Resort buses

NormC

The buses work fine. Never had to wait excessively long for a bus anywhere on property. I have had to wait because the first one filled up after fireworks but that is expected. The longest wait was to strap in some scooters.

lebeau

Perhaps there's a difference depending on what time of the year one visits. Admittedly, we strategize and choose weeks of the year with lower crowd levels. All of our more recent visits have been during weeks that were rated in the top 10 on the "Your First Visit" site (e.g., early October, early May).

That was my first thought when I read that your experience was so different from mine. But then I remembered that the last time we went in 2014, you went just a week or so before us. Our last trip was late May 2014. We avoid the really bad times like Christmas and spring break. And I think having younger kids makes us more sensitive to the shortcomings of the bus system. Since we go back to the hotel for an afternoon break, we have twice as many bus trips as someone who stays at the parks all day.

It's all relative. Perhaps your family could have the exact same bus waits as ours and think nothing of it. I can just say that for us, the buses have become a major obstacle to us going back to Disney World. We went to Universal last summer and greatly appreciated the fact that everything was within walking distance and Cabana Bay always had buses available. We never had to wait for a bus there. The next time I bring up Disney World, the missus will tell me "no" but she would consider Universal. And that's all because of her hatred of Disney transportation.

YozhikRoth

The buses are what they need to be, clean and reliable. Like any other city, efficiency is affected by how many people are using it. Last time we visited during Christmas, we may have had to wait 15-20 minutes to get onto a bus (I personally thought the dispatching was off as we would get 2-3 Epcot or AK buses for every MK bus). Leaving the parks, considering the mobs was handled about as efficiently as possible. You're always going to have situations of guests refusing to move to the rear to accommodate other guest, hyper kids and such......just go with it.

PhotoDave219

The buses are what they need to be, clean and reliable. Like any other city, efficiency is affected by how many people are using it. Last time we visited during Christmas, we may have had to wait 15-20 minutes to get onto a bus (I personally thought the dispatching was off as we would get 2-3 Epcot or AK buses for every MK bus). Leaving the parks, considering the mobs was handled about as efficiently as possible. You're always going to have situations of guests refusing to move to the rear to accommodate other guest, hyper kids and such......just go with it.

Not quite. Efficiency has to do with how much money the resort is paying for transportation services.

Each resort pays for transportation service, broken down to X number buses per hour for an individual destination. Like POFQ, lets say they pay for six buses for the Studios per hour. And suddenly its 2:45 and they've only had four come through for that hour. Then you will see a glob of buses go through very quickly in a short amount of time. (Just an example, not actual numbers)

Also... similarly its why Contemporary/GFla/Poly will all share some bus routes: They also have to pay for Monorail service and Boat Service.

Rachel S1321

I would like to see paper towel dispensers so people would wipe their butt sweat off the seats before we get on. Nothing grosser then trying to find a seat and its just puddles of sweat! Okay not puddles but sweat prints on the seats....yuk! But over all the bus for us is a way to and from the parks with out the expense of renting a car. Generally we've had good experiences, great drivers, and easy rides. I am very thankful for the bus ride, not so much sweaty seats ;)

KikoKea

We always use park transportation and have been pleased. We go when crowds are low(er) and try to avoid the busiest times for buses or monorails. For example, we linger after closing and take our time getting out the gate. For us, it sure beats having to pay for a car and deal with driving.

blueboxdoctor

They're more a necessary evil than anything. Ideally, I'd have monorails going everywhere (I understand it's not very practical to do that, but maybe add one going to Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios), but that's also due to me getting motion sickness on buses in general (all the hard stopping and starting coupled with a floaty ride). They do what they are supposed to but when given the option, I'll take a monorail or boat to get around.

blueboxdoctor

Not a transportation expert, but I don't know of a more efficient and cost effective way to transport tens of thousands of people daily around an area covering 6000 - 7000 acres. Until we have perfected teleporting a la Star Trek, I think we will be stuck with some method of mass transit.

Disney buses are certainly nicer and more efficient than what Universal has implemented.

However, what's with the music on the buses going to/from Disney Springs? We were there this past weekend for MNSSHP and the music on the bus was the most annoying I've heard.

Speaking for the music, each resort has a music selection, which I agree is usually odd, at least for the Wilderness Lodge it is. I believe the drivers have to switch it when they hit certain checkpoints, at least that's what I gathered when I over heard a bus driver talking to someone as I walked by on to a bus.

pug

And some of them are 2015s. They are only about 12 weeks old. It's the ones with the sliver hub caps.

HatboxGhost

For the most part it has been a good experience with the exception of the CBR which had waits up to 30-40 minutes. Hopefully its changed since then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom