Resort advice

tinkerbell24

Ok I'd be grateful for a little help here please.
OH and I are currently having a debate on which resort to try next time. We were originally going to book POR as we loved it here last time but we are now considering another mod. At first we were thinking CSR as it was getting great reviews but also seen that its a convention centre so that got us thinking CBR might be better for dd but have been hearing its getting a bit run down.
I know these reviews can sometimes be a bit exaggerated and since its disney, all resorts will be good for kids. so this is where your words of wisdom would be much appreciated. What are your experiences at these resorts? Our dd will be 5 when we return so where would you recommend for us? Try another resort or stick to what we know? Any advice at all would be great thanks!

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Ok I'd be grateful for a little help here please.
OH and I are currently having a debate on which resort to try next time. We were originally going to book POR as we loved it here last time but we are now considering another mod. At first we were thinking CSR as it was getting great reviews but also seen that its a convention centre so that got us thinking CBR might be better for dd but have been hearing its getting a bit run down.
I know these reviews can sometimes be a bit exaggerated and since its disney, all resorts will be good for kids. so this is where your words of wisdom would be much appreciated. What are your experiences at these resorts? Our dd will be 5 when we return so where would you recommend for us? Try another resort or stick to what we know? Any advice at all would be great thanks!

If you were to switch i would say don't be put off by the whole "convention center" thing.

Upvote 0

tinkerbell24

Original Poster
Thanks for your reply. I'm not so much worried about conventioneers as such. It just seems like a more 'grown up' resort. I was just wondering if it effects the holiday feel or if CBR would suit us more! I know there are a lot of posts regarding which mod resort is best, but I was just looking for some advice regarding your experiences and your opinions on what you think would suit us best based on your time there. Reading posts and reviews can make it hard to make a decision so I thought I'd ask for a bit of help :)

Upvote 0

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Thanks for your reply. I'm not so much worried about conventioneers as such. It just seems like a more 'grown up' resort. I was just wondering if it effects the holiday feel or if CBR would suit us more! I know there are a lot of posts regarding which mod resort is best, but I was just looking for some advice regarding your experiences and your opinions on what you think would suit us best based on your time there. Reading posts and reviews can make it hard to make a decision so I thought I'd ask for a bit of help :)

Much as i like CS ,If you have stayed @ POR before and like it then go back there,Or try a split stay

Upvote 0

KCheatle

You won't even realize CSR is a convention center. We didn't. The pool is still great for kids and the majority of the people there are not there for conventions. I haven't stayed at CBR, so I can't give you a true comparison. I will say that one of the pros of CSR is that the rooms are really nice. We very much enjoyed our room at CSR. The pool is also very fun and the slide is great.

My only complaint with CSR is the size of it. It's a lot of walking from Point A to Point B. We also stayed in the Ranchos (which were the furthest buildings from the lobby/cafeteria). Had we stayed in one of the other two areas it may have been better. But, it was a serious walk from our room to get breakfast in the morning and there were a few times when my daughter (who was 3 at the time) would get back to the room and after a long day just want a glass of milk and some grapes or something and either my DH or I would have to trek all the way to the cafeteria and back. It was exhausting.

Otherwise, it's a beautiful resort and is not too "adult" themed IMO.

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

We used to stay at CBR, but as others have said, the rooms are getting run down. The grounds are great! We are still thinking of switching, but after our last experience, no way. POR has the new Royal Rooms, and it is beautiful as well, just not that tropical feel we like. But we are opting for a Royal room on the river. Why? It's new. And the grounds are beautiful as well. CRS, never been, but like you said, convention center atmosphere.

Upvote 0

luv

First of all, do not let the fact that convention people stay there steer you away from CSR, the Beach Club, etc. It isn't like they make you go to meetings with those people.

CBR looks fantastic from the outside. I haven't been in one of their rooms in a year, but they needed help a year ago, lol.

If you want to try something new, you should. Be brave and explore! :)

Upvote 0

captainkidd

CR, Dolphin, GFR, and Swan are all convention resorts as well! I can assume most who have stayed in any of those resorts noticed or were even bothered much by the conventioniers so if I were you I wouldn't worry much about your stay at CSR! Opt for a room in either the Cabanas, Ranchos or in 2/4 of the Casitas and I am certain you will be very happy.

Of those, I've only stayed at the Grand Floridian, and we didn't notice the convention vibe at all. We've visited the Contemporary many times for meals, and that definitely has a convention vibe to it. You see just as many people wearing suits as Mickey Ears there.

Grand Floridian, Boardwalk and Yacht Club all have convention facilities, but they're not the same as the Contemporary. They're all located in separate buildings, where many of the CR's rooms are right in the middle of the hotel.

Upvote 0

jazznrachie

We've stayed at both CBR and CSR. We prefer the layout of CBR better, in fact, we'll be staying there in 23 days! I think I like the food court and pool in the same area, it's separate at CSR. I have to admit, it's been awhile since we've been to CBR though, so I can't speak for the condition of the rooms. The fact that CSR is a convention resort never bothered us at all.

Upvote 0

GabeP

CSR has the largest rooms of any mod resort, if the size of your room is a concern. Otherwise, I would put it above CB but def below POFQ or PORS. The number of bus stops is daunting there, though so it can make for a long trek to/from the parks.

Upvote 0

CheshireCat12

You won't even realize CSR is a convention center. We didn't. The pool is still great for kids and the majority of the people there are not there for conventions. I haven't stayed at CBR, so I can't give you a true comparison. I will say that one of the pros of CSR is that the rooms are really nice. We very much enjoyed our room at CSR. The pool is also very fun and the slide is great.

My only complaint with CSR is the size of it. It's a lot of walking from Point A to Point B. We also stayed in the Ranchos (which were the furthest buildings from the lobby/cafeteria). Had we stayed in one of the other two areas it may have been better. But, it was a serious walk from our room to get breakfast in the morning and there were a few times when my daughter (who was 3 at the time) would get back to the room and after a long day just want a glass of milk and some grapes or something and either my DH or I would have to trek all the way to the cafeteria and back. It was exhausting.

Otherwise, it's a beautiful resort and is not too "adult" themed IMO.

Our strategy was to purchase some snack/drink items for breakfast the day before and keep them in the room fridge. Then we would not have to "trek" across the resort. By the way, we stayed in Ranchos twice and LOVED it- the landscaping is pretty, there are animals (bunnies, lizards, frogs, giant snails to name a few), and it is very very quiet in the back (Rancho 6A, back side near lot). I think everyone should try CSR! Oh, and the Dig Site pool is great, AND they have the biggest jacuzzi on property (seats 22 people).

Upvote 0

bethymouse

My experience at CBR was wonderful! The buses were slow and the check-in building is separate from the main building w/ the restaurants. We loved the pool! We enjoyed walking over the bridge and greeting the ducks, turtles, and fish daily! There are also many birds hanging about.:) The room was fine for 2 adults and two kids. The grounds are beautiful! Shutters food was OK, but we had great service! All in all, we enjoyed our stay! I would stay there again!:D

Upvote 0

SulleyanBoo

Go with POR! Especially if you loved it. We love it and have stayed multiple times. We have also stayed at Coronado and Carribbean and to us, POR still came out on top as far as our favorite. Coronado was not for us at all. We did feel it was less "magical" It's a beautiful resort I have been there for a formal dance and for the disney princess 1/2 expo and it's pretty but I would not choose to stay here. CB was great but it very spaced out. If you are on the opposite side of the dining hall it's a bit of a trek.

Wherever you stay, have FUN!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom