the kids.
EC - Can't go wrong in the World Showcase, my fav in future world is the Coral Reef, food is good, atmosphere makes it
HS - 50s Prime Time Diner, especially if your wait staff plays along with the theme

Launchpad McQuack

If you love the Disney experience, especially when it comes to Fantasyland and the movies, I cannot recommend Be Our Guest strongly enough. We went there last month (once for dinner and once for lunch), and we absolutely loved it both times. The atmosphere is great, and we really liked the food, as well.

TXDisney

Gosh I wanna go BOG so bad. I've now been 5 times since it's opened and still haven't been able to go in. This last trip was our only time we really could have done a reservation. Every other trip we had too many people to go. The reservations were booked so fast.

Haniel

Original Poster
That's exactly what happened to us, it booked for every day we are there..haven't checked lunch time..I may do that.

The Incredible Schmulk

I'll give you my in and out of park opinion for casual and signature dining on each one, but like others have said, your best option is usually outside of the park gates:

Magic Kingdom
Inside Park:
Casual - Be Our Guest
Signature - Meh...
Outside Park:
Casual - Grand Floridian Cafe
Signature - California Grill

Epcot
Inside Park:
Casual - Rose & Crown
Signature - Monsieur Paul
Outside Park:
Casual - Captain's Grille
Signature - Flying Fish (Since you indicated that you were on the dining plan, I'm excluding bluezoo, Il Mulino and Shula's)

Hollywood Studios
Inside Park:
Casual - Sci-Fi Dine-In
Signature - Hollywood Brown Derby
Outside Park:
Casual - See Epcot
Signature - See Epcot

Animal Kingdom
Inside Park:
Casual - Yak & Yeti
Signature - Is there even an option?
Outside Park:
Casual - Sanaa
Signature - Jiko

Also, as a bonus...

Downtown Disney
Inside Park:
Casual - Raglan Road
Signature - The Dining Room at Wolfgang Puck, I guess? I don't really care for Fulton's.
Outside Park:
Casual - Boatwright's Dining Hall
Signature - Why doesn't Saratoga have a signature? It's certainly big enough to support it.

Other Resorts

Outside Park
:
Casual - Olivia's Cafe
Casual - Kona Cafe
Signature - Artist's Point
Signature - Yachtsman Steakhouse

s&k'smom

I have to agree if you have time the resorts have wonderful places to eat however on a time crunch here's where we go.

MK-Columbia Harbor House
DS-50's, best chocolate shakes!
Epcot-counter service at Morocco (for the life of me I can' remember the name but yummy), Rose and Crown was really fun too
AK-Flame Tree Barbecue-probably once of the nicest counter service in all of WDW, we go there very trip and always good.

Sammy Mouse

There are so many yummy options to choose from.

MK
Crystal palace with Winnie the pooh and friends is a must do with young children.
BOG is beautiful and good for any little princesses you may have.
Tony's if you like Italian food.
Or like many people have said jump on the monorail and head over to Ohana!

AK
We like to catch a bus to one of the AK resorts and try something new. Sanna is my fave.

DHS
We love to get our fast pass seating for Fantasmic so we always eat at the Hollywood and Vine. It's buffet so you can't go wrong with the choice. Other places offer the passes too.

Epcot
Well the choices are endless just pick a country.
My picks are Tutto Italia and Nine Dragons. The food at both is beautiful!
You can't go wrong really!

DD
T-Rex and Rainforest for kids. The food isn't bad either.

Best tip - I agree with everyone else try the resorts, the food is amazing!

Bparso87

The parks food can be pretty average there are a few gems but hitting a resort is the way to go

MK- BOG food is average but atmosphere is great

Day two I would go to Ohana great place but if u stay in the park liberty tree is not horrible

Epcot- via Napoli or Teppan edo

Hollywood studios- do not eat in the parks unless it is HBD if someone told me I would loose a arm if I didn't eat here and couldn't pick HBD it would be mama melrose

AK- none go to boma, jiko or sannaa

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom