Resort

WDW2010

Hey everyone, as some of you know I just came back in the begining of the month from Disney World (2nd visit) and now I may have a second round at it :)

So I was wondering, it MIGHT be just my girlfriend and I or her parents and sister. Which resort would you reccomend? I've only to been to Orlando/Disney twice 2 year in a row but they are used to staying off property. When they do stay off property its usually in a decent or really nice resort.

I've currently been looking at a few resorts online and was wondering which will give us more bang for our buck. Pop Century value resorts or Coronado Springs? Is there any other resorts out there that you guys think? Again, it will either just be my girlfriend and I or her family which will be 5 guests all together, thanks!

WDWmazprty

Well, more bang for your buck will probably be Pop Century, Its a value resort, but decent enough to have a room. Unless, you plan on relaxing in your room a lot, I wouldnt waste the money on a more expensive hotel.

If her family comes and its 5 of you, I would suggest Port Orleans Riverside. Nice rooms that accomodate 5, and still a great deal. Coronado is also a good one for this as well.:wave:

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The value resorts are fine if all you want is a place to shower and sleep. If you want something with more theming, table service restaurant, etc then the moderates will be a good choice. Coronado in particular is one of my favorite ones.

Upvote 0

duff527

The value resorts just seem to motel-ish for my taste. I've never stayed at one but I've visited the All-Star and PC and it just doesn't appeal to me. The larger than life props and decor just feel tacky. Also, the moderate resorts are probably less busy with kids. Obviously WDW is the largest family vacation destination in the world and there's going to be a ton of kids no matter where ya go, but the moderate resorts seem a little more tranquil. I've stayed at PO Riverside(1x), Coronado Springs(1x), and Caribbean Beach(6x). To me, the moderate resorts provide the right amount of luxury/amenities without the big dollars you'd spend at a deluxe resort only to spend very little of your trip there.

Upvote 0

DaGoof00

Out of those two, I would recommend Coronado Springs. Has the best food court IMO. In addition, it is a very relaxing atmosphere, with a great pool area, as well as quiet pools. The recently refurbished rooms are a plus as well! Have fun!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

WDW2010

Original Poster
Thanks for all the insight everyone, great help! I've been looking more into Coronado Springs, AK Lodge just because I love AK, and with your suggestions I will look more into the moderate resorts. All the responses were great and I appreciate all the great help!

We wouldn't be spending much time in our resort to be honest, but I know for a fact we're all used to staying in more "luxurious" condos and such on vacations. Not sure if her family is still going it might just be the two of us but I want to enjoy every moment of it regardless where I am:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom