Reservation for 1?

lilclerk

Original Poster
So I have been trying for weeks to get a reservation at Le Cellier during my solo trip next month. It finally came up with availability for lunch on 8/14 today, but I had forgotten to change the default of 2 people to 1... I went ahead and made the reservation anyway just to lock it in. I went back in and (obviously) now the availability is gone.

Will there be a problem when I walk up and say I'll be dining alone even though the reservation is for 2? I figure I'd be seated at a 2 person table either way so it shouldn't make a difference, right?

disney4life2008

I just encountered the same problem!! :p

I wanted to make a solo ADR for 'Ohana and I tried every day of my vacation with nothing open.But I had it set on 1 and not 2. Once I put 2 - open times poped up. Once you have a reservation you are good to go. On my solo November trip at several TS resturants - they sat me at large tables for 4 or more. As long as you do not mind - it will not matter. I have a great time SOLO and will be solo in 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lilclerk

Original Poster
I just encountered the same problem!! :p

I wanted to make a solo ADR for 'Ohana and I tried every day of my vacation with nothing open.But I had it set on 1 and not 2. Once I put 2 - open times poped up. Once you have a reservation you are good to go. On my solo November trip at several TS resturants - they sat me at large tables for 4 or more. As long as you do not mind - it will not matter. I have a great time SOLO and will be solo in 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome, thanks so much! This is my first solo trip to WDW and I just want everything to go smoothly :lol:
Maybe I'll see you there! :wave:

sweetpee_1993

Interesting to know. I'm hoping for a long solo adventure for my 40th in a couple years. DH says no way, not without him but I bet I can get a week solo then have him come join me for week. :wave:

disney4life2008

Interesting to know. I'm hoping for a long solo adventure for my 40th in a couple years. DH says no way, not without him but I bet I can get a week solo then have him come join me for week. :wave:

Solos are the absolute best!!! Yes, people look at me funny and question where is my family and friends. However, when I see families arguing and screaming kids, I am so glad I am alone!! I love it!! It really only becomes uncomfortable at TS resturants particularly 'Ohana because it is family style and everyone is with family and friends. Other places you can blend in. However, nothing stops me from having a dinner at 'Ohana!!!!! People can stare all they want to

sweetpee_1993

Solos are the absolute best!!! Yes, people look at me funny and question where is my family and friends. However, when I see families arguing and screaming kids, I am so glad I am alone!! I love it!! It really only becomes uncomfortable at TS resturants particularly 'Ohana because it is family style and everyone is with family and friends. Other places you can blend in. However, nothing stops me from having a dinner at 'Ohana!!!!! People can stare all they want to

I hear ya. I had a lunch by myself during my May '09 trip with my brother and his girls. I felt so crappy I didn't make it out of bed until 11:00 - long after the gang had gone off to Tusker House for an early breakfast. I felt almost naked sitting there alone with nobody to talk to.

Gotta ask! At Ohana's do they just bring the platter & park it in front of you minus the plate to dish it onto since there's nobody else there to complain about your germs??? That'd be so funny!

I'd love to do solo just so I could do whatever I wanted at whatever pace I set. Even when it's just me & the DH, if I want to stop to shop or whatever and the DH says it's fine & waits without saying a word I still sorta get uncomfortable because I know I'm keeping someone waiting. Solo would so rock for this.

disney4life2008

Gotta ask! At Ohana's do they just bring the platter & park it in front of you minus the plate to dish it onto since there's nobody else there to complain about your germs??? That'd be so funny!

Dining solo at 'Ohana - they do everything as if it were 2 or more. :ROFLOL:But people really do stare. I forgot to mention - the lady that sings always singles me out and calls me cousin and gives me a lai. She always seems to catch me (I have been there twice solo) and she makes me feel part of the entire family

travelgip

I have been solo and I don't realy care about sitting by myself at a TS restaurant. I did Cindy's Castle for lunch when I arrived the first day and it was great! The best experience solo was Victoria & Albert's. They treat you like gold and when they knew I was there on my own to enjoy I think I got extra special attention. Other good places to go solo for kicks is Beirgarten, the open kitchen/bar areas of California Grill, Narcoosees and Citricos. Bring a book if you feel weird, but absolutely ENJOY!!!!!:wave:

disney4life2008

I have been solo and I don't realy care about sitting by myself at a TS restaurant. I did Cindy's Castle for lunch when I arrived the first day and it was great! The best experience solo was Victoria & Albert's. They treat you like gold and when they knew I was there on my own to enjoy I think I got extra special attention. Other good places to go solo for kicks is Beirgarten, the open kitchen/bar areas of California Grill, Narcoosees and Citricos. Bring a book if you feel weird, but absolutely ENJOY!!!!!:wave:

Thank you about the Victoria & Alberts comment. I earn my PhD in 1.5 year and I plan on treating myself to a weekend trip at the Grand Floridian and dinner at Victoria & Alberts (all solo). I was worried that they would treat me like I was crazy. :wave:

Flower'sChild

I just love going to DisneyWorld solo. I have my hotel room to myself. I get to make all the choices of what I want to do and where I want to eat. I can walk as fast and as slow as I want.

I also could not get a reservation for Ohana's as a party of one. I ended up talking to a woman from Ohana's over the phone and she made my reservation for me. She booked me as a party of two and explained that even though I am a party of one that this will be fine. She also said if I want to book Ohana's again I can always book as a party of two even though I am a party of one. I have been at Ohana's before for the character breakfast. This will be the first time that I have been to the dinner at Ohana's.

I also will be going to Victoria & Albert's by myself. This will be during my Polynesian trip on day 3 the middle day. Ohana dinner will be during my 5th and last day of my Polynesian trip. I have also done Cinderella Castle,California Grill,Narcoosees,Citricos,Le Cellier,Tusker House and many other dining places by myself. I love going to Princess story book dining by myself. Also I will be going to Citricos by myself on day 2 of my Polynesian trip. I like trying the different teas at Citricos.

lilclerk

Original Poster
Thanks everyone, I'm so glad to hear this is a slightly normal occurrence :lol:

I am SO excited for this trip! I'm going to ride Splash Mountain so many times :ROFLOL:

disney4life2008

I also could not get a reservation for Ohana's as a party of one. I ended up talking to a woman from Ohana's over the phone and she made my reservation for me. She booked me as a party of two and explained that even though I am a party of one that this will be fine. She also said if I want to book Ohana's again I can always book as a party of two even though I am a party of one. I have been at Ohana's before for the character breakfast. This will be the first time that I have been to the dinner at Ohana's.

I love 'Ohana solo. I always get a table right by the window overlooking Bay Lake and the castle for the fireworks!!

Flower'sChild

I love 'Ohana solo. I always get a table right by the window overlooking Bay Lake and the castle for the fireworks!!

Yes the woman over the phone she that she can't say for sure, but that she thinks I might can get a table by the window. She said they will try. My reservation is at 9:30 pm and the fireworks are at 10:00 pm.

This is check out day for me. Since I am staying at Polynesian I can use my room key for a locker at Grand Floridian's Spa & Health Club. I can use the locker up until 9 pm. I plan to swim at the pools in the Polynesian until it gets close to 9 pm. Also if I want to get something or whatever I can walk over to my locket at Grand Floridian. After 9 pm I will put some more stuff in storage or whatever. Then I will go over to Ohana's. I might get to Ohana's before 9:30 pm on that day.

Also since I will be at Polynesian. I might walk from my room over to Ohana's in the early morning to see if they can take me into the character breakfast as a walk in. This is just something that I might do. I have my Lilo and Stich dvd and it would be neat to have them sign it at Ohana's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom