Restaurant Dilemma!!

ABQ

Our actual favorite is prepared in our own kitchen at a DVC resort...but many will never consider cooking while on vacation.
Is that what this weird area in our room was for?

Wilderness-Lodge-2-bedroom-villa-14.jpg

RobynSheila

We are on the Deluxe dining plan when we go in June. I have one more restaurant spot to fill. We are going to Animal Kingdom that day and eating bfast at Tusker House and lunch at Rain Forest Cafe. I was thinking maybe T-Rex but since we are eating lunch at Rain Forest Cafe those are both pretty much the same. So, here's some other options I'm looking at. These are all restaurants I've never eaten at before so it'll be something new.

Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe
Planet Hollywood
Beaches & Cream
Big River Grille
The Wave
Grand Floridian Cafe
Boatwrights

Any opinions to help me make my decision??!! :cat:

Do you eat at 3 restaurants each day?! :O

Tony the Tigger

We are on the Deluxe dining plan when we go in June. I have one more restaurant spot to fill. We are going to Animal Kingdom that day and eating bfast at Tusker House and lunch at Rain Forest Cafe. I was thinking maybe T-Rex but since we are eating lunch at Rain Forest Cafe those are both pretty much the same. So, here's some other options I'm looking at. These are all restaurants I've never eaten at before so it'll be something new.

Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe
Planet Hollywood
Beaches & Cream
Big River Grille
The Wave
Grand Floridian Cafe
Boatwrights

I would say The Wave and Boatwrights are "just OK" but also they tend to have lower price points so even if the food was stupendous I would think you would be wasting your credits there.

LRnascarfan

Original Poster
Do you eat at 3 restaurants each day?! :O
Yes, we space out our meals. Being a single mom who lives paycheck to paycheck we don't get to eat out ever at home (except maybe a $5 hot n ready from Little Caesars every now and then) so on vacation we make the most of it!! They want to be able to experience the nice restaurants so we splurge!!

RobynSheila

Yes, we space out our meals. Being a single mom who lives paycheck to paycheck we don't get to eat out ever at home (except maybe a $5 hot n ready from Little Caesars every now and then) so on vacation we make the most of it!! They want to be able to experience the nice restaurants so we splurge!!

do you run out of table service credits then? I thought you only get 1 table service credit a dayo_O now I'm confused! we do the dining plan when we go 1 TS 1 QS and 1 Snack? do you have a different dining plan to us? I'm not being rude just really interested, I'm new on to the forums:D

LRnascarfan

Original Poster
do you run out of table service credits then? I thought you only get 1 table service credit a dayo_O now I'm confused! we do the dining plan when we go 1 TS 1 QS and 1 Snack? do you have a different dining plan to us? I'm not being rude just really interested, I'm new on to the forums:D

We do the deluxe dining. It is 3 table credits a day and 2 snacks per person per day.

RobynSheila

We do the deluxe dining. It is 3 table credits a day and 2 snacks per person per day.

Oh sorry I didn't read properly where you said Deluxe originally! am I correct in saying the 3 credits can either be sit down or quick service? I bet you fit loads of restaurants in a day so amazing, may have to look into that for next time, although I feel like I would waste a lot of food:(! do you have any favourites? I love Tony's, be our guest, rain forest and planet hollywood!:hungry:

21stamps

Same here...do you live near me? LOL :eek:
Not anymore...but I'm still there often. Moved from SoFla to the Midwest almost 3 years ago now. Ask me when winter hits if I regret my decision ;)

I've been to Rainforest Cafe in Sawgrass too many times.. mistakenly brought kiddo once and now he always wants to go back. I hate going anywhere near that mall...but it's an excuse to also fit in an airboat ride.lol I enjoy Shula's but there are plenty of better restaurants that I'd choose over it. Timpano and Jimmy V's are my faves in Ft Lauderdale. RIP Jackson's :( -They were the best... and Samba Room...how I miss their mojitos :( It was a sad day for me when those restaurants closed. I think I spent about 5 years of my life at Samba Room's happy hour. ;)

Last edited:

LRnascarfan

Original Poster
Oh sorry I didn't read properly where you said Deluxe originally! am I correct in saying the 3 credits can either be sit down or quick service? I bet you fit loads of restaurants in a day so amazing, may have to look into that for next time, although I feel like I would waste a lot of food:(! do you have any favourites? I love Tony's, be our guest, rain forest and planet hollywood!:hungry:

Yes, you can use them for table or quick service. We do have a couple favorites. My youngest daughter loves Sci Fi Dine In. She is really into movies, wants to work in the film industry. Another one we always eat at is Liberty Tree Tavern. This is one of my all around favorites!! We also always visit Chef Mickey and Ohana for Breakfast. We are trying some new places we haven't been before this next trip. Looking forward to that!!

RobynSheila

Yes, you can use them for table or quick service. We do have a couple favorites. My youngest daughter loves Sci Fi Dine In. She is really into movies, wants to work in the film industry. Another one we always eat at is Liberty Tree Tavern. This is one of my all around favorites!! We also always visit Chef Mickey and Ohana for Breakfast. We are trying some new places we haven't been before this next trip. Looking forward to that!!

We love Sci-Fi too!! I had the shrimp pasta last time was sooooo yummy! we eat at Chef Mickeys for breakfast for 1 morning, but this time we are eating there for dinner too which we haven't done before. I wanted to try Ohana but we couldn't fit it in :( Where else are you trying? We're trying a few new ones this time, can't wait to be back only 25 Days to go:eek:

LRnascarfan

Original Poster
Where else are you trying? We're trying a few new ones this time, can't wait to be back only 25 Days to go:eek:

Here is the rundown I have so far (some are subject to possible change as I don't make ADR's until Dec 27th!!:

Day 1 arrival day
The Plaza (L)
Be Our Guest (D)
Day 2
Tusker House (B)
Rainforest Cafe (L)
Dinner is still up in the air
Day 3
Ohana (B)
Coral Reef (L)
La Hacienda de San Angel (D)
Day 4
1900 Park Fare (B)
Liberty Tree Tavern (L)
Chef Mickey's (D)
Day 5
Cape May Cafe (B)
Sci Fi Dine In (L)
Mama Melrose's (D) - With Fantasmic
Day 6
Whispering Canyon Cafe (B)
Garden Grill (L)
50's Prime Time Cafe (D)??? may switch to something else
Day 7 (day we leave :()
Chef Mickey's (B)
Earl of Sandwich (L) - this one will be out of pocket as we won't haven't any credits left; and depends on when flight leaves.

RobynSheila

Here is the rundown I have so far (some are subject to possible change as I don't make ADR's until Dec 27th!!:

Day 1 arrival day
The Plaza (L)
Be Our Guest (D)
Day 2
Tusker House (B)
Rainforest Cafe (L)
Dinner is still up in the air
Day 3
Ohana (B)
Coral Reef (L)
La Hacienda de San Angel (D)
Day 4
1900 Park Fare (B)
Liberty Tree Tavern (L)
Chef Mickey's (D)
Day 5
Cape May Cafe (B)
Sci Fi Dine In (L)
Mama Melrose's (D) - With Fantasmic
Day 6
Whispering Canyon Cafe (B)
Garden Grill (L)
50's Prime Time Cafe (D)??? may switch to something else
Day 7 (day we leave :()
Chef Mickey's (B)
Earl of Sandwich (L) - this one will be out of pocket as we won't haven't any credits left; and depends on when flight leaves.
Some great choices! a lot are similar to what I'm doing too!!

LRnascarfan

Original Poster
Some great choices! a lot are similar to what I'm doing too!!

Due to the fact that we don't eat out alot we are kind of "scared" to try places we aren't use to so we pick alot of places that do have foods that are new to us. Don't want to risk not liking something and wasting a credit!! We are all kind of picky!! We usually stick to American, Mexican (usually tex-mex), Japanese and seafood. But, it looks like most places have at least a New York Strip on the menu!! Steaks always a good choice!!

kmac

I'd like to throw in a recommendation for the Yak & Yeti at Animal Kingdom, if it's on the dining plan. I would put it ahead of Rainforest Cafe, especially if you're considering T-Rex. It's Asian but they have a varied menu so you don't have to be too adventurous if you don't want to be. Their fried rice and tuna "nachos" are out of this world, and I've seen people get steak there (too expensive for me not on the DDP) which looks ah-mazing. Also I've always had servers who are super nice and would probably provide good recommendations (I guess this is true of most places at Disney). I hope you have a great time!

S 2

Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe
Planet Hollywood
Beaches & Cream
Big River Grille
The Wave
Grand Floridian Cafe
Boatwrights

It's not on your list, but they were at LA FRONTERA COCINA in Disney springs on the chew today and I rearranged my itinerary to make sure I go there next trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom