Resort Pacakages & Superstar Shuttle??

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Has anyone ever booked a Resort Package through Universal's site? I have booked a room only reservation before and it took out the first nights deposit for the stay...Do they do the same with the Resort bundle (Room + Tickets + Etc)?

Also with staying at Universal I have read up about the Airport shuttle Exclusive to Universal Resort Guests...Is there a way this can be booked for "Room Only" guests or do you Have to get a resort Bundle package to get to use this?

trr1

I found this at the Universal Site
Airport Transportation
Universal’s SuperStar Shuttle offers Round Trip Transfers from Orlando International Airport to the Universal Orlando Resort® On-Site Hotels; Loews Cabana Bay Beach Resort, Loews Sapphire Falls Resort, Loews Royal Pacific Resort, Hard Rock Hotel and Loews Portofino Bay Resort. This product can be added to any Universal Parks and Resorts Vacations®package. It will not only include Airport Transfer but it will also include NEW Welcome Concierge desks located at both Universal Studios Stores with the Orlando International Airport and Pre–Printing of all travel documents and tickets. Call 1-877-801-9720 for more information and pricing. Fees apply.

• Departure Point from Airport: Welcome Concierge Desk at the Universal Studios Store
  • Departure Point from Hotels: Porte Cochere of each hotel

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
I found this at the Universal Site
Airport Transportation
Universal’s SuperStar Shuttle offers Round Trip Transfers from Orlando International Airport to the Universal Orlando Resort® On-Site Hotels; Loews Cabana Bay Beach Resort, Loews Sapphire Falls Resort, Loews Royal Pacific Resort, Hard Rock Hotel and Loews Portofino Bay Resort. This product can be added to any Universal Parks and Resorts Vacations®package. It will not only include Airport Transfer but it will also include NEW Welcome Concierge desks located at both Universal Studios Stores with the Orlando International Airport and Pre–Printing of all travel documents and tickets. Call 1-877-801-9720 for more information and pricing. Fees apply.

• Departure Point from Airport: Welcome Concierge Desk at the Universal Studios Store
  • Departure Point from Hotels: Porte Cochere of each hotel

So basically it's just for Packages and not Room only.....Welp...Guess it's Mears then..

Ipswich1984

So basically it's just for Packages and not Room only.....Welp...Guess it's Mears then..

We've booked via British Airways to stay at Sapphire Falls, I called with the room booking number I found via my booking on ththe BA website and I have managed to book the superstar shuttle without booking the hotel/flights via Universal.

I had to book via phone though as no way of doing it online, so definitely worth calling them and asking to book it.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
We've booked via British Airways to stay at Sapphire Falls, I called with the room booking number I found via my booking on ththe BA website and I have managed to book the superstar shuttle without booking the hotel/flights via Universal.

I had to book via phone though as no way of doing it online, so definitely worth calling them and asking to book it.

try calling the number and asking

I'm pretty much in the planning stages right now..I'll give it try and see what can be done..:)

JoeCamel

I would try one of the limo services, they end up being the same price if you have three-four and you get a dedicated driver with a grocery stop if you you want.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
I would try one of the limo services, they end up being the same price if you have three-four and you get a dedicated driver with a grocery stop if you you want.

Well, I'm a solo traveler...That's why I wanted to find out about the exclusive universal resort shuttle...

Ipswich1984

Well, I'm a solo traveler...That's why I wanted to find out about the exclusive universal resort shuttle...

I wouldn't expect there being any problem, when I called I just gave them my hotel booking reference and then they took my flight information, I got email conformation immediately too.

I thought the prices were quite reasonable too especially as there was only 2 of us and seemed a lot better option than other shuttles that seemed to stop at other hotels than Universal.

sandam1

Yes, you can book the SuperStar Shuttle with a room-only reservation. I did it back in February. (I have an annual pass so I wasn't purchasing a package).

HOWEVER, I would HIGHLY discourage people from this shuttle. My friend and I were planning a quick, cheap Universal-only trip. My friend was staying in Florida to visit family so she only needed one-way transport and a private car (what we usually do) just didn't make too much sense. The trip to the hotel was okay. There was a short (15-20 minute) wait for the van and then we had one drop-off at another Universal hotel before we got to our hotel. But the trip back was a nightmare! I was supposed to be picked up 3 hours before my departure time. I finally got picked up over an hour late (after two increasingly frantic calls to the shuttle company) and arrived at the airport 25 minutes before my boarding time. Thank God for the pre-check line or there is NO way I would have made my flight.

When I got back, I contacted both Universal and the Super shuttle people (keep in mind this shuttle is run by a completely different company) and neither one seemed particularly disturbed by what happened, which leads me to believe that this snafu is not uncommon. I finally got a refund for my trip, but it took several phone calls. Frankly, all I truly wanted was an apology. I pledged never again! From now on, I will spend the extra money. My peace of mind is worth it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom